Spurs Youth 2020/21

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

I find it hard to believe Daniel would pay him 20k a week. It’s been obvious for a few years that he would never be a first team player for us. Only had championship loans.

CCV was awarded a 5 year contract (and the £20k pw) after a handful of first team games by Poch, but then strugled against the man mountain of Wycombe striker (as did Sanchez and Alderweirld recently) when paired with the inexperienced and not very good Wimmer......with that being CCV's last first team game.

Mistake to give such a large contract after so few first team games, although CCV did look good. Mistake not to recognise the Wycombe striker was someone that I suspect Poch would have struggled with in his prime, and I think Poch should have tried coaching CCV after that not sending him straight out on loan. And recognise a Wimmer/CCV partnership was always too lacking in experience. So a catalogue of mistakes

Oluwayemi,
Lavinier, Lyons-Foster, Omole, Markanday,
Bowden, Marsh,
Bennett, John, Devine,
Etete.
Subs : Kurylowicz, Muir, Robson, Mukendi.

Looks like Markanday is LB again, otherwise pretty much as expected given Scarlett's PL involvement. No Bennett which is a shame - injury again ? - and no Cirkin after bereavement and no Thorpe

Would have liked to see one or two more youngsters on bench though

HT in u23 game, 0-0 so far

AFAIK all these players' contracts expire this year.

Asante, Enock CF
Bennett, J’Neil W
Cooper, Chay AM
Etete, Kion Reece CF
Ferguson, Keenan
Kurylowic, Kacper GK
Lavinier, Marcel RB
Lyons-Foster, Brooklyn
Marsh, George Owen
Mukendi, Jeremie CF/RB
Oluwayemi, Joshua GK
Omole, Tobi LB,CB
Pedder, Rafferty CM
Richards, Rodel Kurai
Roles, Jack
Sterling, Kazaiah
Thorpe, Elliot CAM
Tracey, Shilow

AFAIK all these players' contracts expire this year.

Asante, Enock CF
Bennett, J’Neil W
Cooper, Chay AM
Etete, Kion Reece CF
Ferguson, Keenan
Kurylowic, Kacper GK
Lavinier, Marcel RB
Lyons-Foster, Brooklyn
Marsh, George Owen
Mukendi, Jeremie CF/RB
Oluwayemi, Joshua GK
Omole, Tobi LB,CB
Pedder, Rafferty CM
Richards, Rodel Kurai
Roles, Jack
Sterling, Kazaiah
Thorpe, Elliot CAM
Tracey, Shilow

I imagine we will try to move on maybe about 15 from u23's and 2nd year academy jointly when contracts come up for renewal/end on 30 June 2021 - with maybe half a dozen from 2nd year academy, a few currently on loan and maybe half a dozen u23's who rarely play.

I think the picture may be clearer on a few players by say April, but decision probably taken on most already - eg my guess is the following players are very probably on the exit list :

Asante - not seen since pre-season
Cooper - loan to Southend u23's
Pedder - rarely seen in u23's
Sterling - not done well on loans, probably retained due to rare and bad injury at Sunderland
Tracey - Doubt he will make it at Spurs
Marsh - Did well on loan to Orient and not bad at basic DM role, but doubt he will make it at Spurs
Skinner (not on your list)
Carrington-Alberdi (Not on your list)

Half surprised we didn't hear of a contract extension for Lavenier when he was included in EL squad.

Looking at the Academy Year 2 scholars :

Contracts already announced for one or more years :
Solberg (GK), Muir, Paskotsi (when signed), John, Robson - not announced but regular GK Lo'Totula (total 6).

So these players are an unknown atm as to whether they will be offered a pro contract :
Lusala (fantastic last season), Cesay (plays frequently), Kyezu, Craig twins (a few injuries), Mundle, Alonso, Carrington, Whittaker (total 9).

So I'd expect the 6 with contracts, Lusala, Cesay and maybe 2 or 3 others will go to u23's with a pro contract but maybe 4 or 5 of the others will be released.

Spurs have just sent me an email inviting me to win a place at the Junior Fan Forum. As it's over 50 years since I was eligible to be a junior member, should I enter the competition and, if I win a place, how should I disguise myself as a young boy?

Back
Top Bottom