Ryan Sessegnon

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Crap player who had a half decent game against tiny little KWP. Returns to his usual shitness.

He had more than a 'half decent 'game against Southampton - by all means criticise him for yesterday, but don't try and 'do him down' just to suit your opinion/agenda, you balding little bag o balls.

Perisic should definitely start next game, though.

Last edited:
He is 22 and young going up against a very formidable defense and midfield. Stop slating players to make yourself feel better. Looks petty.
Stop this fucking nonsense. The same shit was trotted out time and again for fucking Dele Alli when he was shit after shit after fucking shit. This kid, like Dele, has been playing first team fucking football for years, since he was 16 FFS. That's 6 fucking years to learn to do a fucking job. He is what he will be and will not be getting much better. We've seen it, you've seen it, and we should all be able to admit it.

todd1882 todd1882

GIF by Team Coco

Perisic should definitely start next game, though.
So if RS is/was so great then why bench him against Wolves? If he was awesome (I'm assuming that was your 'factual' assessment) in the Soton game and he was only scared shitless because it was Chelsea - playing against a player his own age - then it makes sense to start RS so he can get back to his Maldini-esque best. I'm just trying to make sense of things so I put on my happy-clappy hat and downed some happy-clappy pills to better see things.

So if RS is/was so great then why bench him against Wolves? If he was awesome (I'm assuming that was your 'factual' assessment) in the Soton game and he was only scared shitless because it was Chelsea - playing against a player his own age - then it makes sense to start RS so he can get back to his Maldini-esque best. I'm just trying to make sense of things so I put on my happy-clappy hat and downed some happy-clappy pills to better see things.

Literally everything you just posted was wrong. Completely missing the point, and completely misreading basic English.

Let me break it down for you so even you can understand.

1. Ryan Sessegnon play good in match against Southampton - keep place.
2. Ryan Sessegnon play bad in match against Chelsea & Perisic play good.
3. Therefore, Perisic keep place, Ryan lose place.

You're welcome.

Feel free to beg my forgiveness, and I may grant it to you.

Literally everything you just posted was wrong. Completely missing the point, and completely misreading basic English.

Let me break it down for you so even you can understand.

1. Ryan Sessegnon play good in match against Southampton - keep place.
2. Ryan Sessegnon play bad in match against Chelsea & Perisic play good.
3. Therefore, Perisic keep place, Ryan lose place.

You're welcome.

Feel free to beg my forgiveness, and I may grant it to you.
So what you are saying is that you don't or shouldn't keep faith with a young player based on 1 game which clearly comes after a full preseason in which he 'earned' your trust to be the starter? Nice CG, that will do wonders for the confidence and espirit de corps. So no reason to knock out the champ in your world, huh? Just barely pip him at the post and take his place...in a game where everyone looked shit?

Is that enough for forgiveness?

So what you are saying is that you don't or shouldn't keep faith with a young player based on 1 game which clearly comes after a full preseason in which he 'earned' your trust to be the starter? Nice CG, that will do wonders for the confidence and espirit de corps. So no reason to knock out the champ in your world, huh? Just barely pip him at the post and take his place...in a game where everyone looked shit?

Is that enough for forgiveness?

I'm trying hard to think of how I can simplify my last post even further for you.

Struggling to dumb it down more though, if I'm honest!

I'll let you have a think about it x

I'm trying hard to think of how I can simplify my last post even further for you.

Struggling to dumb it down more though, if I'm honest!

I'll let you have a think about it x
Could you ELI5, please? I'm just having a hard time squaring the circle that is your defense of RS and clear love and appreciation for a player with your stated desire to see him benched at the slightest hiccup in his otherwise world class play.

Could you ELI5, please? I'm just having a hard time squaring the circle that is your defense of RS and clear love and appreciation for a player with your stated desire to see him benched at the slightest hiccup in his otherwise world class play.

Nope.

If you don't get it by now, you won't get it at all.

Sit tight Todd love, I'll be round soon with a lovely pack of crayons for us to share!

:dierpochhug:

Nope.

If you don't get it by now, you won't get it at all.

Sit tight Todd love, I'll be round soon with a lovely pack of crayons for us to share!

:dierpochhug:
Since they're from your collection I will assume that whomever purchased them for you got them in the non-toxic variety. We can share them with my paste.

What do you mean poor again?

He was very good against Southampton - fact, not opinion.

Poor yesterday though, for sure.
He scored a goal fact, a pretty simple enough header. That just about made his performance 'good' because his passing (particularly anything longer than 15 yards) and final ball were yet again very poor and he was up against KWP who he should know inside out and is one of few players physically he can get the better of.

If he was so good why was he the first off (again)? Sooner he's out of the side the better IMO, weak link.

Not just off yesterday, but now we have Perisic, Sess shouldn't be the starting LWB. It's really that simple.

Ivan will start against Wolves, his numbers were really good when he came on yesterday and vs. Southampton he looked a threat from his first run onwards.

We can't be sympathetic to average players like Sess if we want to be better.

I want to see the boy do well, but he's just a bit lacking in everything that will push us forward.

Udogie looks a class above Sess. So that will likely be game over for him.

Not just off yesterday, but now we have Perisic, Sess shouldn't be the starting LWB. It's really that simple.

Ivan will start against Wolves, his numbers were really good when he came on yesterday and vs. Southampton he looked a threat from his first run onwards.

I want to see the boy do well, but he's just a bit lacking in everything that will push us forward.

Sess hasn't been played through "sympathy".

Like Bissouma, Perisic is (was?) behind the others in terms of pre-season preparation & fitness (+ recovering from his injury at the end of last season) and in the meantime, it's been fair enough that Sess had been given a chance to fight for the shirt he'd been wearing.

Conte has even said IP's not back to being the player he knows yet.

Agreed. Sess is a perfect backup option in the end and he'll get plenty of starts with the busy spurs fixture calendar.

He scored a goal fact, a pretty simple enough header. That just about made his performance 'good' because his passing (particularly anything longer than 15 yards) and final ball were yet again very poor and he was up against KWP who he should know inside out and is one of few players physically he can get the better of.

If he was so good why was he the first off (again)? Sooner he's out of the side the better IMO, weak link.

Ah that's right, let's just slag him off when he plays well, AND slag him off when he plays poorly. That's ok then.

Don't quote me again ya chump.

I'd call you the weak link of this forum, but that would probably be unfair - there's at least 5 worse posters than you, so you get a pass!

Southampton were fucking dreadful and a lot of people were jumping the gun on a number of players because of that game. Sessegnon was among those players.

He’s fine as a HG squad option but I have very little doubt that Perisic, when fit & up to speed, takes his place in the XI.

Game by game analysis on players is so fcuking boring.

On Sessegnon opinion is divided. That's fine but do we always need to dissect his every game?

We have a squad. Those players must prove their worth at a massive club or they sit on the bench and eventually get squeezed out. Time will tell

Simples.

Back
Top Bottom