Tanguy Ndombele

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

It always seems to me like everyone hates him, but whatevs.

Is there a player in the team where everyone is in agreement? Aurier and Son seem like the closest, on opposite ends of the popularity spectrum.
There is definitely a Lamela can do no wrong contingent.
They may have gotten smaller over the years but they're there.

I don't hate him, I just don't see why we have kept him around so long when he's not reliable enough.

If anyone doesn't rate Kane they shouldn't be a football fan let alone a Spurs fan.
Son is interesting, I think there are fans that are turned off of him because of the Son fans. You know, the ones who barley know who Spurs are, but they love Son. It's offputting to some.

Genuinely laughable montage.
And if that’s the best bits of technique well fuck me.....fitting that the opening scene is him sitting on the floor though

:mourfacepalm:

Oh god...after about 3mins 12s, the highlights consist of him being dispossessed on the edge of the box by a Norwich defender, and then passing the ball to Mateo Kovacic of Chelsea.

Touché. Montages are like stats. You can cherry pick them to suit any argument.
You’re missing the point.
Ndombeles montage is supposed to make him look good, but really doesn’t.
Those are the highlights......it’s not like there was a load of world class play they missed out.
The rest was left out and the best bits are crap.

You’re missing the point.
Ndombeles montage is supposed to make him look good, but really doesn’t.
Those are the highlights......it’s not like there was a load of world class play they missed out.
The rest was left out and the best bits are crap.
What does 'world class play' look like to you? Can you link to a montage of this?

Strange you need to ask but here you go, just one example of what I’d like even 10% of from Ndombele

I see. It looks like world class to you means sliding tackles and dangerous fouls (which are now straight reds). Am I missing something?

jokes aside, that’s a 15 year highlight reel. Lets circle back and do this again in 2030.

Last edited:
Why is it strange that I need to ask? Had someone else previously asked you to post your opinion of world class or did you think I don't have my own opinions about it? Genuine question.
What do you think of Ndombeles montage to Roy Keanes?
Or Lampard?

Have your own opinions but if you think Ndombele has shown even 1% of this level, then I’m very happy you

What do you think of Ndombeles montage to Roy Keanes?
Or Lampard?

Have your own opinions but if you think Ndombele has shown even 1% of this level, then I’m very happy you

Thanks. I do think he's shown some guts, if that's the benchmark, but he's clearly not the aggressive player that Keano was. I don't really see them as the same type of player anyway, Keano was a destroyer and NDombele isn't. He's a turn-over, shoulder-roller, take-two-players-out-with-tricky-boots type player. Not sure where that fits in, but PEH might make him fit better.

I don't see many of the Keane mould anymore. Not that I miss it. He was a nasty cheat, even if it was great to watch at times.

Thanks. I do think he's shown some guts, if that's the benchmark, but he's clearly not the aggressive player that Keano was. I don't really see them as the same type of player anyway, Keano was a destroyer and NDombele isn't. He's a turn-over, shoulder-roller, take-two-players-out-with-tricky-boots type player. Not sure where that fits in, but PEH might make him fit better.

I don't see many of the Keane mould anymore. Not that I miss it. He was a nasty cheat, even if it was great to watch at times.
Keane was an utter scum bag, but the flexibility, dedication and skill set were off the chart.
One of the best CMs that ever played football.

I don’t expect Ndombele to be Roy Keane or Lampard, but I’m baffled as to what people have seen in him that convinced them there is some kind of Zidane hidden in there, trapped in a Michelin Man suit.

Keane was an utter scum bag, but the flexibility, dedication and skill set were off the chart.
One of the best CMs that ever played football.

I don’t expect Ndombele to be Roy Keane or Lampard, but I’m baffled as to what people have seen in him that convinced them there is some kind of Zidane hidden in there, trapped in a Michelin Man suit.
I fear this guy has to look like the Machinist before we stop with the fat jokes.

I see what you're saying. I think what people are clinging on to (myself among them) is that he has made some moves and passes that we haven't seen from our midfield for a long while. WInks, Dier, Sissoko, Wanyama etc. just don't do key/assist passes from midfield and not do they take men on and beat them. It's not much, but it's something and he's our player, so I'll get behind that for now. If he does an Ade or an Eriksen, I'll grab a pitchfork, but it still feels too soon.

Back
Top Bottom