The mighty Spurs Vs Woolwich K.O: 16:30 Sunday 30th

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

18157893_10212367988891915_162677687510776088_n.jpg

Got an email from Spurs regarding my cover entry for the NLD cover:

Thank you for very much for your fantastic entry - we all loved your design!

So you are aware, we are going to showcase some of our favourite entries inside the matchday programme on Sunday and yours has been included. (I have attached a copy of the spread so you can take a look.)

Thank you again!

#COYS

Mine's top right (so that's something I guess)

BQpFJQI.jpg

I just love this club.
I'm 4,000 miles away, and this club means so much more to me than any of the teams I've followed in the States my entire life.

Maybe due to the fact that proper football kills anything we have here.

But I fucking love this club.

What a great day.
And so many more on the horizon....

Does it get better than this? Things like this don't happen to fans like me. Last time I woke up and Spurs where in this position I was in primary school. Now I'm a father of two with greys in my beard.

Dele missed a sitter. Then Christian. It's happening again. Last season we finished 3rd in a two horse race. A laughingstock. A season where I was so proud to say I'm Tottenham, our best finish in almost three decades but still a joke to those soulless, limp dick, brain dead bastards next door. A never ending bad joke that gets more unfunny each year but they seem to laugh harder. Louder. While I live in optimism and belief that one day it will be worth all the pain. One day it will be blue and white. One day it will be perfect.
Today is that day.
Thank you my Spurs.
It was worth the wait.
Like Guinness or a slow roasted leg of lamb.
It was so worth it.
Tottenham,
I love you.
X

North London is ours.

Should we celebrate it pending today's result? Worth singing a song about it? There is a smidgen of poetic justice in that it could happen against the old enemy at our last derby at WHL.

For song, it's fairly simplistic and wholly unoriginal, but I think would be easy to get going:

(To the tune of that naughty Adebayor song)

St Arseringham's Day
St Arseringham's Daaaaaaaay
We are celebrating
St Arseringham's Day

Also blends nicely into an overture of "Arsene Wenger, we want you to stay"

Thoughts?

Do we have a day when we finish above the spammers?
NO! Because they are a mid table fucking club! We should celebrate only when we win the league as that is what this squad and Poch are capable off.....
Let's not worry about mid table politics as we are in a title race..... end off!

ottenham 2-0 Woolwich

ca7b7551-cf73-4684-ad94-895272b0e601.jpg

Danny Mills

Ex-England defender on BBC Radio 5 live

Alexis Sanchez's arms are raised, but they are sort of covering his face. He's got to protect himself at all times. He's got a sore lip.

:dembelelol:

I thought I would feel more ecstatic than I am feeling. Think it might be because of the Chelsea result, which shows us how far we have come as a club. Don't get me wrong, it was totally satisfying to smash them out of sight, how we didn't get 4 or 5 is a mystery to me. It was more a sense of relief that we won and they have no chance of overtaking us. But I stayed in the ground for quite a while and I felt so sad that it is all coming to an end, last NLD and only one more game to go. However, on leaving the ground, you can see what the future holds for us, and the excitement and anticipation kick in.
With regards to the actual game, again so many candidates for MOTM, but IMO Victor just shaded it. In the end, it was so easy, a walk in the park. They are a powderpuff team, no bottle or grit and we were better than them in every single department. I love this team and I love Poch - please, please, please let's do everything in our power to keep this going next season.

How did AtoubaMagic AtoubaMagic get on he must be destroyed.

I forgot to post again! Travelling to London from Sydney for the weekend is not something I would recommend normally but this was an exception.

To preface, I love having people rock up to my place so when a friend of a friend needed a place to crash for a month or six, we had her stay in our spare room in Sydney. When I decided to do this mad dash to London she and her now husband (who is a West Ham fan) insisted on returning the favour and picked me up from the airport, toured her local pubs in her little country town, let me crash at her home, drove me to the game, picked me up from the game and then drove me to the airport. All from one Facebook message on a Thursday night!

No fucking regrets. It was a great day. I had tickets through a mate of mine who owns a multinational company and loves spurs. He has 4 tickets and I was meant to go with his manager in London. However (And I didn't mention this to my mate) the manager appears to have promised his brother the ticket. So he got me another on the shelf side (presumably through stub hub or the like). At first I was a bit bummed but then decided to drink beer. I went up to my seat and I was taken aback on how friendly everyone was. I was obviously not the normal seat holder and a quick explanation of my trip and they were now all my mates. I really loved the community feel of the area in the ground including the great banter with the stewards. I don't have to say much about the game! I've been to the sacred ground before but forgot how close to the field you are. I hope this stays true in the new stadium.

I forgot to mention one funny thing. I went to a couple of pubs before the game on my own. In the second pub, I was having a beer and just people watching when a friend of mine walked past me. He lived in Australia for years then moved back to Norway. I knew he was a spurs fan as we watched games together regularly but I didn't consider he would come to the game (we both have young families). He just walked past me! We could have easily missed each other! What are the chances!

All in all a fantastic weekend. A great story. And great memories.

I have one regret; flying economy for 24 hours straight and then doing it all again less than 72 hours later really stuffs your back! Next time I'm getting closer to the front of the plane!

Already feeling quite emotional about this. Should all go to schedule, this will be my last game at the current stadium. Started going in 94 when we were fucking shit (apart from the excitement of Klinsmann) and have witnessed this slow, stuttered progression to rabid, skillful, title challenging club of the future.

What better way to close that chapter than by sealing out first finish above those pricks since the first year I supported the club.

Back
Top Bottom