Rodrigo Bentancur

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Whilst he's not played enough to really confirm, I feel like the slight dip in form has coincided with Maddison coming into the team

He was great against Villa, Bournemouth, Burnley and United. Poor against City as were the whole team but then Maddison comes back into starting games and Bentancur was so poor against Brentford he got subbed off at HT and then was anonymous yesterday.

He’s been below his standard for 109 minutes. He was class v Utd.

Which warrants a discussion as to why he's dropped form

This isn't an echo chamber mate - just because you like him doesn't mean his performances cannot be questioned, same for anyone else in the squad.

Which warrants a discussion as to why he's dropped form

This isn't an echo chamber mate - just because you like him doesn't mean his performances cannot be questioned, same for anyone else in the squad.
I’m having a discussion. I think he’s well below his standard for the last couple of games but players can’t always be at the top of their game. Players can have a dip because the opposition make them have a dip or they just don’t play as well. If it went on for a longer period then yes he must get left out the team but not just now. He’s also had such a tough time with injury and you can get through a few games playing great then a drop in form can happen. I don’t think we need to worry about him.

I’m having a discussion. I think he’s well below his standard for the last couple of games but players can’t always be at the top of their game. Players can have a dip because the opposition make them have a dip or they just don’t play as well. If it went on for a longer period then yes he must get left out the team but not just now. He’s also had such a tough time with injury and you can get through a few games playing great then a drop in form can happen. I don’t think we need to worry about him.

Literally all you had to say in the first place 😆

Haven't you got a good word for anyone on this site? You seem to hate everyone and come on here specifically to start trouble and jeer at other members.. I'm not easily annoyed but before I do get annoyed,, you're going on ignore....negativity and uncalled for insults have probably made you as unpopular as airfixx....

ok

Haven't you got a good word for anyone on this site? You seem to hate everyone and come on here specifically to start trouble and jeer at other members.. I'm not easily annoyed but before I do get annoyed,, you're going on ignore....negativity and uncalled for insults have probably made you as unpopular as airfixx....
Nobody else could ever be that unpopular.
Airfixx is top of the list of ignored.. ahem...members. It will never be knocked off that spot.

We are all waiting for the Bentancur/Sarr/Maddison combination, maybe we will see it against Brighton. I think there is a strong case for Bissouma against his old team though, players usually respond to that.

He fancy's me!!

Sexy Prince GIF

No Harry wasn’t our best player up until that point. He was a lot like Richie, scoring a lot of tap ins and penalties.

Bentancur carried us in many ways before he got injured. People forget we were up there in the tables before he got injured and then we fell apart

Harry was our best player last season overall but Bentancur was the best until he got injured
Yeah cause Skipp is a lot worse. If we replaced Kane with Scarlett we would've have fallen even faster.
"A lot like Richie" Richie has been our best player in the last couple of months, so sure.

I feel he'll get a break now that Biss and Sarr are back
We have 3 TOP quality CMs for those two positions, so rotation and rest is FINALLY something we (and they) can take advantage of, and benefit from!

Perm ANY 2 from BISS - SARR - BENTANCUR and we're laughing.

His ankle probably won’t be 100% until next season.

We’d be better off using him off the bench more than not until then.
Why do you think that his ankle won’t be 100% till next season? His ankle might not be right but we always look for something when a player is not at the top of his game. He’s a mixed bag just now because he’s still doing very good things but is just a bit slack with his passing.

Why do you think that his ankle won’t be 100% till next season? His ankle might not be right but we always look for something when a player is not at the top of his game. He’s a mixed bag just now because he’s still doing very good things but is just a bit slack with his passing.
Because he was moving fine before the ankle injury and he clearly can’t move at the moment.

Back
Top Bottom