Rodrigo Bentancur

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Think he was pretty underwhelming in this game to be honest.

He was OK I thought. Both him and Hojbjerg provided a steady enough base. Very busy, few nice tackles as well. But his passing has been very underwhelming of late, and it increasingly looks like we're still missing that player in the middle of the park who is a cut above the busy players, of which we definitely have enough of now.

Too weak and slow. Needs to think quicker.

Tough gig today..... Arguably the toughest in Europe currently... Even more so when you're outnumbered 2 on 3.

Not good in the first half... Improved a lot in the second.

Still done more good than bad since arriving.

Someone else mentioned in the match thread; it took Keita 3 years to become a PL player. Signs are he'll get there much quicker than that.

Let's not forget we played against probs the best team in the world currently.
He had an up and down game but he contributed greatly to a good performance.

Won't be the first or last player to be overwhelmed by Liverpool press. Also clearly isn't a game changer for us. Think he's been 50/50 for good and poor performances this season, and out of the last 4 he's only played well against Leicester, who had a reserve midfield out.

Him and Hojbjerg are both OK players who need someone in there with them who is more than ok and offers that bit extra, as Thiago did for Liverpool today. Ideally long term both would be squad players I think.

Won't be the first or last player to be overwhelmed by Liverpool press. Also clearly isn't a game changer for us. Think he's been 50/50 for good and poor performances this season, and out of the last 4 he's only played well against Leicester, who had a reserve midfield out.

Him and Hojbjerg are both OK players who need someone in there with them who is more than ok and offers that bit extra, as Thiago did for Liverpool today. Ideally long term both would be squad players I think.
If Hog and Bent wind up as "just squad players" for us then we will have one hell of a great squad.

If Hog and Bent wind up as "just squad players" for us then we will have one hell of a great squad.

Sure .. and that's the ideal. The more realistic scenario is one remains starting for us but we go out and find that game changing midfield player. But starting both isn't good enough if we have ambitions of being a CL level team.

Tough gig today..... Arguably the toughest in Europe currently... Even more so when you're outnumbered 2 on 3.

Not good in the first half... Improved a lot in the second.

Still done more good than bad since arriving.

Someone else mentioned in the match thread; it took Keita 3 years to become a PL player. Signs are he'll get there much quicker than that.

Has he actually had a good game against anyone who's actually turned up? Being insipid against Liverpool away is one thing, being insipid against Villa, Brighton, Burnley, Brentford etc...

This constant CM2 thing doesn't help, but I wouldn't be excited about Bentancur in a midfield 3 either, he's not a dominating 6 and he's not a transitioning 8.

I'd swap him for Keita yesterday. Least he's got some fucking vim.

Sure .. and that's the ideal. The more realistic scenario is one remains starting for us but we go out and find that game changing midfield player. But starting both isn't good enough if we have ambitions of being a CL level team.
This.

Whether it's Hobby or Bent that gets shifted (don't think there's too much between them at this point) we defo need an upgrade in there - Bissouma plz.

Then Skippy and one of them as back up is a very healthy 4.

Has he actually had a good game against anyone who's actually turned up? Being insipid against Liverpool away is one thing, being insipid against Villa, Brighton, Burnley, Brentford etc...

"Insipid"?

Oh please.

This constant CM2 thing doesn't help, but I wouldn't be excited about Bentancur in a midfield 3 either, he's not a dominating 6 and he's not a transitioning 8.

I'd swap him for Keita yesterday. Least he's got some fucking vim.

Keita 3 years ago was shite..... Easily knocked off the ball and off the pace of every game. (See prev. post)

This.

Whether it's Hobby or Bent that gets shifted (don't think there's too much between them at this point) we defo need an upgrade in there - Bissouma plz.

Then Skippy and one of them as back up is a very healthy 4.

343 will remain a big ask of whoever the CMs are......

Unless we score a mega-MF-er in the summer (Dembele, Kante level) then whatever lads we have in there will continue to struggle to assert themselves against a hard-pressing team.

( bus-conductor bus-conductor - Keita certainly would!)

For me it's actually Skipp (assuming he isn't permacrocked), and the new superstar midfielder (Bissouma/SMS). Skipp is capable of doing the dirty work for the new guy more than PEH is.

Benta maybe for games where we don't need Skipp's densive traits as much.

Back
Top Bottom