Richarlison

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

If you're old enough to remember Archibald, how about...

"We'll take good care of you, Richarlison, Richarlison... We'll take good care of you, Richarlison, Richarlison... " 🎶🎶🎶🎶
I think that only started 'cos it was taken from the British Caledonian adverts... and Archie was Scottish... (and previously unloved by SAF at Aberdeen I vaguely remember... though might be wrong!)

But yes, the sentiment is perfect for Richie!

Is there a Brazilian airline company we can nick the advertising theme from...?

Players like rich can be toxic & a big distraction in the dressing room. As United are finding. But it was very telling how many players looked genuinely happy for him & were giving him lots of positive attention & praise after the match. Seems to be very popular with the other players. If he was toxic you can kind of tell by how others are around him. Seems like he takes it out on himself rather than those around him.

Not been his biggest fan and the signing in general but really chuffed for him. Clearly a good guy that works his socks off and desperately wants to do well. Shows he has something to offer, maybe playing off the left which is where he played in his best performances with Everton. Hopefully yesterday is a game changer for him.

I just wonder whether the perceived arrogance, and moodiness was covering something deeper all along?

He seemed to be genuinely humbled at the reaction of his teammates at the end... And of course the ovation he received from the fans....

Scoring the equaliser, and setting up the winner clearly had summit to do with it...
But his cult status is beginning to forge itself...

Usually, the 'cult favourite' is reserved for players like Freund, Doherty or Dominguez, who aren't actually THAT good, but the fans still seem to like them...

Richie is different... he IS THAT good!

Last edited:
I just wonder whether the perceived arrogance, and moodiness was covering something deeper all along?

He seemed to be genuinely humbled at the reaction of his teammates at the end... And of course the ovation he received from the fans....

Scoring the equaliser, and setting up the winner clearly had summit to do with it...
But his cult status is beginning to forge itself...

Usually, the 'cult favourite' I'd reserved for players like Freund, or Dominguez, who aren't actually THAT good, but the fans still like them...

Richie is different... he IS good!
I think he is naturally very intense, full on, passionate & emotional guy. I think just needs to channel/express it all in a healthy way rather than negatively like when he gets angry with himself & explodes. It’s good he is passionate & desperately wants us & himself to do well.

Players like rich can be toxic & a big distraction in the dressing room. As United are finding. But it was very telling how many players looked genuinely happy for him & were giving him lots of positive attention & praise after the match. Seems to be very popular with the other players. If he was toxic you can kind of tell by how others are around him. Seems like he takes it out on himself rather than those around him.
Was it Kulu in one of yesterdays interviews said he was a funny guy in the dressing and everyone loves him... The only thing toxic about out clubs at the moment are far too many of our fans.

I think his bravery in speaking a out mental health is slightly forgetting the fact that the ONLY reason he started doing the 'Pigeon dance' is because fans (and oppo players?) regularly took the piss out of his facial appearance/ in particular his nose...

He's had to 'own' that by making light of it with a silly dance... he's ALREADY been subject of bullying, just 'cos of his appearance...

In THIS day and age... 'cos of his NOSE?
WTF have people become?

The guys a warrior.... every squad needs a few like him in order to win games like we did yesterday.
As a fellow large nose possessor, I feel this.

Awkward Season 4 GIF by The Office

I watched richy play well and score 2 cracking headers when we beat marseille

And we were dog awful that night

He had a triffic game without being spectacular

Aside from that and the odd moment, he’s not been good enough

But conte had a way of getting players to perform at levels even they didn’t know they could plumb

So … I’ve always held out a bit of hope for him because I saw that he could do it

Made up for him to get a great strikers goal …. I’m sure with a bit of confidence he’ll be alright. I think he’s capable of 12 - 18 prem league goals

Ok in an ange team that spreads them about a bit

Was it Kulu in one of yesterdays interviews said he was a funny guy in the dressing and everyone loves him... The only thing toxic about out clubs at the moment are far too many of our fans.
Yes when rich is in an angry & bad mood I’d be scared of him & staying away ha. But it seems he doesn’t make the others feel that way. Which tells you all you need to know.

I watched richy play well and score 2 cracking headers when we beat marseille

And we were dog awful that night

He had a triffic game without being spectacular

Aside from that and the odd moment, he’s not been good enough

But conte had a way of getting players to perform at levels even they didn’t know they could plumb

So … I’ve always held out a bit of hope for him because I saw that he could do it

Made up for him to get a great strikers goal …. I’m sure with a bit of confidence he’ll be alright. I think he’s capable of 12 - 18 prem league goals

Ok in an ange team that spreads them about a bit

I do love how a single performance and he goes from a a failure to the second coming of jesus. We are so fickle.
Yeah people are too reactionary & over exaggerate! In my view rich is a lot better than he has been BUT I don’t think his ceiling is leading the line for a title contender or club who wins stuff. May as well use him this season & give him a shot at being our main man. But I think we need to aim higher in the summer.

I was quite worried how he would get back on track after early season games... but that was brilliant end of the game from him.

For Scum game I'd like to see front 3 -

--Son----Richie---Johnson--

But more likely Kulu will start on the right for his tracking back and also the ability to retain possession and even take down long balls if we are required to play them.

I hope he keeps his head and gets into gooners ones, not vice versa!

Back
Top Bottom