The "A-Team" vs. MANCHESTER CITY

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

I was at the match today and WOW, what a second half performance, as well as a thoroughly deserved result.

Our defence looked really solid and Eric Dier is becoming an absolute beast in the centre of midfield breaking-up the play. Ben Davies possibly had his best ever game in our colours today and I was also really impressed with Lamela, as he really did put in a shift for us.

Apart from when they scored in the first half, I didn't hear anything from the Man City fans at all. Didn't even hear them respond to our chant of "WHERE WERE YOU WHEN YOU WERE SHIT".

So proud to support our great club today and we have proved the critics in the media wrong again, who all predicted an easy win for City. #COYS

Last edited:
Went straight to the game from the airport, had visions of spending most of the time looking at my eyelids - absolutely cream crackered as only managed an hour's kip on the plane. But so glad I made it. Great second half, every player played their part, but special call outs to the following:
Thought Eric had a blinder, such a mature performance.
Lamela was pretty effective and ran his heart out.
So happy for Harry, his work rate is never in any doubt but unfortunately, he is now judged soley on how many goals he scores and his critics really need to a good kick up the backside, for putting so much pressure on his young shoulders.
Hugo again made crucial saves, his importance to our team cannot be stressed enough.
Toby and Jan are developing into a class double act, complementing each other well.
My only gripe was with the ref - can't believe the yellow cards he doled out .... and the ones he didn't!

With Kane its very worrying I have to say, he looks like the 21 yr old version of himself before that winner against Villa these 7 games:-(
Trying wayyyyy too hard to force the issue, not even getting his head up to pick out passes and assists, the goal drought has really gotten to him and if he doesn't nick a couple soon he will only regress more.
Gotta keep the faith in him though we all know hes got quality and fingers crossed he gets through this really poor patch of form.
Oh calm down. He would've scored a fucking bicycle kick if gibbs didn't happen to be there and looked dangerous as ever today. He'll be fine.

I'm saying we pray to every kind of god. I honestly expect us to get beat. I believe City are the better team. I'll be cheering us on and hoping we can snatch a win or a draw, but that's the best I expect. A snatched result.

This fucking fanny knows nothing. Needs to be sin binned with a safety helmet so he doesn't damage himself or anyone else.

Smiley material.

Capture99.png

You're so happy you going to say well done to West Ham for getting a point next aren't you? ;)

Unfortunately I am at work today, but it has made my day better.
Colleagues asking me did I go out last night and am I still pissed :)

Mate, i'm over the moon but even being this happy will never allow me to say that.. If Rachel Riley and Kelly Brook offered me a threesome if I praised West Ham i'd turn it down and go and knock one out on my own..

Back
Top Bottom