Spurs vs Brighton

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

We just need to beat Brighton, in truth in any which way we can.

Pile the pressure on United by closing the gap to a single point, forcing Mourinho to play a strong team against Bournemouth and being on parity with Liverpool, points wise at least. Has to be numero uno aim.

Massive few days coming up.
nothing to add, this sums up where we are at the moment.

Gotta be hobest, I NEVER saw the Man Utd/W.B.A result coming... it SHOULD give us both the incentive to go all out for the win now and close the gap on THEM (rather than worrying about being caught by teams below us... let Utd worry about US catching THEM MAYBE!)

It also sends a note of caution NOT to take Brighton lightly... Man Utd clearly did agaibst West Brom yesterday... and look where it got them.

Treat Brighton with respect first... THEN we can beat them!
Hopefully Chrissy Hughton will also want only the best for his old club!!!
:llorishowudoin:

It is not about him doing rehab.
I think Poch is on this to be honest. I am happy to leave it to him.
The problem with what you posted in the Man City thread was that you came close to saying Kane didn't put in a shift.
Not that he was not sharp, or out of form, but he was not trying to contribute. That is going to annoy people.

I dont care about sensitive people who need to be spoken to in cotton wool.

I dont really care if hes out of form or just not running for a ball that he could well win if he tried...the outcome is the same, which is the City Cbs had a fucking field day against him.
And whatever one it is, my point still stands that he shouldnt be out there for the full game.

If he doesnt have it in him to out jump Kompany, why is he out there. It matters little whether he tried or not, he was wholly ineffectual

We have 6 or 7 games left, depending on how the semi final goes.
We want him match fit, not just not injured, for as many of those as possible.
He sure as hell won't score any sat on the bench, and he won't be dragging markers all over the pitch, or playing any through balls, or being a target man etc etc
Poor bugger eh, he's off form by his own standards so he faces the axe for it.
FFS, we used to play Mido and Docherty up front and they could barely hit double figures.
I wonder how many rickets Lloris has to make before people question his position in the team. Trouble is, when he does it, we generally ship a goal.
Perhaps we can make everyone happy and swap the pair of them round

With respect to some very decent posters, I think the notion of dropping Kane is ridiculous. We need him to get his match sharpness ASAP, he’s rested whilst injured and he simply has to play. Whether we like it or not, Kane is the only option.

How will he get any match sharpness when he doesn't try to get to the ball?

He can't exert himself - supremely evident in the City match - so he should be rested until he can actually press like the Kane we know can.

Vertonghen was the one who stepped up during the second half against City whilst Kane just let the whole game drift by.

He sure as hell won't score any sat on the bench, and he won't be dragging markers all over the pitch, or playing any through balls, or being a target man etc etc
Poor bugger eh, he's off form by his own standards so he faces the axe for it.
FFS, we used to play Mido and Docherty up front and they could barely hit double figures.
I wonder how many rickets Lloris has to make before people question his position in the team. Trouble is, when he does it, we generally ship a goal.
Perhaps we can make everyone happy and swap the pair of them round

It would be a laugh to mix the team up though. Like when you played at junior level and the coach wanted to play lads in different positions.

Kane at cb, stick Jan up front and lloris can have a run in midfield. Trippier in goal as he volunteered first.

Sissoko can go midfield, just to see if he can play there....

I dont really care if hes out of form or just not running for a ball that he could well win if he tried...the outcome is the same, which is the City Cbs had a fucking field day against him.
And whatever one it is, my point still stands that he shouldnt be out there for the full game.

If he doesnt have it in him to out jump Kompany, why is he out there. It matters little whether he tried or not, he was wholly ineffectual

You're all heart.

You're all heart.

SAF was hardly a sentimental big softy either......it didnt do Utd any harm.
Poch always talks about form will get you on the pitch, yet he doesnt count certain players in that, and I personally find that wrong.

People will hype out about it and start screaming "AGENDA!!!!!!!!!!" but at the end of the day I see it as a squad game. Being dropped doesnt mean what it meant in 1988. It simply means rotation, and going on the last game, Id happily play Moura and Son tomorrow, and start Kane in the semi.

Some find that wildy insane, its really not my problem.

If Kane doesnt start, does that make Poch a clueless cunt

:harrysmile:
uF9MjJo3QIaijySXC4iL_Confused%20Christian%20Bale.gif

No one will be dropped tomorrow. Some will be rotated which is a different matter and not just a nicer word. if someone does not play in a big game they could consider themselves dropped but not against Brighton if they play against MC & MU.

No one will be dropped tomorrow. Some will be rotated which is a different matter and not just a nicer word. if someone does not play in a big game they could consider themselves dropped but not against Brighton if they play against MC & MU.
I would feel bad if Vorm was ‘rotated’ into the squad tomorrow with a view to missing out on the FA Cup semi.

His ‘injury’ for the same game against Chelsea last year seemed rather conveniently timed with regards to squad selection - but that was more understandable at a time when Lloris hadn’t been on a run of clunkers in matches.

I would feel bad if Vorm was ‘rotated’ into the squad tomorrow with a view to missing out on the FA Cup semi.

His ‘injury’ for the same game against Chelsea last year seemed rather conveniently timed with regards to squad selection - but that was more understandable at a time when Lloris hadn’t been on a run of clunkers in matches.
A few months ago I was all for playing lloris in the F A Cup as he deserved opportunity to win a medal. However his recent mistakes and Vorm's solid performances have led me to reverse that view. Lloris should play all Premiership matches but Vorm should play Saturday. Unless he has a poor game, which in any case would probably see our elimination then it would be tough to drop him for the final if we got there.

I'll ask you again - how many games should Kane be given without scoring before being benched in your opinion. Or any striker for that matter

Back
Top Bottom