Rate This Transfer Window

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

How Do You Rate This Transfer Window?

• Total voters
Regardless if you‘re Enic in or Enic out, you're living in a dream world if you thought all of our squad problems were going to be sorted in one window.

So far, whilst not perfect, we seem to be going in the right direction. So 6/10 for me.

Not sure what everyone was expecting from this transfer window. I’m surprised we made the signings that we did. The signings we did make are very solid, young with potential and in positions we need. I think we’ve shown now over the last few years that our expensive, marquee signings haven’t all worked out. We also cleared out a lot of the deadwood. I think it’s been a solid window and if we can ship Aurier and CCV today and bring in a CAM and backup striker then I would say it’s been a really good window. I think people need to realize that any striker we bring in will just be a backup so that really limits the pool of players because they know they won’t get as much game time as they want. Having said that, someone is better than no one.

Overall, I’m pleasantly surprised and still a few hours to go.

He's spot on

All fair points, no?

Not me but could very easily have been exactly, word for word what I'd have written. If I ever did that. Which I don't.

It's totally true and I worry that 3 x 1-0 wins so far really is clouding how bad this window has been.
We will start losing and the lack of goals will be the number one gripe among fans.
Sanchez and/or Dier will have a massive brain fair soon and the ball will hit the back of the net, because Lloris is great, but not superman.
When the defence does start dicking up, Nuna has to start shuffling and then we get the problems of an unsettled back line.

Not me but could very easily have been exactly, word for word what I'd have written. If I ever did that. Which I don't.

It's totally true and I worry that 3 x 1-0 wins so far really is clouding how bad this window has been.
We will start losing and the lack of goals will be the number one gripe among fans.
Sanchez and/or Dier will have a massive brain fair soon and the ball will hit the back of the net, because Lloris is great, but not superman.
When the defence does start dicking up, Nuna has to start shuffling and then we get the problems of an unsettled back line.
Those 3 wins is the worst thing that could have happened to our transfer window - sad but true

Those 3 wins is the worst thing that could have happened to our transfer window - sad but true
It's actually shocking how the fans have fallen for it. I can't believe all the brain farts of Dave and Dier have been forgotten already. I mean, they haven't been perfect in these 3 wins, but because we haven't conceded, it's 100% because of them.
Like giving Kane a credit for Son scoring a goal when he didn't even assist

As it stands, I give this window a 5.

However, if we sign this right back I will give the window a solid 6.

I would have given us a 7 if we signed another CB as well as an RB and would have even given us a 8 if we signed a CAM as well.

Anything above an 8 would have been another CB, RB, CAM and backup ST.

So yeah, as things stand, a 5, if we sign a RB (which it looks likely we will) then a 6 for sure.

5 for me. No backup striker again is absolutely criminal. I like the gil signing very much but overall I'd still say still an imbalanced squad and more could of been done on outgoing and incoming players imo.

Not sure what everyone was expecting from this transfer window. I’m surprised we made the signings that we did. The signings we did make are very solid, young with potential and in positions we need. I think we’ve shown now over the last few years that our expensive, marquee signings haven’t all worked out. We also cleared out a lot of the deadwood. I think it’s been a solid window and if we can ship Aurier and CCV today and bring in a CAM and backup striker then I would say it’s been a really good window. I think people need to realize that any striker we bring in will just be a backup so that really limits the pool of players because they know they won’t get as much game time as they want. Having said that, someone is better than no one.

Overall, I’m pleasantly surprised and still a few hours to go.

I was expecting that we would try to address the massive issues we have at this club. I thought we would attempt to make the team better than the one that finished 7th in the league last year.

I know the apologist line is that we can't fix everything in one window, but I am not sure why we couldn't have started the process of making the attack more than Kane and Son in this window. I am not sure why Paratici hasn't been here long enough to bring in a creative player in the MF. Why we can't add an attacking player to support Kane and Son makes zero sense, has nothing to do with time or money.

We just had to use Kane to win a play-off game in the ECL against Paco de Ferrara (sp?), that shows how awful our depth in attack is. Paratici shouldn't need time to see these things, he doesn't need more windows to start fixing this problem.

Downgraded from 5 to 4. We haven't solved the extra goals issue, centre mid we are short and centre back area needed extra strengthening.

I’m firmly on a 5 now with Emerson in and no additional attacking option brought in. I’m operating under the assumption Nuno has been directed to give Ndombele a way back into the squad.

WOW!!!!

The Cult going full on weird.

We win our first 3 games of the season without conceding for the first time ever and it's :

"The worst thing" and "it's shocking how the fans have fallen for it"

Well, I suppose it is shocking and the worst thing to happen when you have your hopes pinned on us failing.

Downgraded from 5 to 4. We haven't solved the extra goals issue, centre mid we are short and centre back area needed extra strengthening.

I can live with the defence. Tanganga, Royal, Romero, Rodon, Dier, Sanchez, Regulion, Davies and Sessegnon is pretty decent in terms of depth.

Main concern is cover for Skipp and Hojbjerg if we are playing two DM’s and cover for Kane. Our first 11 is really strong but we are an injury or two away from Lucas as our striker and Winks as our DM.

I can live with the defence. Tanganga, Royal, Romero, Rodon, Dier, Sanchez, Regulion, Davies and Sessegnon is pretty decent in terms of depth.

Main concern is cover for Skipp and Hojbjerg if we are playing two DM’s and cover for Kane. Our first 11 is really strong but we are an injury or two away from Lucas as our striker and Winks as our DM.

The defense is high on quantity low on quality.

Tottenham

In

Cristian Romero - Atalanta, £47m

Pierluigi Gollini - Atalanta, loan

Bryan Gil - Seville, £21.6m plus Erik Lamela

Pape Matar Sarr - Metz to Tottenham, undisclosed

Out

Paulo Gazzaniga - contract expired

Danny Rose - Watford, free transfer

Kazaiah Sterling - contract expired

Juan Foyth - Villarreal, undisclosed

Erik Lamela - Seville, swap for Bryan Gil