Rodrigo Bentancur

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

I would struggle to tell many Koreans apart, they might say the same about westerners. Not sure this is necessarily racist? Maybe something about pattern recognition and the human brain.
In what seems like a previous life I used to work out of the Old Bailey as a press photographer.

I remember a case where one of the witnesses was a Chinese bloke who had seen a murder in Chinatown. When asked if he could definitely identify the perpetrator as the accused in the dock, he caused a stir because he replied that maybe not, as all Caucasians looked alike to him.

It's certainly "a thing", known as the "Other Race Effect". There's an episode of The Good Wife that centres on just this issue.

'They All Look Alike': The Other-Race Effect

In what seems like a previous life I used to work out of the Old Bailey as a press photographer.

I remember a case where one of the witnesses was a Chinese bloke who had seen a murder in Chinatown. When asked if he could definitely identify the perpetrator as the accused in the dock, he caused a stir because he replied that maybe not, as all Caucasians looked alike to him.

It's certainly "a thing", known as the "Other Race Effect". There's an episode of The Good Wife that centres on just this issue.

'They All Look Alike': The Other-Race Effect
As I have told before, when I was in Africa I was often mistaken for some other "white guy" who I think I did not look like, but never for a moment did I take it as being racist when I was told, "You white guys all look the same."
And in some Asian countries this "mistaking" has also happened.

Back
Top Bottom