Ross Barkley

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

I am not sure we will ever see this happen now.
The guy is going to be injured until end of November, then there is no way Everton will give him a game. So by January he won't have kicked a ball in anger since May 2017 but is probably still going to want silly money.
I reckon we will move on.

There is every sign he was / is our number 1 target. Probably a long term replacement for either Dele or due to age and time at the club most likely Eriksen.

This whole coming down to London was probably just an excuse to meet up with Poch and Levy late last night.

I'd be amazed if we weren't back in for him next time around.

There is every sign he was / is our number 1 target. Probably a long term replacement for either Dele or due to age and time at the club most likely Eriksen.

This whole coming down to London was probably just an excuse to meet up with Poch and Levy late last night.

Eriksen is only 25 bro!

If Pochettino wants him and Barkley wants to work under Pochettino - then I've said it before, we should get him in.

It's a shame things didn't work out in the summer and in all honesty, if he hadn't got injured, he'd probably be a Spurs player right now.

The fact he binned off Chelsea is more reason to want him around.

Eriksen is only 25 bro!

Yep. And age 26/27 signals that one last big move when players can move on.

I don't think he would look out of place for Barca or Madrid.

Much rather he stayed with us but pretty sure I read an interview where he said if Barca were interested he would find it hard to turn down (or that any footballer would).

Everton and Koeman have mishandled this situation at WBA and Berahino levels of fuckwitery. Big Ron has called him out, slated him, given imaginary deadlines for signing a new deal and ultimately will have done themselves out of a fee. I get they now have a few quid via the Arseanal proxy owners but why not let hime move to us ? These guys have been sending all their young talent to Manchester, why be so petty now?

I can't see how they can blame us for unsettling the guy as his unrest and issues at the club predate our reported interest by a long way. I think Everton and Big Ron have made themselves look like dicks.
I happen to think Koeman is a dick and not really that good a manager.
He did the same at Southampton didn't he, called out players for wanting to leave, even went as far as saying they should be loyal and respect their contracts.
He then fucked of to Everton without seeing his out.
He's a mouthy cunt.

Really grinds my gears rant incoming.

That's ok though. He could have killed someone, or himself, but that's ok,
It's only drink driving.
If he'd have killed someone, caused a major accident that injured maimed or killed he would have probably not seen a jail and been playing like Alonso.
Not forgetting that it's a criminal offence in the first place.
Sorry your honour I was drunk. I didn't know what I was doing. I picked up the nearest thing and beat the bloke to death. Totally out of character.
Probation, community service, fine and carry on in your public job?
No way.
So why when you get pissed and drive is it dealt with leniency.
I despise it. Should get 1yr 1st offence. Do it again 5yrs mandatory.
Rooney and his ilk have no need to drink drive. If there are going out on the piss, hire a fucking chauffeur.

Led to believe that he came with the intention of us doing a late deal, but Everton refused to deal with us. I think he's more pissed off with them than they are with him.

Sounds like Barkley could have gone Chelsea but turned them down to go to us in Jan, lovely to see a player desperate to play for us or maybe Poch.

Sounds like Barkley could have gone Chelsea but turned them down to go to us in Jan, lovely to see a player desperate to play for us or maybe Poch.

Honestly that's all you can ask in a player. I'd much rather have someone like Barkley that wants to play for us than a player like Keita Balde who really wouldn't have understood what playing for Spurs is all about, even if we needed a player with all of his physical attributes

Really grinds my gears rant incoming.

That's ok though. He could have killed someone, or himself, but that's ok,
It's only drink driving.
If he'd have killed someone, caused a major accident that injured maimed or killed he would have probably not seen a jail and been playing like Alonso.
Not forgetting that it's a criminal offence in the first place.
Sorry your honour I was drunk. I didn't know what I was doing. I picked up the nearest thing and beat the bloke to death. Totally out of character.
Probation, community service, fine and carry on in your public job?
No way.
So why when you get pissed and drive is it dealt with leniency.
I despise it. Should get 1yr 1st offence. Do it again 5yrs mandatory.
Rooney and his ilk have no need to drink drive. If there are going out on the piss, hire a fucking chauffeur.

Drink drivers are scum! Especially ones that can easily afford to get a cab home or something. Drink driving should come with a prison sentence. Really clamp down on it as far as I'm concerned.

If you're immature enough to think it's right, you aren't mature enough to be behind the wheel. It really bothers me

Yep. And age 26/27 signals that one last big move when players can move on.

I don't think he would look out of place for Barca or Madrid.

Much rather he stayed with us but pretty sure I read an interview where he said if Barca were interested he would find it hard to turn down (or that any footballer would).

We are one or two players away from challenging on all fronts. Why would anyone want to leave?

A couple of game changers, ironically in Eriksens position and we'all be a challenge for anyone

Drink drivers are scum! Especially ones that can easily afford to get a cab home or something. Drink driving should come with a prison sentence. Really clamp down on it as far as I'm concerned.

If you're immature enough to think it's right, you aren't mature enough to be behind the wheel. It really bothers me

Wayne Rooney was taking woman office worker, 29, home in her VW Beetle when he was arrested for drink driving after 10-hour drinking session while pregnant wife Coleen was away

Turns out he was giving a "lift home" to a 29 year old doris after a 10 hour bender whilst colleen was at home carrying his child.....

Get out of that one wazza......

Never liked Rooney, not my kind of bloke. Much prefer a Ginola or Llorente type of king at my club than a Popeye wannabe thug.

Hopefully Colleen sees through it and bins him. She seems like a nice girl

Back
Top Bottom