Richarlison

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Tbf to him he didn't even suggest he'd been tugged

Jimmy Fallon Flirt GIF by The Tonight Show Starring Jimmy Fallon

If he makes a deal of suggesting he was fouled, it may have been checked properly?
With the way he's playing maybe he needs a few more tugs in his life. Maybe that would help him be more relaxed in front of goal? :sonhmm:

This is a habit of Richie's which I think can be coached out of his game.

1. Ball watching the whole time (no scanning):

Screen-Shot-2023-10-09-at-1-31-58-pm.png

2. Receives the ball while looking at the ground

Screen-Shot-2023-10-09-at-1-29-32-pm.png

3. The poor first touch takes the ball too far away from his body. Poor first touch is often a result of not being prepared how you want to receive the pass (due to lack of scanning)

Screen-Shot-2023-10-09-at-1-30-14-pm.png

4. Lack of checking GK positioning, focusing on the ball (as a pro he doesn't need to know where the ball is in relation to his foot)

Screen-Shot-2023-10-09-at-1-31-02-pm.png

5. Under no pressure strikes the ball off-balance, placing all the kinetic energy generated from his left-peg towards the ground which will cause the ball to trickle towards the keeper instead of hitting it with power to lift it over the keeper

Screen-Shot-2023-10-09-at-1-27-47-pm.png
Some solid observations but he doesn't strike me as the fast learner type :avbshit:

This is a habit of Richie's which I think can be coached out of his game.

1. Ball watching the whole time (no scanning):

Screen-Shot-2023-10-09-at-1-31-58-pm.png

2. Receives the ball while looking at the ground

Screen-Shot-2023-10-09-at-1-29-32-pm.png

3. The poor first touch takes the ball too far away from his body. Poor first touch is often a result of not being prepared how you want to receive the pass (due to lack of scanning)

Screen-Shot-2023-10-09-at-1-30-14-pm.png

4. Lack of checking GK positioning, focusing on the ball (as a pro he doesn't need to know where the ball is in relation to his foot)

Screen-Shot-2023-10-09-at-1-31-02-pm.png

5. Under no pressure strikes the ball off-balance, placing all the kinetic energy generated from his left-peg towards the ground which will cause the ball to trickle towards the keeper instead of hitting it with power to lift it over the keeper

Screen-Shot-2023-10-09-at-1-27-47-pm.png

5. Under no pressure is a bit of a stretch, the Luton defender deflected his shot from behind.

Everything else looks like valid comments.

Thought in real time he should have gone near post. Luton's GK is much better going to his left than his right from what I've seen. VDV's shot was to his right as well.

5. Under no pressure is a bit of a stretch, the Luton defender deflected his shot from behind.

Everything else looks like valid comments.

Thought in real time he should have gone near post. Luton's GK is much better going to his left than his right from what I've seen. VDV's shot was to his right as well.
His save from Deki was brilliant and that was to his right.

More than missing the sitters, the thing that lost me is the lack of basic quality or hustle. He's too big and slow to really press, or be a counter attack threat.

He does nothing well except headers. He does most things so badly that he's being carried nearly as much as Haaland.

More than missing the sitters, the thing that lost me is the lack of basic quality or hustle. He's too big and slow to really press, or be a counter attack threat.

He does nothing well except headers. He does most things so badly that he's being carried nearly as much as Haaland.

I dunno, he presses like a maniac tbh. One of the better press defenders in the team.

Does look a bit heavy though.

He isn't bad as torres2.0 that some are making him out to be, he hasn't missed any sitters. He is better than almost half a dozen strikers spurs have tried in recent years including Janssen,soldado, llorente, njie and Vinicius.

He is going to come good, have some patience.

For me that has been explained now by the image of the pull in his shirt.

The fact he couldn't go with his head because of it makes it a clear pen for me.

However, I had no inkling of the foul when watching so not gonna cry about it.

VAR should have seen it though if they are doing their job.
The image of the shirt pull is after the ball is already by richarlison.

He isn't bad as torres2.0 that some are making him out to be, he hasn't missed any sitters. He is better than almost half a dozen strikers spurs have tried in recent years including Janssen,soldado, llorente, njie and Vinicius.

He is going to come good, have some patience.
All will be answered at the end of this season. We will see.

I think he is trying hard (best he can muster at this time) and in all fairness to him he hasn't been a problem to the club. Mental health is tough and then multiply that by a hundred when you are in the public eye, and might also hear negative stuff online or in the crowd. He had the balls to ask for help, he has been doing okay... He is getting in good positions to score so his instincts are still there but his confidence is lacking so he unfortunately is fluffing it and not hitting it sweetly. I really think it will come good, and it will be a great story when he starts scoring regularly.

I think we all want him to start scoring regularly and be a big player for us but unfortunately history tells us he won’t be that player we all hope for. To have not scored a goal for us with his feet in more than a season is ludicrous for a front player. People were saying at the start of the season give him 8/9/10 games and see where we are and we are there now. He will eventually become a bit part player like skipp,Hojbjerg and Davies are before we move him on. Johnson will take his place or Veliz will likely start centrally instead of him .
Maybe richy needs to go where there’s less expectation to get spark back.

Still getting picked for Brazil. Incidentally Martinelli doesn't make the Brazil squad. Seems totally irrational. Although he does perform for Brazil, and this is why we need a sale. Richarlison can still be marketable as a Brazilian international who gets pitch time.

We are taking a loss surely. But its a loss we need to take. Put the feelers out to Spain and see if someone wants him and if a 35-40m deal can be done, then just wear the difference. Dont assume Richarlison is a '60m asset' because thats his book value. He needs to be sold to make room for someone else.

When our best finisher today was a defender, you know ALL our attackers had an off day finishing wise.

Son and Maddison took terrible shots. Porro missed a chance but he's a defender so can go easier.

Also think there were a handful of situations where we took the wrong option.

Was just a poor day at the finishing office.

Dunno why he didn't go for that first chance with his head though.
Look at the picture of him being held back by his shirt and then ask the question again

Don't forget about his shocking first touch...
I mean, he is not silky. He is not strong. He is not fast. He is not clinical.

That does not make a good reading of a supposed CF in EPL.

I don't know what to hope anymore. He is a Spurs player and he tries really hard.
But I don't see how and where does he fit into our system. For CF he lacks finishing ability (yes, just go and watch Son goals vs Pool and Woolwich; no need to look any further) and first touch to even serve as a hold-up player for long balls. For winger he lacks pace and close-control to go past defenders.

I mean, I went and checked, he has only played 1400 minutes of EPL football for us which is not that much. And ofc even lot less under Ange. But on the other hand, there are alternatives and youth players breathing down his neck...

Right now he is a massive questionmark along with likes of Gil, Veliz, Sessegnon, Lo Celso (just added him here from politeness, to me he is fully written off) and many youth prospects like Phillips, Dorrington, Donley. We have to get some understanding regarding majority of them by Jan window. And then act accordingly.

Look at the picture of him being held back by his shirt and then ask the question again

You are totally missing a point.
We are talking about CF who has 0 goals scored by foot in 1400 minutes of EPL football.

Why narrow down to one specific chance when he has had tens of them across this time and haven't scored a single one...

Back
Top Bottom