The new poch out poll

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Poch out?

• Yes poch out

Votes: 172 44.6%
  • No poch stays

Votes: 214 55.4%

• Total voters
Don’t forget that it is largely due to Poch that we are 10 points below fourth place. He didn’t show inspired genius last night- he simply picked the team that many of us wanted picking a long time ago. He has a lot to answer for
So let's get this right.
The guy who transformed our team and oversaw the change from a top 10 side into a club that regularly competes at the european top table now has to be judged incompetent by a bunch of self appointed armchair experts who dont even have the ability to manage a pub team?
Why stop there mate, you know how to spend money and can recognise all of the bank notes, why dont you post your thoughts on running the Royal Bank of Scotland or Barclays as well?
You probably had measles, why not volunteer to run the NHS?

Instead of having a lot to answer for to an enormous bunch of ignorant ingrates, maybe we all have a massive amount to be grateful for and should be a lot more appreciative and tolerant and give the guy some time to sort this mess out.
All of you "hang him high" brigade are quick to condemn the guy, but nobody can suggest anyone that is readily available that is GUARANTEED to do a better job.

Some of the criticisms on here defy belief.

So let's get this right.
The guy who transformed our team and oversaw the change from a top 10 side into a club that regularly competes at the european top table now has to be judged incompetent by a bunch of self appointed armchair experts who dont even have the ability to manage a pub team?
Why stop there mate, you know how to spend money and can recognise all of the bank notes, why dont you post your thoughts on running the Royal Bank of Scotland or Barclays as well?

Instead of having a lot to answer for to an enormous bunch of ignorant ingrates, maybe we all have a massive amount to be grateful for and should be a lot more appreciative and tolerant and give the guy some time to sort this mess out.
All of you "hang him high" brigade are quick to condemn the guy, but nobody can suggest anyone that is readily available that is GUARANTEED to do a better job.

Fuck off Mick. Ole matspur is right. Keep your opinions to yourself. Maybe, just maybe, Poch was right in getting them up to fitness. We had sammyspurs sammyspurs calling Ndombele a ‘fat slug’ when he got on the pitch, yet at the same time demanding that he should start every week. Your modern fan, mired in computer games, can’t see this basic human element of the game - Ndombele is in London, therefore he should start, immediately, regardless of his fitness. Lo Celso likewise - and it’s funny that when he does choose to start them, we instantly look better, but oh, the wanker has just lucked out.

This, naturally, is tempered with “Oh he’s bound to drop them and play his favourites” - and this is from people like Sammy who always bleats “oh why doesn’t he use all the squad”. Then you’ve got the dickhead squad demanding - yes DEMANDING - his head, and when he does get something right saying it’s just luck. You can’t really win with these idiots, and they won’t be happy until they’re screaming ALLEGRI OUT because their entire existence isn’t complete unless they’ve got something to cry about - and a ridiculous belief that their whiny little high pitched voices mean a goddamned thing.

Last edited:
So let's get this right.

So he has done a good job this calendar year then?

You have been happy with his selections and how the team have been playing?

We have shown relegation form since Christmas so how long are you satisfied with that?

So because as you say there are no GUARANTEES that someone is readily available to do a better job do we stick with the same crap we have been watching for the last year?

The game in midweek shows how we can play- who has the job of motivating the team to play well and who has failed consistently to do that for the last year?

I am appreciative for what he has done but sometimes things go stale and things eventually need changing if we are to progress.

There are lots of people who feel the way that I do

So he has done a good job this calendar year then?

You have been happy with his selections and how the team have been playing?

We have shown relegation form since Christmas so how long are you satisfied with that?

So because as you say there are no GUARANTEES that someone is readily available to do a better job do we stick with the same crap we have been watching for the last year?

The game in midweek shows how we can play- who has the job of motivating the team to play well and who has failed consistently to do that for the last year?

I am appreciative for what he has done but sometimes things go stale and things eventually need changing if we are to progress.

There are lots of people who feel the way that I do
Good for you.

Yeah, I'm delighted at the massive slump and yo-yo performances, primadonna players playing like zombies and turgid team play.

But theres one thing that I'm certain of, and that is, that Poch isnt delighted and that he and his team are doing all they can to right the ship, and that letting them get on with it is far more likely to yield a satisfying result than sacking him and panicking into taking on an Allardyce or Pulis instead.

Good for you.

Yeah, I'm delighted at the massive slump and yo-yo performances, primadonna players playing like zombies and turgid team play.

But theres one thing that I'm certain of, and that is, that Poch isnt delighted and that he and his team are doing all they can to right the ship, and that letting them get on with it is far more likely to yield a satisfying result than sacking him and panicking into taking on an Allardyce or Pulis instead.

Last 23 Premier league matches = 24 points.

How long are we going to accept that before showing some kind of dissent on this forum becomes acceptable then?

I didn't say your opinion was unacceptable.
I think it is ungrateful, short sighted and risible, but you have the right to your own opinion.

Fair enough but I don’t think it is ungrateful, short-sighted or risible to expect more from a team of Internationals managed by one of the World’s best young managers

So let's get this right.

One good result after 6 months of turgid shit football and poor results which have left us mid-table and this is what happens, slinging insults at people who care about the club.

You say people are quick to condemn him, I don't think it's been quick at all, people have only just recently started wanting him out after his persistence with doing the same thing over and over again and failing, the CL game midweek was promising in the sense that he did something different and it worked and surprise surprise, people were happy about it, now let's hope that continues and we continue improving.

Calling supporters "ignorant ingrates" after 23 points in 24 games, no away wins in 6 months and a host of other ridiculous stats that frankly have us in relegation form in the PL just shows your ignorance on the matter and that you're more attached to the manager than you are the club.

Maybe take a step back and try to understand that the criticism is justified and it's up to Poch to right the ship and prove us wrong, one single game doesn't change anything, he needs to be consistent and show he is learning from mistakes.

One good result after 6 months of turgid shit football and poor results which have left us mid-table and this is what happens, slinging insults at people who care about the club.

You say people are quick to condemn him, I don't think it's been quick at all, people have only just recently started wanting him out after his persistence with doing the same thing over and over again and failing, the CL game midweek was promising in the sense that he did something different and it worked and surprise surprise, people were happy about it, now let's hope that continues and we continue improving.

Calling supporters "ignorant ingrates" after 23 points in 24 games, no away wins in 6 months and a host of other ridiculous stats that frankly have us in relegation form in the PL just shows your ignorance on the matter and that you're more attached to the manager than you are the club.

Maybe take a step back and try to understand that the criticism is justified and it's up to Poch to right the ship and prove us wrong, one single game doesn't change anything, he needs to be consistent and show he is learning from mistakes.

Dwrn eich hun nes i chi farw

So how does sacking him help?
Teach him a lesson he wont forget in a hurry?

So if things continue like they have been at what point do YOU think enough is enough?
When our best players have left perhaps? Or when we are playing in the championship against Luton perhaps.
I would love him to turn it around but irrespective of injuries he has made some unfathomable decisions this year. I will be looking at his team selection tomorrow with interest

So if things continue like they have been at what point do YOU think enough is enough?
When our best players have left perhaps? Or when we are playing in the championship against Luton perhaps.
I would love him to turn it around but irrespective of injuries he has made some unfathomable decisions this year. I will be looking at his team selection tomorrow with interest
Wouldn't worry about playing Luton, they're going down....maybe the year after in league 1 though...

Ah the politics of fear approach.
Yes - I will support him slavishly whilst we fight relegation in league 1

Ah the politics of fear approach.
Yes - I will support him slavishly whilst we fight relegation in league 1

No but you could try answering the question. How much more time ?
11 defeats in 23 league matches with 6 victories in that time against Southampton, Palace x2, Villa, Huddersfield and Brighton.

No but you could try answering the question. How much more time ?
11 defeats in 23 league matches with 6 victories in that time against Southampton, Palace x2, Villa, Huddersfield and Brighton.
You won’t get answers on that from the disciples.
Because it means everything they say about others, will become true for them when they reach THEIR limits.

It’s basically a case of “you’re a shit ungrateful fan/gooner/cunt, until I decide Poch should go and then it’s ok”

It’s even funnier that some already admit “he should probably go”........but “you’re a cunt for saying it”

Absolute shambles some of them

Last edited:

Poch out banner which was stolen by Red Star ultras before the game. My initial thought was that it seems crazy to go all that way if you're not going to support the team, though I suppose the person with the banner believes that is the best way to support Spurs. It doesn't exactly reflect well on the owner; not that it was stolen, but to get a banner made and taken to Belgrade in the (expectation? Hope?) that we would lose and then it can be shown. I always felt that away games (particularly in Europe) were for continuous support and it was home games which were more for 'airing our dirty laundry in public' if necessary. Away support that turns on the players just looks muggy; see Woolwich fans. Anyway, I'm glad we won and hope things still work out with Poch.

Back
Top Bottom