Summer 2018 transfer window

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Christ alive. Sammy, JT, and Arcy in the bin all at the same time...SINBINAGEDDON!!

FewPlumpIslandcanary-size_restricted.gif

So... We can actually talk transfer rumors now?

Yarq.gif

Just amusing myself by perusing the Villa forum thread on Grealish again.

Apparently we are envious of them because of their history and because they won a couple of trophies in the 90s.

I suppose it's a bit like being envious of someone with syphilis because it means they must have had Sex once.

Fuck me, I better add them to this mythical and ever expanding list of 'rivals'.

Last edited:
Sorry completely off topic but this gif made me think of the time that Stacy Keibler "auditioned" to be Vince McMahon's secretary :dembelelol::dembelelol:. His cartoon-like expressions culminating in him falling off his chair were golden!

Hope it isn't just me who remembers this....:llorisunsure:

Spurs waiting for signings.

5VsQlH9.gif

Spurs finally making a break through with Grealish.

tenor.gif

Grealish gets an assist for Villa whilst Spurs fans watch.

tenor.gif

Grealish gets subbed off in what looks like a goodbye.

6zdseqS.gif

Grealish to have medical with London club within 24 hours.

hd7rC6V.gif

Grealish signs for Chelsea.

b6fyd3w.gif

It’s absolutely correct - Pochettino is the new Keegan; a nearly man, loveable loser, adored by the fans. He had better squads than the Leicester and Chelsea title winners in 2016 and 2017, has a shitload of players from the final 4 of the World Cup, perennial Golden Boot winner and a first 11 that’s ‘worth’ circa £500m minimum.

He’s great for English football because he integrates young lions, but that’s all he is; a glorified youth coach. Most of the players he inherited/bought had elite trajectories and potential.

Tottenham under Levy has been a fantastic club for developing talent, pre-Pochettino; Bale arrived as a fucking socially awkward leftback, left a Golactico and scored an overhead kick in a European Cup final a few months ago, while Modric just got Man Of The Match in the World Cup final.

Seemingly nobody wants to acknowledge it, but Pochettino has one of the most desirable jobs, and squads, in English football, and in terms of productivity is underachieving.

What’s he done better than Redknapp? He took the job in the post-nuclear, post-Ferguson Premier League where pikey Leicester could win it. Harry was up against a United team that got to European Cup finals 3 times in 4 seasons, Woolwich hadn’t fallen so far from grace with Van Persie, Nasri, Fabregas etc still doing bits for them; Chelsea had a team that was annually in the latter stages of the Champions League and winning titles regularly with Lampard, Terry, Cech, Drogba, City started acquiring world class players....how many of Redknapp’s first 11 would get into this one? Bale, Modric and King, possibly VDV. Relatively, Harry achieved more.

Antonio Conte just got sacked for winning the League and FA Cup in two seasons amid civil chaos and chronic squad imbalance - given the keys to this castle, he could create the dynasty this club deserves.

Wow what an absolute slap in the face to a guy thats led us to our highest league finish in over 50 years, turned us into a team that was finishing 6th with just under 70 points into a team that is able finish 2nd with 86 points. He's consistently got us as finishing in the top 3 (Redknapp didn't) when most pundits and professionals had us down as the 5th or 6th best team in the country.

He took over a squad with the likes of Naughton, Townsend, Friedel & Holtby in it and gave us players like Alli, Alderweireld, Sanchez, Trippier, Davies, Dier & Son instead (7 starters that cost less than £100m and are collectively worth closer to £350m now. How many Conte signings at Chelsea have increased with any kind of value, let alone with that kind of margin?), not to mention the impact he had on Kane's career (he hadn't even been part of a dozen games for us when Mauricio took over back in 2014)

Without him we'd have probably lost Lloris, Vertonghen & Eriksen as well seeing as all 3 were unhappy with how things had gone under Villas-Boas & Sherwood!

The best thing about him is he's still so young, stilll growing his knowledge and still building his understanding of the game as a manager tactically, emotionally and mentally. I'mAbsolutely astonished that you think Pochettino is underperforming, he's one of the best things to ever happen to us and he hasn't even got started with his career as a manager yet. We're definitely in a better place than we were before him so back the man, appreciate what he's done to give us a team that is now respected and recognised as one on the up after decades of underperforming and stop being so negative and shortsighted about everything going on around our football club at the moment, it gives the rest of us a bad name!

He and Levy are building us a brand new football club, whilst being able to stay in touch with our N17 roots. One that's globally recognised as one of the best around after falling lightyears behind the rest. Everyone's in such a rush for glory, you have to give them time.

Last edited:
Moose in an interview with HLN Sport

"I won't say that I'm leaving Spurs right now or that I'm staying. I won't join another English club. Tottenham is my team"

:dierpochhug:

You know what. Fuck all this bullshit. Football is meant to be enjoyed.

The World Cup is over and the media are back on us like a rash. Bottlers with weak mentality. Kane is back to being a tap in merchant. Every other club is winning the transfer window.

Consequently the flapping and cunt offs are stepping up a notch on here, you can feel it in the air.

We'll probably sign some players this window, but probably not enough or the "right ones" to make a certain type of supporter happy.

But i really don't care.

If we fail to make a single signing - i don't care. If we sign all the players in the whole fucking world i honestly don't care. If we sign a complete unknown who becomes the next Gareth Bale in his fourth season at the club.... or a big money striker who turns out to be worse than Soldado - i don't care.

I will enjoy supporting Tottenham, i will enjoy watching every game and as many in person as i can. I will watch us score some amazing goals and play some beautiful football and i will probably be disappointed at times. We may win a cup and i will be happy, we may win more than a cup and i will be even more happy. But if we dont i will feel the same about Spurs as i always have.

What i won't do is bitch and moan and whine and gripe and argue and melt on here over and over again to complete strangers on the internet when we have very little idea what is actually going on behind the scenes and ULTIMATELY it has absolutely zero bearing on how the club is run anyway.

But whatever makes you happy.

Last edited:
Hendo, Ox , Lallana and new CF as squad players whilst their first team looks like this

------------------new GK
TAA-----new CB----VVD-----Robertson

------------Fabinho----Keita
-----------------Fekir

Salah----------Firmino----------Mane

That would be the only team in PL capable to go toe to toe with City.

Go buy a Liverpool shirt and fuck off then

Back
Top Bottom