Tanguy Ndombele

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Some over the top vitriol in this thread. Signed a year earlier under Poch and m he’d have got plenty of game time and it might have worked out.

Shoulda woulda coulda. Let’s move him on pronto but some of you are acting like he’s banged your wife.
He’s a lazy twat & that’s it , no need to phantasise that the justification for peoples distain for him is jealousy. He’s a plum , a waster , an annoying carbuncle.

From the Napoli subreddit:

sjglvv5uirca1.jpg

Fucking ouch.

IMO, no matter how rubbish Tanguy was, Jose shouldn't have dug him out so publicly. Jose's job is to fix things if not going our way, and he could explain it without resorting to throwing a player under the bus. By all means, do it in the dressing room or the training field, but the last thing we need is any evidence of everyone not pulling together.

Jose just said this in the presser

"Tanguy is in a process of evolution. Last season he wasn't. He was stuck in a situation where I couldn't see evolution. Now he is in a moment where he is training very, very well. Today he gave us what we needed in the last 30 minutes. Now I believe in Tanguy. I never doubted his ability but last season I doubted his effort and motivation. Now I think that Tanguy can do well for us."

What I like about Tanguy is that on many occasions he sees the next pass even before the ball has been passed to him.

He did this with the second pass he made in the Everton game, he knows what pass he has to make so as soon as the ball reaches him he plays a one touch pass to the forwards that completely catches his oppositions flat footed.

It’s not just that he’s a very accurate passer but he sees passes on a different level to the others, his thinking is several steps ahead of everyone. Once his teammates catch onto this our attack will catch the defenders cold and will become very potent.

Lots of issues with Ndombele, but he (and Bergwijn's ability to retain the ball under pressure) are the fulcrum for both phases of possession here that lead to a great disallowed goal against the best team in the league. He really hasn't been as bad for us as many are making out. If the club deem it fit to be rid of him, I can't really argue with it, but I don't think he's anything like the lost cause some do. Could still be a great player for us if the new coaching staff can sort him out.

Those were hectic times. Now the waters have calmed lets see what conte does. Im not Ndombele fan. Im not bothered either way. I just think from a football sense and financial sense if Conte decides to bring him back into the fold with a full Conte pre-season, sits him down, and now that we have a new stability and dont need him either way I dont think it hurts to keep him another season and see what he does when hes given minutes. There is a player in there and could come in handy it all depends on his mentality and if Conte can break him down and rebuild him. A decent run of games could improve his resale. If not then bin him 🤷🏻‍♂️

Conte, will never, ever play him again. He will not even let him train with the first team. He is a rotten apple and does not deserve the chance to play for us again after he downed tools and ran away for a holiday in the middle of the season. He is a disgrace and Conte will not accept players who do not enjoy working hard.

Napoli Forum

Top/Flop Overall Totals

Kvaratskhelia +392
Osimhen +318
Lobotka +174
Kim +156
Simeone +122
Meret +99
Di Lorenzo +61
Anguissa +39
Østigard +37
Raspadori +15