Rodrigo Bentancur

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

They're twins. Twins typically do look very alike, if not identical. It's a perfectly normal question to ask a parent of twins how they tell them apart.
I often wondered how I would cope if I had twins. I can't remember who most people are, much less a pair of identical twins.
I went to school with twins for 11 years and only really learned the difference in about year 8

No Hispanic people ever had trouble telling them apart. They look very different.

It will...but we are better than the Mickey mouse club and don't need to tie ourselves in knots pretending that he didn't simply do something thoughtless and bigoted and like Suarez tried to pretend its somehow about Latin American culture...but but but.😏

True

He did make a dickhead, racist joke about his mate. No excuses for it.

We also don’t need to tie ourselves in knots equating it with genuine hatred and prejudice or looking for more extreme punishments.

Both apologies were warranted. Making sure he educates himself on the differences in the way people react to what he said… makes perfect sense.

Do we need to chop his hand off for stealing a loaf of bread.

I don't want to live in a society where people are lambasted rather than being given the space and opportunity to learn.

Intent is extremely important in any situation like this..... and I will only ever judge someone based on their willingness to listen and understand how x or y might be taken in the context it is said.

I don't want to live in a society where people are lambasted rather than being given the space and opportunity to learn.

Intent is extremely important in any situation like this..... and I will only ever judge someone based on their willingness to listen and understand how x or y might be taken in the context it is said.
You live in that society. Criticise that society and you will be called racist, far right and fringe. Sticks and stones.

I'm sure you'd concede that we need to probe a little deeper than "I didn't mean it"....

Which potentially is all the below investigation is.

Completely normal, rational behaviour from everyone involved

View: https://x.com/AlasdairGold/status/1804474986234601658

What an over reaction. We live in ridiculous times.

"Investigation" doesn't "tried and guilt".

Back
Top Bottom