Summer 2022 Transfer Thread.

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Well this is quite awkward isn't it...

So I guess that blows your patronising little argument about not rating Richarlison pre links out of the water, I've always been a fan of Richarlison, even if you don't see his quality which I won't argue with as that's your opinion however you seem downplaying the links just because you don't like him as a player which is laughable.

And context matters in this instance by the way, I'm sure there is lots of strikers that we can take a gamble on across Europe and purchase them for less but unless you can think of any other realistic signing that would be good enough to play across the front 3 and be happy at not being a certified starter...I think it's a good time for you to maybe put some alternatives on the table seeing as you're hellbent on not wanting Rich.

Jesus was my 2nd choice I liked by the way but he seemingly is probably tired of being in rotation and wants to be the main man at Woolwich which is fair, other than that some players had crossed my mind but they play in 1 position whilst Richarlison can cover all 3.
Salah has a year left. I would gladly spunk £75 on him than even £50 on Richarlison.

You want a statement signing that puts us instantly in the Title race? Kane , Son and Salah with Kulu as backup or as the tip of a mid 3?

Unrealistic? Wages may be an issue, Pool may not deal with us but not out of the realm of possibility.

might be our only chance to get this soort of player yes slightly overpriced but it wouldnt feel great seeing him play well for a liverpool or city down the line either

and wonder what could of been
Why is this year our only chance ? He’s not even up for sale

And if he does come on the market then if he’s the best young defender in the world others will want him

This year. Next year no different. He’s hardly a secret

Again I ask you. If Richarlison had never been linked to Spurs, would you be on here saying we should spunk £50-60m on him?

Have I said we "should"?

Would he even be in a single post?

Some people had suggested him before the window opened, yes.

Would Liverpool or City want him?

Chelsea are apparently interested.... Finished above us last season and in modern terms considered a bigger club.

Woolwich might because he terrorized their shit defence but ask Romero if he wants him at Spurs.

Conte is the manager; not Romero.

So, now I've answered all your questions.

Your turn:

"List us some proven "much better" players [than Richarlison] that can play both CF & WF and are available for 50m or less....."

...You said it would be easy.

Where does this "attitude" perception come from? Just because you say something enough times doesn't make it true. Everton fans have come on here and stated he's an emotional willing to die for the cause kind of player.

I had that perception of him (not a team player etc.), but when I hear what the Everton fans say about him I tend to assume I was wrong.

(Oppo fans normally shit-talk their outgoing players in these situations.)

Last edited:
I guess one cannot have a bad game.

Let’s agree to disagree. I watched him a lot, I do rate him. Spurs won’t pay 100M for him maybe 70-80M€ max. I hope.

Spurs fans want club to spend money, but just in region of 50M on one player. It’s hilarious in today’s market. And they want titles🤦‍♂️
The issue is not the amount of money on one player; but we have a limited pot of money to spend (apparently north of £100m this summer), and I don't think we're happy with taking the risk of spending most of that on one player who is a youngster from Bundesliga with potential.

If it was a prem proven youngster that is a different story.

So you are asking me to find a list of better options than Richarlison? Is that it because I did not see your reply yesterday. To be honest I think you may have me mixed up with somebody else that doesn’t rate Richarlison

Purely as a player he is ok…it’s the rest of the shit he brings that I don’t want at Spurs

You're dodging the question.

Salah has a year left. I would gladly spunk £75 on him than even £50 on Richarlison.

You want a statement signing that puts us instantly in the Title race? Kane , Son and Salah with Kulu as backup or as the tip of a mid 3?

Unrealistic? Wages may be an issue, Pool may not deal with us but not out of the realm of possibility.

I’m not entirely convinced about the idea of an anti-Jewish player at Tottenham Hotspur, however talented he might be.

I guess one cannot have a bad game.

Let’s agree to disagree. I watched him a lot, I do rate him. Spurs won’t pay 100M for him maybe 70-80M€ max. I hope.

Spurs fans want club to spend money, but just in region of 50M on one player. It’s hilarious in today’s market. And they want titles🤦‍♂️

Mate, you can't conflate the opinions of an entire fan-base into one conveniently unified sentiment... That's bogus. To then suggest saying "£80m+ on a 20 y/o CB is very risky" = "Don't buy anyone for above 50m" is dishonest BS.

Look; it's a very simple situ here.... You think he is worth the risk..... You may be proven right.... Doesn't mean people's concerns aren't warranted.

Last edited:

He's leaving Liverpool because he wants about 400k p/w and a long contract despite heading towards 30, but you want us (a poorer club) to give him said contract on top of a transfer fee?

Come on guys, you have 24 pages to go to make it 1000 pages of intellectual second to none bull sh!t posts. Got to be done before midnight tonight.

Topics:
Richarlison
Raphino
Winks
Regulion
Ndombele loan and kebabs
The CD from RB Leibzig
Which RB which RWB
Eriksen still on?
The £150m cash injection
Any flippin BS will do

"We've got £150m!"

jonah-hill-yay.gif

Gvardiol: £80m
Raphina: £65m

= £145m

".........Why no RB, LB, LCB, CB, RW, DM, #10 or CF, you tight bald cunt????"

:harryhmm:

Btw in case we can't agree a deal for Rich; 2 players who can play WF and CF are Leao and Gouiri. I think Leao may be similar price to Rich, Gouiri much cheaper.
To do a comparison looking at domestic league stats from last season only:

Richarlison (mostly CF): 10 goals, 5 assists
Gouiri (mostly CF): 10 goals, 9 assists
Leao (mostly LW): 11 goals, 8 assists

Rich scored 3 pens, Gouiri scored 3 pens, Leao 0.

So from these stats Leao seems the best, but bear in mind AC Milan 1st in league while, Nice 5th, Everton 16th. Rich also prem proven.

Not sure if this is a serious post or taking the p!ss

Anyway, it will never happen but you make keep dreaming... Salah is on around £200k and asking for something like £500k in case you don't know.

Back
Top Bottom