Summer Transfer thread - 2024

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Any cunt-offs lately?

Awkward The Simpsons GIF

actually I think you're totally wrong tbh.

Unless we are selling Kulusevski or Johnson it doesn’t make sense.

That’s before you even consider that Ange might still see Son playing centrally at times next season.

If the goal is to have 6 forwards for 3 spots it seems pretty obvious it’s going to look like this:

CF
New
Richarlison

LF
Son
New

RF
Johnson
Kulusevski

That’s before you even consider that Ange might still see Son playing centrally at times next season.

If the goal is to have 6 forwards for 3 spots it seems pretty obvious it’s going to look like this:

CF
New
Richarlison

LF
Son
New

RF
Johnson
Kulusevski

My biggest concern with Kulu is he doesn’t have a natural position within Ange’s system.

Not really a RW, not a LW and didn’t look great in the 10. False 9? Maybe ?

CF
New
Richarlison

LF
Son
New

RF
Johnson
Kulusevski

Do we think Kulusevskis future here is at right wing?

Since he got hooked at HT against Luton (30th March) and called out by Ange for cutting inside too much he started just 2 games (out of a possible 9) in that position.

Since then he's been tried centrally in midfield, on the left wing and as a false 9. I reckon if we don't get a good bid for Kulusevski in the summer and he stays, he may just end up being some kind of utility man and whoever we sign to play RW may be someone who can also play LW, hence those links to the likes of Hudson-Odoi and even Doue, who has played RW this season.

Am I only one bothered by quite numerous (and what is worse - even quite reasonable sources) links with Callum Hudson-Odoi ?

This is an abosolute nothing player. He has never been even close to doing something that would impress me. There was this summer where he was linked to Bayern, and I could never see why was that. He is not good enough. He is kind of a player that academies in England can produce 30+ per year (not just 30+ players, 30+ wingers as average as him).

I mean, I get it - our HG numbers need some beefing up, but I MUCH MUCH MUCH rather see us give a run in the team to any of our academy youngsters than waste money on CHO.
We literally brought Johnson from them last summer, and he was brought in as replacement. Being slightly older and very clear downgrade. Why would we want to buy him too now?

Just does not make any sense to me.

My biggest concern with Kulu is he doesn’t have a natural position within Ange’s system.

Not really a RW, not a LW and didn’t look great in the 10. False 9? Maybe ?
Do we think Kulusevskis future here is at right wing?

Since he got hooked at HT against Luton (30th March) and called out by Ange for cutting inside too much he started just 2 games (out of a possible 9) in that position.

Since then he's been tried centrally in midfield, on the left wing and as a false 9. I reckon if we don't get a good bid for Kulusevski in the summer and he stays, he may just end up being some kind of utility man and whoever we sign to play RW may be someone who can also play LW, hence those links to the likes of Hudson-Odoi and even Doue, who has played RW this season.

Kulusevski is certainly a question mark for position.

Thing is, despite having a rough end to the season Ange seems to trust him and he was very important when we had injuries and Son away.

I can see him staying as a utility player that contributes to winning points. And if we sign a #9 for him to aim crosses at he probably looks more effective with that cut in and diagonal cross he used to aim at Kane.

We probably end up signing another RWF but maybe not this summer.

Am I only one bothered by quite numerous (and what is worse - even quite reasonable sources) links with Callum Hudson-Odoi ?

This is an abosolute nothing player. He has never been even close to doing something that would impress me. There was this summer where he was linked to Bayern, and I could never see why was that. He is not good enough. He is kind of a player that academies in England can produce 30+ per year (not just 30+ players, 30+ wingers as average as him).

I mean, I get it - our HG numbers need some beefing up, but I MUCH MUCH MUCH rather see us give a run in the team to any of our academy youngsters than waste money on CHO.
We literally brought Johnson from them last summer, and he was brought in as replacement. Being slightly older and very clear downgrade. Why would we want to buy him too now?

Just does not make any sense to me.

He’s been poo pooed by Ally Gold.

dont worry, be happy.

Kulusevski is certainly a question mark for position.

Thing is, despite having a rough end to the season Ange seems to trust him and he was very important when we had injuries and Son away.

I can see him staying as a utility player that contributes to winning points. And if we sign a #9 for him to aim crosses at he probably looks more effective with that cut in and diagonal cross he used to aim at Kane.

We probably end up signing another RWF but maybe not this summer.

I don’t want Kulu sold. I still think there’s a player there. But this season was too much square peg in a round hole.

He and Ange need to find his best position.

I don’t want Kulu sold. I still think there’s a player there. But this season was too much square peg in a round hole.

He and Ange need to find his best position.

We need to be careful.

We can't sell Richarlison as well, without being very confidemt that whoever we bring into the club can score goals. Only he and Son are proven goalscorers. Lose one or both, without adequate replacement and we'd be in trouble.

Kulusevski is more solution than problem.

For me.. Ederson would give the 'Rice' effect for Woolwich, then Toney, Simakan and Kelly/Raphinha..... Champions League all day long
Is this the Ederson who has just had a massive game in the Europa final and helped his team into the CL?
If so, sign him in a heartbeat.
Slight concern being why would he forego CL football with his current team, or with any one of the other CL qualifiers, to start again trying to win the Europa with Spurs?
Idealistic, but unrealistic unless we offer mind shattering wages.
On this note

:levystare:

We need to be careful.

We can't sell Richarlison as well, without being very confidemt that whoever we bring into the club can score goals. Only he and Son are proven goalscorers. Lose one or both, without adequate replacement and we'd be in trouble.

If Kulusevski is the solution, then what is the problem?

Is this the Ederson who has just had a massive game in the Europa final and helped his team into the CL?
If so, sign him in a heartbeat.
Slight concern being why would he forego CL football with his current team, or with any one of the other CL qualifiers, to start again trying to win the Europa with Spurs?
Idealistic, but unrealistic unless we offer mind shattering wages.
On this note

:levystare:,
I've read that Liverpool are after him, so he's more likely to go there than join Spurs,

We need to be careful.

Yeah..we need an extra central striker , sonny and richarlson won't be enough, injury wise seasons in Europe can be v demanding on the squad . look what's happened to Newcastle..

We need to be careful.

Richy isn’t going anywhere. Saudis are the only one who can afford him.

Don’t see him making that move yet.

Despite how some feel about him he’s shown he’s capable to do a job and he’s still the only real striker we have.

Richy isn’t going anywhere. Saudis are the only one who can afford him.

Don’t see him making that move yet.

Despite how some feel about him he’s shown he’s capable to do a job and he’s still the only real striker we have.

We desperately need a top drawer striker. He isn't it but yes, he might need to stay.

Back
Top Bottom