Summer Transfer thread - 2024

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

It’s going to be a LWF for sure.

We want Solomon and Gil gone. We won’t sign Werner so that leaves us 1 spot free on the left and we need a different profile with someone that can dribble 1v1 and keep the ball.

The fact that you haven’t worked that out just shows how tinted your logic is by your own opinions.

Unless you really think we are selling one of Johnson or Kulusevski on top of the other 15 we need to shift
We shouldn't be buying a starting left winger. That money should be reserved for a starting right winger and CF. I actually think you two are on the same page.

We shouldn't be buying a starting left winger. That money should be reserved for a starting right winger and CF. I actually think you two are on the same page.

We should only sign starting quality players. Never sign a back up if you want to compete.

I will say this though, Ange isn’t big on sides and is more interested in profiles. What we need above a LWF or a RWF is a wide player that can dribble, cross and play 1-2’s to create for others.

As it happens we have 2 players that usually play RW who are staying and only 1 who plays LW that is staying. You do the maths mate…

There's not 1 position in our squad we can't upgrade on either the first choice or backup.

We seem to permanently be in a state of "we can't get it all done this window". Well bringing in players like Johsnon, Werner, Solomon etc will ensure it remains that way.

To challenge for the title we would need around 10 high quality signings. We will be lucky to get 2 or 3 in of that level.

My expectations are suitably low. A couple of good players, a few Bergwijn types, and a top 4 challenge with ups and downs for around -£100m net spend.

It’s going to be a LWF for sure.

We want Solomon and Gil gone. We won’t sign Werner so that leaves us 1 spot free on the left and we need a different profile with someone that can dribble 1v1 and keep the ball.

The fact that you haven’t worked that out just shows how tinted your logic is by your own opinions.

Unless you really think we are selling one of Johnson or Kulusevski on top of the other 15 we need to shift
I look forward to reminding you of all your flawless "logic" when our big winger signing is a RW.

We did most of our business early last year as well. Only Johnson was late. I'll probably end up right about this as well.

Rough summer ahead for you.

This might come as news to you but 2 months from now is late July. Both VDV and Brennan wrapped up after then. Not that that should have been our only business, we desperately needed another CB, but whatever.

Match footage of Hackney:

- Hayden Hackney vs Wigan Athletic (H) - 26/12/2022

- Hayden Hackney vs Norwich City 2023

- Hayden Hackney | Middlesbrough vs Burnley 2023-04-07 Match Highlight | Every Touch

- Hayden Hackney | Middlesbrough vs Preston North End 2023-03-18 Match Highlight | Every Touch

Plenty more available on Youtube.

Nice footage. Lovely passing range, positionally responsible, solid defensively, press resistant, good touch. Game intelligence, good weighting of passing. I really like him. Seems like he's learning a lot from his manager, their styles are very similar.

He strikes me as more of a playmaker holding #6 than your defensive shield DM, which is fine as it's the sort of profile we need if we're getting rid of Hojbjerg this summer. That said he doesn't look poor defensively at all - he's a stocky lad and seems willing to get stuck in.

Only concern is according to Boro fans his form seems to have tailed off a bit recently. But it's clear he's got the raw attributes. #6s at 21 are rarely the finished article and he looks like someone we could develop.

As a Hojbjerg replacement I really like it. As a DM who's going to come in immediately and own the #6 role in a UCL challenging side I'm less sure, but with a fully-recovered Bentancur, Bissouma and potentially Sarr perhaps we don't need one to come in and make an immediate impact. Especially as there's no obvious #6 on the market who'd come in and instantly improve us. Very keen for us to get this one done personally.

Same

There's not 1 position in our squad we can't upgrade on either the first choice or backup.

We seem to permanently be in a state of "we can't get it all done this window". Well bringing in players like Johsnon, Werner, Solomon etc will ensure it remains that way.

To challenge for the title we would need around 10 high quality signings. We will be lucky to get 2 or 3 in of that level.

My expectations are suitably low. A couple of good players, a few Bergwijn types, and a top 4 challenge with ups and downs for around -£100m net spend.

It was just a year ago people were aiming for attacking football and top half finish.

Can’t expect anyone to turn it around in only 1 season.

Ange laid a good foundation in his first season. Our back 5 look set but we need more quality in the midfield and attack.

Why would our winger purchase be a LWF?

Son is our only top class forward, he plays on the left.

Making our big winger purchase this summer a LW makes no sense when we have Brennan and Kulu routinely stinking out the place on the right.

Make the big purchase a RW, get back up for Son on the left.

No brainer.
actually I think you're totally wrong tbh.

A
Keeping receipts on a football forum….

Work Reaction GIF by Robert E Blackmon

Back
Top Bottom