Summer 2018 transfer window

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

I see people are busily scampering to rewrite their position on De Ligt.

I never wanted to sign De Ligt. I always wanted to play Foyth. I never hoped Toby would stay. I have always thought Johnny Evans could do a job for us.

We were never at war with Eurasia. We have always been at war with Eastasia

You won't get half the funny reps you deserve for that post. I'm not even convinced most the members here can read let alone read anything more challenging than a cunt off on the Lamlea thread.

But the other 19 clubs could.
Look, unless he comes straight out and calls his boss a tight fisted, profiteering, foot dragging, barrel scraping poisenous little shit-bag your'e never gonna accept he shows any frustration with his paymasters approach to the transfer window, so on this particular issue I'll allow you to feel the winner. It's a debate you'll never lose.
Just to say you know damn well there were scores of people on here last summer claiming we didnt need new signings and that Pochettino was clearly happy with the squad, when it's now become crystal clear that he wasn't.
The other 19 clubs didn't have transfer trouble? Are you for real?

There was only one poster that outrightly claimed we didn't need new signings.

Crystal clear? Poch says absolutely nowhere that he was unhappy with the squad. You've completely made that up.

I am happy with our squad - Pochettino denies Malcom rumours

Pochettino happy with squad ahead of January transfer window

Positive Pochettino happy with squad

Tottenham Hotspur boss Mauricio Pochettino is happy with his squad, and he is in no hurry to sign new players - Footballinall.com

Why must you lie to make your point?

Now...do we take your reading in between the lines or do we take our manager at his actual words?

Or are you saying you know Poch better than Poch himself?

Bill Madrid said:
I see people are busily scampering to rewrite their position on De Ligt.

I never wanted to sign De Ligt. I always wanted to play Foyth. I never hoped Toby would stay. I have always thought Johnny Evans could do a job for us.

We were never at war with Eurasia. We have always been at war with Eastasia

You won't get half the funny reps you deserve for that post. I'm not even convinced most the members here can read let alone read anything more challenging than a cunt off on the Lamlea thread.

TBH, I thought he was cunting these guys off:

man_3015085b.jpg

I was about to flip into full-on flame mode......

There was only one poster that outrightly claimed we didn't need new signings.

Crystal clear? Poch says absolutely nowhere that he was unhappy with the squad. You've completely made that up.

I am happy with our squad - Pochettino denies Malcom rumours

Pochettino happy with squad ahead of January transfer window

Positive Pochettino happy with squad

Yahoo is now part of Oath

Tottenham Hotspur boss Mauricio Pochettino is happy with his squad, and he is in no hurry to sign new players - Footballinall.com

Why must you lie to make your point?

Now...do we take your reading in between the lines or do we take our manager at his actual words?

Or are you saying you know Poch better than Poch himself?
Like I said above, I'll let you claim the victory.
Poch didn't want new signings last summer because he was happy with his squad.
Poch is never frustrated with the way we conduct our transfer business.
He hasn't said we need to change our approach to identify our targets and conclude our business early.
Everything has always been sweet between Levy and Poch.

Let me spell it out for you.
You WIN . I LOSE

Yea- was wondering if that was aimed at me since I posted up the page about Evans/Foyth/etc, but who really wants to start a cunt-off over a passing remark not even aimed at anyone in particular? In any case, I posted about platooning Evans/Foyth as an alternative to DeLigt a few weeks ago- we could cite posts and fight and stuff but would it be worth the time? Plus, is revising your thinking about CB depth really worthy of a comparison to 1984? Seems a little dramatic to me.

I feel like we’re edging closer to the first big cunt off.

I’m perfectly fine with not splashing 50 mil on an 18 year old (de Ligt but applies to sess as well). Change my mind

They are spending the Marez money early..

Are they really gonna lineup Maddison out wide? In a 2 man CM he'll get roasted in the prem.
Slimani is too good to just sit on the bench and Vardy can't be left out. Kinda makes it tough to fit Maddison in behind that. Maddison seems like a bit of a luxury for them- I'm not sure he looks like a prem-level wide player.
IDK- could be misunderstanding their intentions with him.

Yea- was wondering if that was aimed at me since I posted up the page about Evans/Foyth/etc, but who really wants to start a cunt-off over a passing remark not even aimed at anyone in particular? In any case, I posted about platooning Evans/Foyth as an alternative to DeLigt a few weeks ago- we could cite posts and fight and stuff but would it be worth the time? Plus, is revising your thinking about CB depth really worthy of a comparison to 1984? Seems a little dramatic to me.

I don't imagine it was aimed at anyone in particular. It's a human reaction, captured by Orwell and applied a bit differently, but also visible in all walks of life, and certainly on this forum. In fact, the observation made about fan views of potential transfers targets, or even our own players, changing depending on how it works out is common here - and no doubt on every other fan forum no matter the team - every transfer window. It's quite funny really, but we're all guilty of it probably.

I actually forgot all about Sessegnon. It's almost like he's not actually done anything all that impressive yet....

Funny... I noted to myself earlier he seemed to be miraculously disappearing from peoples 'want lists'...

Lasting impression, huh?

Like I said above, I'll let you claim the victory.
Poch didn't want new signings last summer because he was happy with his squad.
Poch is never frustrated with the way we conduct our transfer business.
He hasn't said we need to change our approach to identify our targets and conclude our business early.
Everything has always been sweet between Levy and Poch.

Let me spell it out for you.
You WIN . I LOSE
You said it was crystal clear Pochettino was unhappy with his squad come the end of the transfer window.

Poch said, In January with the exact same squad, and I quote "I am happy with our squad.''

You can play that sarcastic personal victory bullshit to deflect from the fact I have presented you Poch's unequivocal opinion of his squad. His own words. Whilst you, have acted like his interpreter. Telling us all what Poch really means.

Also, I call further bullshit. Poch never showed frustration about our approach to identifying targets. He said he would rather see it done earlier.

You're just following one lie with another.

You realise that we are powerless to force Toby to move abroad, right? We can reject the bid from united all year long. All that means is that we will be stuck with an unhappy player, who the manager most likely won't utilise for a year before we sell him to united with no negotiations next year for less than half the money we'd get for him this year.

I understand that it's not your money. And I understand that you hate the thought of selling to a rival. But if selling Toby to United funds the signing of his replacement and we tell United to fuck off just to please small minded fans who are incapable of seeing the bigger picture, then we will never ever succeed as a team. Holding Toby against his will doesn't do us any favours. It doesn't make us look like a big team. It definitely doesn't guarantee us a great season next year and the end result will be Toby playing for United in the end anyway.
So you are saying we should have sold Bale to Manutd and Modric to Chelsea if the highest bid was theirs instead of Real Madrid? That would have made both of them so much better. Lets make it that much more difficult to finish above them. Great choice.

You said it was crystal clear Pochettino was unhappy with his squad come the end of the transfer window.
I said Pochettino was not happy with his squad as the transfer window was in progress, while many on here claimed he was and we didn't need any new signings. Your telling fibs.
But you Win, I lose. SchmoodSpur SchmoodSpur is always right.

I don't imagine it was aimed at anyone in particular. It's a human reaction, captured by Orwell and applied a bit differently, but also visible in all walks of life, and certainly on this forum. In fact, the observation made about fan views of potential transfers targets, or even our own players, changing depending on how it works out is common here - and no doubt on every other fan forum no matter the team - every transfer window. It's quite funny really, but we're all guilty of it probably.

I partly concur to what you're saying, but on the flipside; those that are so entrenched in the verdict of their own precious 'scout-dom' that they continually batter a player no matter what or similarly garrote a player with their pricetag every fucking day of their tenure....... Boy, do they suck!

Back
Top Bottom