Poll: Who do you want most as our next manager?

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Who would be your first choice?

• Graham Potter

• Scott Parker

• Ten Hag

• Rafa Benitez

• None of the above - comment below

• *Marcelo Bielsa

• *Ralf Rangnick

• *Ralph Hasenhüttl

• *Steven Gerrard

• *Julen Lopetegui

• *Christophe Galtier

• *Marcelo Gallardo

• *Oliver Glasner

• *Ryan Mason

• *Maurizio Sarri

• *Gian Piero Gasperini

• *Mauricio Pochettino

• *Antonio Conte

• *Eddie Howe

• *Gareth Southgate

• *Nuno Espirito Santo

• *Paulo Fonseca

• *Gennaro Gattuso

• *Ernesto Valverde

Results are only viewable after voting.
Do people really think that Levy is going to bring poch back and back him with a £200 Million plus war chest, while keeping the likes of Kane and Son and taking a loss getting all the deadwood out the door? :levylol:
Lets just say he decided he would, the thing that worries me is Poch doesn't have a great eye for a player, unless the likes of Sanchez and Foyth and Sissoko and Aurier were all forced onto Poch by Levy, and even when he does sign a player it takes them a season just to get integrated into the squad! Poch is not the right choice!

Seems to be a lot of sources picking up on the Poch return now. Whether that's them just copying each other I don't know.

He did build this squad before, and if we can get a DoF in place, then I'd like to see him given a chance again.

On the other hand, its the same players who got him sacked. Will that be forgotten about and will the players realise they owe him?

Seems to be a lot of sources picking up on the Poch return now. Whether that's them just copying each other I don't know.

He did build this squad before, and if we can get a DoF in place, then I'd like to see him given a chance again.

On the other hand, its the same players who got him sacked. Will that be forgotten about and will the players realise they owe him?
The majority of that squad were already here though, no one can deny that poch got them playing some of the sexiest football i have ever seen in our last season at the lane, but he has a shit eye for a player! I have no trust in him identifying players for Levy to try and buy plus is he really going to come in and cull the likes of Dele and Winks? We need a fresh start and its not healthy for him or us if he comes back!

Same players or not it always ends in tears when managers return. Spurs should move on and try and get a good manager. If Poch couldn't win the farmers ligue with players like Mbappe and Neymar, what makes you think he will be any better now.

I honestly don't think there is a single person- Levy In, Levy out, media, fan, former player that thinks that Hitchen should stay in that role and that we shouldn't bring in a proper DOF. It is the one thing I think every one agrees on, even if who that should be differs. So how can Levy keep the same set up? It is beyond idiotic and unexcusable.
I'd say there's a simple explanation to that question.

If stubbornness was an Olympic event he would top the all-time gold medal winners table

HhTwTmW.png

Love Poch
Want him back in the future, but under different circumstances to what we have now.

We are a total basket case of a club at the moment. The same issues are still here, and are a lot worse now, from when he left.

Someone needs to come in, sort the shit out, hopefully Levy sells up in the interim and then Poch to return down the line, is what is needed

Last edited:
Same players or not it always ends in tears when managers return. Spurs should move on and try and get a good manager. If Poch couldn't win the farmers ligue with players like Mbappe and Neymar, what makes you think he will be any better now.

Still here wonmina, Eder etc.

Brushing up on your Italian ?

I think the shit that we have been served since he left has been a testament that it was always the players and not Pochettino.
I well remember many Poch haters at the time claiming we didn't need new players and Poch was the problem

16 months later the same people were saying our squad was shit and we needed a total rebuild.

bill-cosby-confused.gif

The majority of that squad were already here though, no one can deny that poch got them playing some of the sexiest football i have ever seen in our last season at the lane, but he has a shit eye for a player! I have no trust in him identifying players for Levy to try and buy plus is he really going to come in and cull the likes of Dele and Winks? We need a fresh start and its not healthy for him or us if he comes back!
People forget Poch's hand in our decline too. Poor eye for a player, lack of rotation, sticking to a ridiculous diamond, playing Sissoko, choking almost every big game we had...

I love him, and I want him back - but at a time when he has actually grown as a manager and can return as the prodigal son.

Right now Ive seen nothing to suggest a year off and internship at PSG has allowed any change in him, and as so many have rightfully said - the squad he would return to is much the same as the one he and they had such a decline with.

A Poch return now would be, IMO, a huge mistake - as much as the idea hits me in the feels - and would likely destroy his legacy with the club.

A Poch return in 5 or 10 years, older, wiser, a winner, coming in and showing us what he can do having reached his potential? Thats a whole different proposition.

isn't this something on reflection both need to learn from? Levy not backing him with a rebuild, and Poch not scouting players (if he actually did).

If we don't learn from our mistakes in life how do we ever move forward, Poch had enough time to reflect on the good (there was a lot) and the bad. Strikes me as the sort of individual who whilst stubborn at times wants to improve.

Love Poch
Want him back in the future, but under different circumstances to what we have now.

We are a total basket case of a club at the moment. The same issues are still here, and are a lot worse now from he he left.

Someone needs to come in, sort the shit out, hopefully Levy sells up in the interim and then Poch to return down the line, is what is needed
new owners, then first appointment. Getting the old team back together with proper backing #writtenInTheStars

Whoever leaked those Poch rumours made a big mistake as I feel the fans will be pretty underwhelmed if it’s not him the next manager (which I believe he won’t be).

Thats why I'd want a DoF in place as well.

Poch had some bad signings, but also some great signings. Alderweireld, Son, Dele to name a few.

I agree it doesn't always end well, but it can also go the other way.

Poch wouldn't be my first choice, but I'd want him over the likes of Martinez, Southgate, Nuno and Benitez.

Back
Top Bottom