The Mighty Tottenham v Woolwich Wanderers

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

From a mate
'Tottenham boys took the piss at Woolwich outside the ground, lots of police vans and riot police. And smashed up the away end'
Not condoning 'cough cough'
89f5e8b8f570d11d68cf581d26b17f2e.gif

One of the most pleasing aspects of today's game was that we actually seemed to be more passionate and up for the fight than in years gone by. How many times in the past have we just rolled over and looked like fucking rabbits in headlights. Not today. Not Pochettino 's Spurs. Today we looked and played like a team on a mission. A mission to finally start reclaiming our rightful place as North Londons Biggest and best.

i'm not sure where some of these ' it was an even game' comments are coming from, barring the opening 10 minutes and maybe the last 15, I though we ran them ragged on their own pitch, the last 20 mins of the first half and the first 20 of the second, they could barely live with us
10+15=25 mins a third of the game. We out played them and were the better team . However a draw was fair at the end.They missed some good chances , goals is what its all about.

One of the most pleasing aspects of today's game was that we actually seemed to be more passionate and up for the fight than in years gone by. How many times in the past have we just rolled over and looked like fucking rabbits in headlights. Not today. Not Pochettino 's Spurs. Today we looked and played like a team on a mission. A mission to finally start reclaiming our rightful place as North Londons Biggest and best.

Can we lose the word "North" perhaps?

Brilliant post if so.

Lamela provides defense and Son provides almost none, so I'm sticking with Lamela for the time being.
These days , goals from the attacking wingers should be the priority vs defense. Let Dier and the the BL worry about the defense. But in today's game with spurs up 1-0, that Son for Lamela swap was a poor choice. Defense should've been the priority.

Last edited:
Absolutely gutted that we didn't come away with 3 points today as I think that they were thoroughly deserved, however you cannot knock the performance. As a team we can beat anybody, we were brilliant today, perhaps a little more composure in front of goal and without Cech playing a worldie it would've been more. The future's lilywhite! This may not be the most talented squad we've had in recent years, but it damn-well is up for the fight, and seems to buy into the manager's ethos, only as strong as the sum of your parts 'n all that, and right now we're a well oiled machine.

This might have been mentioned before, but writing about Sanchez being a cunt in another thread reminded me. How weird was watching that remembrance minute before kickoff and realizing, that woolwich didn't line up with a single Brit. Even those soulless nomads must have felt strange looking at that.

This has probably already been posted but LOL

The weird rationalisation their fandom has been doing this evening is impressive.

That whole 'Spurs couldn't beat us playing their best, when we were at our worst!' is probably the most pervasive one...

You know, because no football team has been made to look poor in a match by the opposition's defending and pressing. No sir. Nuh-uh.
Not to mention that it wasn't the best we've played: good, but not necessarily the best.

Oh well, the little twerps are victims of the Sky narrative anyway - the one where it's incredibly important to keep mentioning that Woolwich played midweek. We had one day less rest, but never let the truth get in the way.

Side note: yes, the talk of a title challenge on here (and anywhere else on Spurs social media) is silly, but that is the mentality I want the squad to have.
If they aim towards the top, and actually get anywhere close, then even failing to do so will likely mean a top four finish. Limiting yourself to 4th place seems like losing half the mental battle already. By doing that, falling just short and finishing 5th becomes more acceptable. If we want a winner's mentality, just like shaking off the habit of shitting ourselves against the big teams, then we have to change that.

Oh, and maybe there's a quote in there somewhere that might just be appropriate for Spurs in particular... Couldn't possibly comment.

Back
Top Bottom