Richarlison

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

I do love how a single performance and he goes from a a failure to the second coming of jesus. We are so fickle.

Nobody has said this.

But if we're (rightly) going to criticise his bad performances, then we should give credit where it's due when he plays well.

It's clear he's going through a tough patch mentally (I don't wish mental health issues on anyone - god knows I've hit some dark dark times), and as supporters, we should be doing exactly that...supporting him.

I'm sure we all want him to be happy, fit and firing on all cylinders.

Nobody has said this.

But if we're (rightly) going to criticise his bad performances, then we should give credit where it's due when he plays well.

It's clear he's going through a tough patch mentally (I don't wish mental health issues on anyone - god knows I've hit some dark dark times), and as supporters, we should be doing exactly that...supporting him.

I had to run this back!! The reel that started it all!😂😂😂 Do you agree or disagree? Comment your thoughts. Like, Follow, Share Chatney Johnson #RelationshipGoals #Fyp #Viral #Reels | Chatney Johnson | Chatney Johnson · Original audio

This is apparently his new GF, so understandable that he would be starting to fire on all cylinders now. Moral of the story, when you're having a tough time communication is key. :richclosed:

I do love how a single performance and he goes from a a failure to the second coming of jesus. We are so fickle.
Fickle?

F6TcZSjWoAAgSlg

:disdain:

Despite how well he did against Sheffield, I think I’d keep him on the bench against Woolwich. Give him a good 20-25 mins off the bench and let him demand a starting place with a good performance. I think he has turned the corner but it’s very early days.

Nobody has said this.

It was a nice header goal for Richy. I hope this can really get him going, we need him to contribute to the team going forward since we are short in the Striker area.

Despite how well he did against Sheffield, I think I’d keep him on the bench against Woolwich. Give him a good 20-25 mins off the bench and let him demand a starting place with a good performance. I think he has turned the corner but it’s very early days.
As much as I'm stoked for Richy and think we'll see a rejuvenated version of him Son should still start whenever we play teams that don't use a low block. For the low block teams richy starts.
Absolutely... but that's the point of having a bigger squad with versatility, and players who can adapt.

Different teams play different tactics, therefore WE (or anyone) should have different players with the ability to combat those different tactics...

you don't play the same 11 players regardless of who you play...

Poste made 5 changes on Saturday (Richie being just one) in order to combat and eventually beat a team like Sheff Utd...

...let's not forget that 'fan faves' Perisic, Højbjerg and Royal were also on the pitch when we won... they all did their bit (especially Perisic with the corner... wicked, delicious delivery!)

Squad game, innit!

Definitely don’t think he should start against Woolwich. There will be so much space in behind them so we need to start sonny central and Johnson left. That’s tough for Solomon as he’s done well but blistering pace kills them. Maddison will be able to find those two with ease and deki on the other side gives them a different problem. Keep Richy hungry and bring him on with 20 to go again. I’d be surprised if Johnson and Sonny don’t start the game.

Last edited:
Absolutely delighted for Richy, couldn't have written a better script for him after the recent revelations about his personal problems.

Knowing the root cause however doesn't change the fact his form has been somewhere between poor and anonymous of late and merely helps to explain rather than ignore the problem.

Nothing wrong with constructive criticism from fans (that's our job) and I tend to give the offerings from those who delight in calling our players 'cunts' the respect they deserve by identifying them as bigger 'cunts' themselves.

I actually think he's exactly what's needed for the NLD after last weekend. He'll be fired up and he's the type to take on board what the Derby means and will battle, harry the opposition and give his all.

I actually think he's exactly what's needed for the NLD after last weekend. He'll be fired up and he's the type to take on board what the Derby means and will battle, harry the opposition and give his all.
Nah, it will be best for him to come off the bench. Especially when goons play high up, Sonny is perfect for it. But if he can't perform Rich should come on in the 2nd half to spark some life.

I think he should start against weaker teams who play more defensive.

I haven't a clue what the right selection is for the weekend. Perisic and Richy is a nice combo to bring from the bench in the second half, but Gabriel and Saliba is a mobile and physical pair for Son to contend with. Woolwich also a physically large team, and Richy over Solomon would be of great benefit to us at attacking and defending set pieces. Do you hope for a big performance from him coming with the confidence from his heroics at the weekend? Trust Ange to base the decision on more information than we're privy to, if he's training well I'm sure he'll be under consideration.

I haven't a clue what the right selection is for the weekend. Perisic and Richy is a nice combo to bring from the bench in the second half, but Gabriel and Saliba is a mobile and physical pair for Son to contend with. Woolwich also a physically large team, and Richy over Solomon would be of great benefit to us at attacking and defending set pieces. Do you hope for a big performance from him coming with the confidence from his heroics at the weekend? Trust Ange to base the decision on more information than we're privy to, if he's training well I'm sure he'll be under consideration.

I think we need Richy to play and Sons pace to get behind them.

Good lad Richy

Refreshing to hear someone admit they’re not okay. I hope he gets the help he needs and comes back stronger.
It is very encouraging when people admit not all was well, own the problem and then set about fixing it up. With help of course.

Back
Top Bottom