Summer 2022 Transfer Thread.

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

How many fucking times it has to be repeated.

You are preaching for paying close to world record fee for someone who will never ever (and no player in his position has been or will not be) be worth much more than the money we would have to pay for him.

You sound really stupid with the ending. About "want to spend max 50 mil and win titles" - what the fuck. You are literally suggesting us to throw money left and right. 80 here and 100 there. This is pretty much what ManU has done in past 5 years. How many titles do they have to show for it.

And also for the last time - it does not have to be about purely money. I think that getting in Bissouma and Perisic for 25mil has been beyond awesome. Though not splashing excessive cash.
No-one is expecting 80M here, 100M there.

I do expect us to pay 80M for a single player if they think he makes a big difference, as long as it’s balanced by smart 20M buys like Kulu and Bissouma

How many big clubs can Salah go to at £400k/wk?

City, PSG maybe Newcastle now lol.

Barca, Madrid are skint FFS.

I doubt Bayern can afford those wages either? Anybody know what Mane is on at Bayern? It’s rumoured to be £250k/week

The market is changing. Years of overspending has taken its toll on many big clubs. Chelsea have lost their sugar daddy too. COVID has hit everyone financially too.

I suppose Salah could always move to United financially but why would he?

As I said, show me where I said any such thing and I will comply. For now I would suggest that theatrics and attitude taken into consideration I would take virtually any PL winger or striker in his stead.

It's not winger OR striker (so crossed them out below).... It's meant to be someone that is proven to be able to do both at a decent level i.e. "Much better" than Richarlison.

But for sake of upsetting you here is a off the top of my head list of options I would prefer

I'm not upset; merely persistent....... You're clearly desperate and on the ropes though otherwise you wouldn't be getting so antsy.

Raphina yes

DCL yes

Bowen yes <<<< For under 50m? No chance.

Dennis yes <<< "Much better"; really????

Antonio yes <<< "Much better"; really????

Toney yes

Maupay yes
<<<< LOL

Watkins yes

Cornet yes

Harrison yes

I would even rather Zaha and he is a cunt as well. <<< Exactly... He's everything you've accused Richarlison of being.

So (as per your questioning of others re Richarlison) "at the start of the window"; you'd have been happy with Antonio or Dennis would you?

WOW! :nunothumb:

.......Oh, that's right; you'd have been expecting Salah, innit.

Anything else you would like?

Nah; I've seen enough, ta......

Salah?

Season 2 Lol GIF by Friends

As I said, show me where I said any such thing and I will comply. For now I would suggest that theatrics and attitude taken into consideration I would take virtually any PL winger or striker in his stead.

But for sake of upsetting you here is a off the top of my head list of options I would prefer

Raphina yes.

DCL yes

Bowen yes

Dennis yes

Antonio yes

Toney yes

Maupay yes

Watkins yes

Cornet yes

Harrison yes

I would even rather Zaha and he is a cunt as well.

Anything else you would like?

Because he isn't going to leave Liverpool to play for another Premier League club.

It's the last big move of his career and he'll want a Real Madrid or Juventus type transfer.
I agree. And to be clear I don’t want Salah at Spurs but I would rather overpay for him than bring in Richarlison. I just think he would be a disaster. There will be plenty of “rejects” like Kulu out there. If our scouts are out there and we have Richarlison as first choice then I think we fire all those scouts

Why is Salah not realistic? Are we a big club or not?
I expect to get stick for this but , no , depending on definition I guess . We are the next tier down, we are not yet at that elite level, ( my definition of big club ) If we show some cojones next 5 years we could muscle our way in i feel. With Conte we could well win something quite quickly but we need to keep him and stay there for a few years . However to do it will take continued significant investment

Last edited:
I agree. And to be clear I don’t want Salah at Spurs but I would rather overpay for him than bring in Richarlison. I just think he would be a disaster. There will be plenty of “rejects” like Kulu out there. If our scouts are out there and we have Richarlison as first choice then I think we fire all those scouts

Nah seriously; you convinced me..... If we can't get Salah, Maupay is our man. :roflmao:

Then presumably you want the manager fired in that case as he's a Conte pick.

This is what 'Back Conte' means by the way :thumbup:

Back
Top Bottom