Ryan Mason

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Can we really put this loss on Mason? We had Aston Villa wide open on multiple occasions. Can the manager be faulted for players fucking up? I doubt Son was told to constantly be offside. Or that the 2 meters tall dude in goal was asked to duck behind the wall so that he couldnt see the middle-of-the-goal free kick until it was halfway in. Some of the worst goalkeeping Ive seen on this level that.

I like Mason but I think the current state we're in, we can't have a rookie like Mason. I suspected but watching the game today confirmed it. I think we will need someone in the Ancelotti-bracket for age and experience.

Even Naglesmann would be a stretch. Our team isn't an untapped talent requiring guidance, we need major quad-bypass surgery.
Whoever does come in , this ain’t no quick fix . We have become a complete shambles and are going to have a few painful years ahead . It will take a very brave man to take on this challenge .

Even if things went OK we are looking at something like a three year plan to get us really competitive. Who is going to last that long when the fans get impatient and the problem of players not being interested in three plus years of a plan .Levy is going to have to really get lucky with the next appointment and the likelihood of that ? .

Even if things went OK we are looking at something like a three year plan to get us really competitive. Who is going to last that long when the fans get impatient and the problem of players not being interested in three plus years of a plan .Levy is going to have to really get lucky with the next appointment and the likelihood of that ? .
I dunno.

Villa were shite under Gerrard only a few months ago. Relegation contenders.

Conte's bullshit has ruined this season and we have had injuries to key players throughout.

If we had two decent centre backs, so we could play a back 4, imagine a diamond midfield 4 of either Skipp or Hojbjerg holding, Bissouma and Bentancur in the centre and Kulu at the top of the diamond behind Kane and Son.

The 3-4-3 system, the tactics, team selection and morale have all been decimated during the last 6 months. Joyless, boring football.

Not sure about the first two names really being good enough and the others we would need at near peak level plus our record of signing exactly what is needed is pretty poor . We are a long way from the consistency needed to hold our own again over a season against the top clubs .Obviously hope my pessimism is proven to be well wide of the mark .

It's Brendan Rodgers.
If it is, we're going to be waiting a very long time for any success

D2191-C82-C1-CC-4691-89-B9-92033-B846221.jpg

Mason shouldn't be judged on this little stint, the guy needs to manage and build a team for himself at a lower level, he's obviously not management material for us but maybe one day he will after he gains some experience and knowledge.

trouble is its Ryans mates
why start Skipp he has been poor for a few weeks have Sarr or MF3
why bring on Lucas with 20/30 mins 5mins would have been enough

He is just too close to his mates

I don't think that's the case at all mate.

Mason loves the club, when asked about Kane leaving at the end of the game he was unhappy and basically said the club will still be here in 40 years, with or without him.

I think he picks teams based on players who have a deeper connection to the club in hopes it will make them fight for the badge more.

I think that's the extent of it, it's foolish and naive but it's not for selfish reasons or to give his mates a run around.

None of what is happening is down to Mason, he's just another victim of poor planning at the football club.

exposed his lack of knowledge and understanding in the second half. how hes kept skipp and son on i dont know! it was clear skipp was hurting us in midfield and needed to be changed. hes taken off kulu instead of son?? wtf is that all about? the club feels very cliquey, its fucking cringe how weak players get soo many minutes! well i hope they are happy cos theyve got what they fucking deserve this year! mid table side! youve got one of the best strikers in the world up front and youre mid table??? just shows how fucking shit some of these stinkers are!

the lucas sub for sentiment is fucking weak 'spursy'. dont give a fuck if its his last game you play to win the game! not give minutes out to certain players when we are chasing a game to appease them.

One develops a bit of an appreciation for why Conte was setting out the team the way he was.

Meh.... Seen Conte ball play out the same and worse.

At least the first half was genuinely enjoyable.

(Back 4 with this squad was never an answer to anything though.)

This is bollocks.

Mason never played with Skipp or Lucas.

Back
Top Bottom