Spurs v Liverpool 16 Dec 20:00

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

I'm of the opposite opinion.

I would love it if we played them off the park. There isn't a better fixture to do it. Liverpool away is the hardest in the list, nobody would argue with our style of play if we won, with a flourish.

1603090402_Angry-Graeme-Souness-disagrees-with-Jamie-Carragher-on-Jordan-Pickford-1024x538.jpg

Like everyone else, gutted.

We deserved a point at least but so it goes *football cliche incoming* that's football. It was a brilliant header, no one's to blame, sometimes things turn out this way. We were bound to lose at some point.

Fuck it, let's move on. It doesn't define the season any more than Chelsea and Leicester losing this midweek defines theirs.

YIDS

I'm not angry at Mourinho or the players tonight. It was a tough, hard-fought contest. I'll be angry if they forget what they've achieved on this run and start dropping points in the next "easier" run of fixtures.

Jesus wept, I can't believe the extent to which some are going to analyse this..

I know it hurts, that's obvious, but we went toe-to-toe with the other best team in the league, this was by far the best team we have faced. We lost in the last few minutes to a great headed goal and that's that. You must have seen similar before, with Spurs or in other games you've watched.

I was having a beer with a scouse mate before the game, he said he only hoped it wasn't decided by some bullshit VAR nonsence. It wasn't. The ref had a very good game. There was no controversy, they won, closely, but they won.

Like you teach your kids, you have to know how to lose.

Liverpool will lose other games, and draw yet more that they should have won. So will we. And so will Chelsea, Leicester, City, United and so on. Let's see how the chips fall in the spring

Last edited:
I’m effing FURIOUS. How many times have we lost the game or lost the lead in the last few minutes?
Have we never played this game before? Are we rank amateurs?
Bruh, we're 3 points off top and have gotten Liverpool away out of the way.

Why are people losing their shit liek we're Madrid or something???

Sort it out, people.

Kinell.

Admin Admin would you mind doing that thing again where you let people see the match thread even if they're ignoring the person who made the thread?
I've set an annoying precedent here.

For things like Player and Transfer threads, I don't mind changing the starter because they're around for months/years. For match threads, you'll just have to temporarily un-ignore the user. It's not really fair I keep changing the starter for any user you've made the decision to ignore. Sorry.

had a peak on Rawk...

the irony is hilarious talking about Kane diving! haha! Kane goes down easy sure but they'll defend Salah to the death for doing exactly the same thing! they claim we get favouralbe commentary!! LIVERPOOL fans saying we get favourable commentary with Macmanaman, Carragher, Souness, Beglin, Phil Tompson, Danny Murphy, Micky Quinn, Stephen Warnock et al all over the tv and radio talking up liverpool!

also the OBSESSION with Kane is borderline unhealthy, they have a visceral hatred for him. the reason why seems to be (a) he goes down easily (yet they worship Salah) and (b) he dared challenge Salah to the golden boot a couple of years ago (which salah won) they also seem to hate that he's England captain ahead of "Hendo" despite also seemingly hating England.

such a strange group; of course all the predictions are 3-0/4-0 Pool "Smashing us" "Putting us back in our place"

always love the "back in their place" once as if there's some rule that regardless of what's actually going on on the pitch certain teams "belong" at the top and are "entitled to expect to be at the top" cocky pricks.

Have a feeling in my gut we are going to beat them and use that champions league final loss as a platform to put in a fighting battling performance.

I think if we do beat them we aren't going to look back for the rest of the season, we will win the league if we win or draw this game imo because the mental boost it provides will be immense, it's one of those games that will signify a real turning point for our club, like the Man City game to get us into the CL under Redknapp.

Back
Top Bottom