Summer 2017 transfer window or, waiting for Godot

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Status
Not open for further replies.
I think the way we react is pivotal to us going forward as a club.

We can cave and sell him to Chelsea or United which then shows every other player that they have the power to do whatever they want. We'll also be strengthening another rival while significantly weakening our team.

Or we can make the snake train with the reserves all season - he's OUR player under OUR contract so will have to accept it. Sure we've still lost him but at least we haven't strengthened another rival. Plus it's a World Cup year and it'll probably mean he misses out. That will then show players that the Club ultimately make the decisions so don't fuck Levy!

PS. If he went to Chelsea I'd class him as a bigger judas c**t than the original judas c**t!

I really hope we get some kind of statement on this. The worst thing the club could do is brush this under the carpet.

We've been incredibly patient this summer, we've bought our season tickets, we've backed the decision to sell walker but now we deserve to know the plan.

I am fully behind Levy and Poch and I will back whatever decision they make, but if Rose is to be sold, we need to know what plans we have in place to make up for us selling two of our top players because we couldn't pay them what they want.

We'll put a statement out I have no doubt in that

It's weird that Poch's 'son' has become a bit big-time charley. So much for the philosophy eh, junior? Our foreign contingent seem more invested in the club than two of our lonbgest-serving players.

Must say that i'm having a mini-melt over this. Very disappointing.

I will back any decision the club makes in selling our best players and prudent transfer policy. It's mad to sign players that you have heard of , it would unbalance the first 11 even If Poch wants signings he should realise he ain't going to get them
If the fuckers don't want to play for us so what. Let's play the youth , they will play for the shirt and there wages are low. Winks will step up and our French forgotten their names wingers will storm us to top 6 . That 3rd choice keeper will keep the melts happy.
Upwards and sort of onwards.
COYS

I hope so.

I hope we sign 3 top class players, sell rose and win more than him at the end of the season. That would be a statement.

Finishing 2nd, finally finishing above the goons, winning the respect of fans, pundits and others in the footballing community, only to end up not buying players and having both of your full backs pull the stunts they have has to go down as one of the most Spursy of things in recent time. Oh to be a Spurs fan (I still believe though)

Rose's outburst could actually be manna from Heaven right now. Seven months out with a knee injury? He probably has lost a bit of pace, maybe lost a bit of commitment to a tackle, and perhaps will be prone to knee and hip injuries. £55million and Fosu-Mensa (even if we have to wait for his loan to finish) and it's a deal Jose.

Haha.....not players you have to google.

I'm sure the hundreds of millions of fans of La Liga, Bundesliga and Serie A all know exactly who you are too Danny.

What a fuckwit.

How to belittle your team mates for your own gain. The pathetic little praise of Trippier after he just said that Walker was better is just cringeworthy.

"I will play up North"

Fuck off then you lying cunt, you said you were practically a Southerner two months ago
Play up North is now the code for one big contract as I see the end of my career approaching.
If we enforce the contract he signed recently he will be 31 by the time it expires.

Rose's outburst could actually be manna from Heaven right now. Seven months out with a knee injury? He probably has lost a bit of pace, maybe lost a bit of commitment to a tackle, and perhaps will be prone to knee and hip injuries. £55million and Fosu-Mensa (even if we have to wait for his loan to finish) and it's a deal Jose.
Fosu-Mensa went to Palace a week ago

From another Spurs forum:
"Here's some reliable news - If we buy anyone, it'll be in the final 5 days of the window. It probably wont excite you, it wont be expensive, and it wont be Gareth Bale. Rose will have f##ked off, and Levy will rely on academy for back up"

From another Spurs forum:
"Here's some reliable news - If we buy anyone, it'll be in the final 5 days of the window. It probably wont excite you, it wont be expensive, and it wont be Gareth Bale. Rose will have f##ked off, and Levy will rely on academy for back up"
5 days? 5 hours as per standard Levy SOP

:pochrolleyes:

You want us to include a player who is on loan at another club for a season and may turn to shit or have a career-ending injury? Ok, mate

May have an injury nightmare, granted. But I seriously doubt he'll turn to shit with FDB as his mentor.

If anything, he'll improve.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom