The run in....

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Was never expecting Swansea to beat Leicester - they've been pants all season.

We win tonight, it's back to 5 points.

Then we have Chelsea and they have man utd - both away

Chelsea will be tough but we CAN win - so say a win for us. I'll be an optimist and say that Leicester's incredible luck runs out at the feet of an in form Marcus Rashford and they'll lose.

I think we'll beat S'hampton and fuck it, I'll say a draw between Everton and Leicester. That brings the points to even stevens but we'll have a superior GD.

I think we'll beat Newcastle despite not usually doing well up there, this team is a different breed now. Chelsea will roll over, probs, so that leaves us on the same points but more than likely us with a superior GD.

Titles is ours and that's how it is going to happen, mother fucking bitches

My prediction considering the league is...

if Dembele will start in the last 9 matches, we are going to win it. Sounds ridiculous, but I believe he is the key. No matter what Leicester does.

Thing is Dembele has to play the whole game, we also lose control of games when he comes off.

For me leave him out of the EL as well as Dier, let Mason and Bentaleb show us they have a future here.

Woolwich have 4 games in 10 days now, hopefully they beat Hull
giphy.gif

Fuck there are some negative cunts on here. Was it a disappointing week? yes. However, I still feel we are playing some great football and top to bottom we look the best team in the league. Will we win it? Not sure, but I have no doubt we will be close.

Just fucking wait until 3 games left to see if its possible then!

Nobody knows what will happen

I am still waiting for Ranieri to unveil his mask and it was secretly Mourinho underneath all along
Think about it, boring performances, 1-0 wins, only using 15 players, tough defensively and a racist english talisman, who else can it be!!?

You

You have no shame,- insult the forum that feeds your drivel, show some respect .

I respect LC for what they have achieved, they may still win the PL-the challenge is on. However, the difference between you and your football team. They have no guilt in the way they play and you have no shame in what you say on here. They are guilty for what they do, you are shameful for what you are?

Go back to Foxtail/glove/hunt/trot whatever its named and dribble your drivel on them.
Looks like the FA have decided to try and win the league for you w
If Steptoe gets a two match ban then the whole dynamic changes, the long ball or the chasing pass becomes MUCH less effective. It means the opponents defence can get higher and dominate possession and put LCFC under pressure.
We will see if Ranieri (who is an absolute gent and the one person I would genuinely feel sorry for if they finish 2nd) has a plan B in his locker.
Our boys get goals from all over, we can generally swap between players (Mousa, Erik and Harry excepted)
We don't know if LCFC are the same.
Hopefully.....
Have to take my hat off you to tonight. I knew you would destroy Stoke and you did. Looks like your title now. Pity the FA and ref has had such an impact to what was otherwise a fantastic two horse race. I just hope the season is remembered (outside of north London) for the right reasons and not the season the FA decided who won the league. To all those having a go at our style of play - football is a points game and we have done fantastic to get where we are. Spurs play fantastic and attractive football and have done fantastic to be where they are. The FA have stuck their nose in along with a cheating ref this weekend to influence what was a brilliant season. Sky and the FA have what they want which is a big club winning the league rather than little old Leicester.

Congratulations to you guys and wish you well in the CL next season.

Well done to the ref and FA also. If it wasn't for them who knows who would have ended up winners.

Nothing you can say about style of play or tactics etc will take away the FA and ref have decided what happens this season.

Looks like the FA have decided to try and win the league for you w

Have to take my hat off you to tonight. I knew you would destroy Stoke and you did. Looks like your title now. Pity the FA and ref has had such an impact to what was otherwise a fantastic two horse race. I just hope the season is remembered (outside of north London) for the right reasons and not the season the FA decided who won the league. To all those having a go at our style of play - football is a points game and we have done fantastic to get where we are. Spurs play fantastic and attractive football and have done fantastic to be where they are. The FA have stuck their nose in along with a cheating ref this weekend to influence what was a brilliant season. Sky and the FA have what they want which is a big club winning the league rather than little old Leicester.

Congratulations to you guys and wish you well in the CL next season.

Well done to the ref and FA also. If it wasn't for them who knows who would have ended up winners.

Nothing you can say about style of play or tactics etc will take away the FA and ref have decided what happens this season.

Absolutely pathetic

Great stat in the paper this morning: in the past five years, eight out of 10 top-two Premier League teams have dropped five points or more in the last four games of the season.

:pochserious2:

None whatsoever. He's getting a two game ban. Personally I'd rather he's let off with no ban (not even for the two yellows) so we don't have to hear the "wah wah wah they stole the title from us."
No no no mate. I hope he's banned for the rest of the season. They can "wah, wah, wah" all they want. The reality is (& they will know it deep down) that Vardy cheated, got sent off, behaved like a cunt to the ref instead of taking it like a man & cost them the title.
That is satisfying, no?

What's pissing me off is we seem to be the title race villain in almost everyone's eyes when not only is it equally a "fairytale" for us to win but we are doing it playing the best football in the league, with the youngest squad in the league filled with exciting young English talent.

It's about time we started getting some fucking credit!

Yeh I am proud to be spurs too, always have been. The pressure did get to us when we should have won. Not critising the team but this kind of thing happens to us a lot when we are at crunch times in whatever we may be going for. To say because we have never been top or 2nd thats why we shouldn't be disappointed is wrong. Leicester and spurs position has been helped by the big boys falling flat this year. May not get this close again.

I hope we can finish 2nd. The 3 points also would have guaranteed us at least 4th but that's still a concern if we let this result get to us. Just hope poch can get em up for the last 3 games whatever the Leicester result

What do you mean me may not get this close again? You're obviously not seeing what I am seeing. We've got the best defence, best attack, youngest squad, a progressive highly likeable coach, stadium development. We are building and we can only get better with another year's experience with this side. We're about to get CL proper, not qualification. That will be a big attraction when going to get players this summer.

The supposed 'big boys' have all got major rebuilding to do still, we will still be there next year.

Pretty much the perfect weekend. A win, replay for West Ham and United and damaging results for City and The Scum...Newcastle can do us a favour it'll be a beauty.

While I do agree that we have dropped too many points...

There is no use in discussing where we lost our points, what done is done. We all know how good our team is and the fact that we should have had so many points more is a huge positive. It shows us that we can look forward to a good season next season too, as we are likely to improve with our young squad.

Whatever happens, the belief that this is the only season where we can fight in the top end of the league is a wrong one. To me, we can add a few more players to this squad and fight for the title next season too!

Leicester are winning the league, we aren't....and I don't care how many disagrees I get for saying so. Their form is too consistent. They aren't pretenders. They're the real deal.

Why are people still arguing and hoping?

They've 99% won it. For us to win, we'd need them to lose at least 3-4 games, as we're likely to drop points too.

We lost it at West Ham and gave away any glimpse at Woolwich.
You've answered your own question really. If they've 99% won it, then there's still something to argue & hope for. Fwiw, we need to win 3 games (starting tomorrow) & for them to draw 2 of their corresponding fixtures. That puts us level on points. If we can close the gap to 3 points in the next 2-3 weeks their arses will go & we will snatch it.

Back
Top Bottom