Summer 2018 transfer window

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Honestly, he'll injure himself regardless before too long. Interesting to see how our players react to him if he does go - regardless of what we've said about Walker on here, the players seem to have maintained a decent relationship with him and are pally when they meet.

Oh I know it won’t happen at all. Maybe Lamela cause he is a right competitive bastard. But the players I’m sure know all about the contract and everything and they were all palling around at the World Cup so I can’t imagine they will be overtly aggressive.

I didn't expect us to sign anyone to replace Dembele. Because not a single player (we can afford) can replace him like for like.

Got no issues with Cook. Ridiculous potential.

What about the fact that we had three kids who all do what he does, excelling in the game on Wednesday? Cook was Onomah's piss boy at the U20 WC. Really don't think he's anything special, and we could easily fill his "busy cunt" remit from within, without wasting another 30m plus 5m a year wages.

Last edited:
What about the fact that we had three kids who all do what he does, excelling in the game on Wednesday? Cook was Onomah's piss boy at the U20 WC. Really don't think he's anything special, and we could easily fill his remit from within, without wasting another 30m plus 5m a year wages.

I know what you mean. Doesn't all that uncertainty make 50m for Kovacic feel a whole lot safer of a spend by comparison?

I sometimes go to the store and buy the cheaper toilet paper. In my mind I've "saved some money" by doing so.
But you know what? Cheap toilet paper is shit at doing its job, and in the end, I would have been a lot better off just paying a bit more to start.

I know what you mean. Doesn't all that uncertainty make 50m for Kovacic feel a whole lot safer of a spend by comparison?

I sometimes go to the store and buy the cheaper toilet paper. In my mind I've "saved some money" by doing so.
But you know what? Cheap toilet paper is shit at doing its job, and in the end, I would have been a lot better off just paying a bit more to start.
You NEVER buy the cheap toilet paper. Dafuq is wrong with you?

What part? Dembele not being as good over the course of the season as he was in 15/16? Or the part where Rose couldn't get through Davies (who bettered Roses greatest ever season as a professional)?

Feel free to explain how Rose, who was fit enough for the bench from November onwards could get in our team and how Dembele had a much better season last year.
You said that they are past their best. Completely disagree with your opinion.
Personally feel that Rose should play instead of Davies from the start of the season. Has more to offer going forward (don’t bother with stats, I believe from a playing style perspective).
In terms of Dembele, half this forum have wrote him off, which is wrong. I believe has a lot more to offer. He is an absolute ledge as well.
Opening it up here as well but would to know how many of you have actually played, or been involved in football at any level for you to throw your mouths about.
Fishing...

You said that they are past their best. Completely disagree with your opinion.
Personally feel that Rose should play instead of Davies from the start of the season. Has more to offer going forward (don’t bother with stats, I believe from a playing style perspective).
In terms of Dembele, half this forum have wrote him off, which is wrong. I believe has a lot more to offer. He is an absolute ledge as well.
Opening it up here as well but would to know how many of you have actually played, or been involved in football at any level for you to throw your mouths about.
Fishing...

Did you actually watch any Spurs games last season? Davies was consistently excellent for us all season and Rose was a total liability. I fail to see what Rose offers going forward over Davies at all. Rose continued that poor form for England where he started two games and was at fault for a goal in both games. Add to the fact that Rose hasn't even returned for pre-season yet makes your point laughable.

I'm not against keeping Rose but he's clearly a no.2 now, mainly due to the fact that Davies has proven himself last season and the last half of the season before that. But also because Rose has acted like a prick and doesn't seem to want to invest in what we're doing here anymore. Imagine making a ridiculous statement like Rose should start the first game of the season and then try to question other people's opinion.

Fake news.

Last season: Played for both England & Spurs - Looks nothing like his former self.
Season before: Injured for 2nd half of season. Davies came in... Made #1 his own.

Wrong.
Did you actually watch any Spurs games last season? Davies was consistently excellent for us all season and Rose was a total liability. I fail to see what Rose offers going forward over Davies at all. Rose continued that poor form for England where he started two games and was at fault for a goal in both games. Add to the fact that Rose hasn't even returned for pre-season yet makes your point laughable.

I'm not against keeping Rose but he's clearly a no.2 now, mainly due to the fact that Davies has proven himself last season and the last half of the season before that. But also because Rose has acted like a prick and doesn't seem to want to invest in what we're doing here anymore. Imagine making a ridiculous statement like Rose should start the first game of the season and then try to question other people's opinion.[/QUOT

Was Rose a total liability?
You joking about about what Rose offers over Davies?
Rose can get past players and Davies looks for the ball in behind players which Rose can do as well.
Pull me on Rose not returning yet, well done, I think Rose is a better full back for us.
Rose acting like a prick......quality, massively agree with you and you’re obvious understanding of everything.

Chelsea and Spurs refuse to deal with each other. There is boardroom hate of an intense nature so i’ve heard.
Pretty sure that would relax if Abramovich pulled the plug and called in his loans!
They would have to deal with all to survive!

Last edited:

I'm not against keeping Rose but he's clearly a no.2 now, mainly due to the fact that Davies has proven himself last season and the last half of the season before that. But also because Rose has acted like a prick and doesn't seem to want to invest in what we're doing here anymore. Imagine making a ridiculous statement like Rose should start the first game of the season and then try to question other people's opinion.

Some people seem to think Rose is the same Rose from the 2015/2016 season. He has been an injured mess, shitty attitude, no commitment, and just a straight up underperforming liability since then. Davies has consistently been the better performer for two seasons now but they seem to not want to believe any of that.

You'd only go to Utd at the moment for financial reasons. It's a stale club, out dated manager who probably won't last the season, out dated stadium, boring football. De Gea and Sanchez are only there because they're being obscenely overpaid. Alderweireld's shown himself to be a questionable character. I think you could understand a player pushing for a move to City, great vibe there at the moment with Guardiola, on upward trajectory, but Utd are a festering and decaying cash cow who every charlatan from Mourinho to the Glazers sucks money out of.
Could not have put it better myself

38262441_1059206960904641_1654024818023989248_n.jpg

I think we have a revolutionary new strategy.

It won’t be noticed by the masses for another two years, but here’s how it works.
If a club doesn’t sign anyone in January, then it means nothing. But it’s a big issue if not activity occurs in the summer.

However, if January signings are not panic buys, and are instead planned purchases with a view to first team expectations after the summer then surely that would be better than buying at all in the summer. Simply make planned, well considered additions in January. Save the summer for replacements only in the event of an important player departure.

Lucas Moura is the perfect example of this. He is having a wonderful pre season and looks like a £100m player.

No other club is taking the Moura approach. Given that Poch likes to give youth a chance and that Winks will be back with other starlets waiting in the wings, there’s no point in buying a centre mid. Poch is bold. He is trusting youth in that area.

Toby hasn’t gone, and he might not go. Time will tell.

Kane needs a back up, something more potent than Llorente. But this kind of player is extremely difficult to find and attract. You essentially looking for a player good enough to be first choice in nine out of ten top flight clubs, and then you want him to play second fiddle.

Long live the Moura approach. I hope we sign nocunt, not even Super John McGinn who has decided to go global this year and fuck up ever obscure opponent the marauding Hibees get drawn against. Wonders never cease.

Not wishing to write out of turn but things do not seem completely tickerty boo at Spurs do they ?
Despite the infrastructure put in place, youth players either want out and are legging it to Germany like a facist in 39 or they are simply not hitting the mark and are ending up in the lower leagues, like they always did when we were training near the council tip in Chigwell......

And despite consistently being in the Champions League some of our “big” name stars continue to flash their Alan Wickers @ Manchester and other such flash places in the hope of a better tomorrow. Seems they are oblivious to the glory offered by our NFL branded Soccer stadium / sky walk / cheese bar / brewery / Death Star.

Despite investment.

Walker walked.

“Rose” proved himself a bramble bush

& Toby has shown the same level of loyalty and class as Amanda Holden did to Les Dennis...

Add to the internal problems with the reality that players like Zaha opt to stay at Palace despite our bonus scheme being Redknapp levels of tasty :harryhmm:

Ungrateful bastards the lot of them. Has to be said.

But then also it’s a money game and our club seems hell bent on copying the Gooner business model of short arms / deep pockets and Austerity ( self imposed Austerity or self created due to poor project management )

The balance is still in ENIC’s favour, And while we are top 4 they will get a bit of a pass but questions at some point will need to be asked of this chap :levystare:and what his next 5 year plan is. We finished one cycle so what’s next ?

553,000,000 have died in the past 10 years while his stadium project has been on going. At this rate another 553,000,000 will peg it before we can buy a player on market rate wages. I joke but there is a lot of cake tomorrow with ENIC and the cake is ready in September, so we assume.

The direction post stadium move can’t be the same as it was pre stadium move. And that someone has spent £800 million on a £400 million project, while micro managing the CCTV in the club car park ( true story that ) while he should be running a football club are points to look at and question.

Anyway, buy a decent CM and I can recover my sanity. :parker: :klinsmann:
Les Dennis lol

Coutinho, Marlon, Arthur, Mina, Vidal.
That's two over their non-EU limit, and they're hoping to push through Coutinho's Portuguese passport before the end of the window.

Quite possible that United just buy Mina and not deal with us with Alderweireld and Martial.
Think the Willian swap deal is just paper talk.

Back
Top Bottom