Ryan Sessegnon

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

We can play butterfly effect bingo all day long but I’d venture to guess Saka would have taken him on if he was tighter and since Sess is fucking shit, it’s probably 50/50 if he commits a foul or not.

I’m not saying you’re wrong, I think he could have been tighter, but it’s ultimately a monumental error from Lloris that led to their first.
As a former FB/WB who played at a decent enough level, I can assure you he's at fault. He never has a clue what's happening behind his back, cause he just never looks. Then he doesn't get near tight enough to Saka, he keeps the door open and Saka is clever enough to take the chance.

He's an awful footballer, with a terribly low football IQ. Whenever you look at him, he really does look totally clueless. And I've rarely seen a dog with so little fight in him, not to say none.

He's bad but the damning part is the price we paid and the fact that we've stuck with him for so many years.

A player this shit does not get to last 4 years at most other top clubs, never mind actually starting for them.

Easily the worst left back I’ve seen for Tottenham and I’ve seen some horrors. No heart,weak,can’t keep the ball,won’t pass forward and constantly injured. Pay the boy up and let him go play because he’s wasting his time at this level. He’s bottom end championship at best and I think that’s too much for him. This is the type of player that needs to be out of our club along with Dier,Hugo,Ndombele,Rodon,Spence and Tanganga. Time to move on from mediocrity.
Feel better after that?

I know you moaners are struggling at the minute...

It's Sessegnon who is not ready for the premiership. He should go back on loan to Fulham.

He already showed he is far too good for the Championship, he is not going to learn anything down there. He needs to stay with us and work with our players and staff every day. Not spend a year with Scott Parker as manager playing against cloggers that he already shat on 2 seasons ago. He needs to train with and play against players better than him if he is going to improve.

For 25m this is a steal, English with EPL experience just 19 years old, six year contract what's not to like. He has the potential to be our LB for a decade he's the new Cyril Knowles ....

He’s going to be a star for us. A great price for massive potential. He’s been my number one target for the last two years, and I’m over the moon that we got him. An immensely talented player.

I was disappointed he did not do enough attacking but at least he knows this and wants to improve.

'I was okay,” was Ryan’s honest assessment. “I’ve still got a lot to deliver to this team and step by step, with more games, fitness, I’ll get there. I just want to get forward and get more crosses into the box. In the last two games I haven’t put decent, threatening crosses in, so that’s something I’ll be working on for the next game.”

Very disappointed in what I 've seen from this lad so far. Just 'percentage' football with zero risk or attacking intent. Honestly, makes Davies look like Hazard at the moment as seems like a petrified academy player right now rather than a guy we coveted for ages, whose got experience, and spent a good chunk of change on

Early days and he's young, but it's not wrong to have expected to see a few glimpses by now. Thus far I've seen nothing to impress

Last edited:
I don't think his ceiling is much higher than a Davies level left back. I'd seriously consider selling him while his value is still high based purely on reputation. Clubs like Everton or Newcastle would splash out 15-20m on him.

2 goals and 2 assists in 8 starts in the Bundesliga this season.

Been involved in more goals than Sancho this season in the league. In less game and minutes.

Oh what a moment for Sess!! And what a sweet outcome for Hoffenheim as welll -

- last league game in this year ; in league there will be short pause until 02.01 ; brilliant emotion to go off to vacation (though there is DFB pokal game on 22th also)
- these 3 points really put some light between Hoffenheim and relegation zone - win raised them to be 5 points clear from releagation play-off spot

Hope the lad himself also can now marinate in the juices of self-belief and positive emotions.

Really happy that he has settled now in Bundesliga! Hope he goes from strenght to strenght.

Back
Top Bottom