The “They’re really going to have a World Cup in QATAR?” Thread

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

‘I feel like a migrant worker’: Gianni Infantino hits out at World Cup criticism​

• Fifa president compares Qatar issues with his own upbringing
  • ‘Don’t criticise Qatar’, Infantino tells press conference in Doha
Infantino began his speech by saying: “Today I feel Qatari. Today I feel Arabic. Today I feel African. Today I feel gay. Today I feel disabled. Today I feel [like] a migrant worker.

“Of course I am not Qatari, I am not an Arab, I am not African, I am not gay, I am not disabled. But I feel like it, because I know what it means to be discriminated [against], to be bullied, as a foreigner in a foreign country.

“Of course I am not Qatari, I am not an Arab, I am not African, I am not gay, I am not disabled. But I feel like it, because I know what it means to be discriminated [against], to be bullied, as a foreigner in a foreign country.

“As a child I was bullied – because I had red hair and freckles,"
s09e11_720.jpg

World Cup Breaking News:
Qatari Authorities have announced that all soccer fans with freckles will be arrested and deported.

In a perfect world FIFA would disband the World Cup today.
And run it as a summer tournament in the UK & Ireland. Where it should have gone were it not for corruption.
The stadia, infrastructure, transport, experience all exists - all we have to do is to police the grounds with armed soldiers and riot police to deter terrorists and drug fuelled wankers breaking in and we're ready to go.
Wembley, OT, WHL, Murrayfield, Celtic Park, Millennium Stadium, Croke Park, Twickenham all big and well managed stadiums.
Good to go

But please ban Budweiser only contracts

He basically just said, that all the western nations are more guilty than Qatar because of colonialism and what not.

If we had any integrity the european and NA participants would withdraw right now.

He basically just said, that all the western nations are more guilty than Qatar because of colonialism and what not.

If we had any integrity the european and NA participants would withdraw right now.
Rock solid logic from him.

Because the West committed atrocities from time to time over the last 3,000 years it’s okay for Qatar to commit atrocities now.

What an absolute fucking idiot..

The evolution of a culture takes time and people will not change their opinions overnight. Much of the African, Caribbean and Islamic world is intolerant of homosexuality.

We can continue to shut them out, or we can invite them in and see if they embrace acceptance over time.

Take WWE wrestling for instance. For many years they have been holding events in Saudi Arabia. In the beginning females were banned from performing, fast forward 4 years and not only are females performing but this year they had the longest match on the card.

Trying to force people to change their views never ever works, and usually evokes more divisiveness. For instance; Black Lives Matter / Say No To Racism has further divided race relations, not brought them together.

Like Saudi, Qatar has a long-term economic plan to open to tourism and diversify their economy. This isn't a 5 year plan, it's a 20 year plan. Its probable that some of these middle eastern states will become entertainment hubs; hosting the biggest concerts, best restaurants and luxury travel.

Alcohol and Drugs is a huge problem in western society, destroying many lives. I fully understand any developing country wanting to restrict abuse. How many of you wish you had never touched the stuff but are now addicted?
I'm Muslim but I completely disagree with you.
People that want to watch football?

If you want to get pissed, go down your local Weatherspoons.
You're just virtue signalling.

That was my thought too.
If the football associations (the German Football Association has boastfully announced that it wants to act against Infantino..!) only had a little sense of honor, then at the latest it would be the end of the day!

Infantino is absolutely right about the benefits FIFA brings to the planet.

The World Cup was held in a country with a repressive, elitist, anti-gay regime and within 12 months they had legalised homosexuality - England, 1966.

There was a very good reason for our mascot being World Cup Willie.

YnN4k6a.png

Back
Top Bottom