The run in....

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Leicester City are Champions of this season's Premier League. They won it with a manager that was always said to be a loser, he isn't anymore. The most positive thing I can say about them winning the league, at least if wasn't Chelsea or Woolwich or any of the other rich teams you'd expect. The likes of Leicester shows that the Premier League is changing with the new TV Money. It could make the league very interesting the next few seasons, when lesser teams don't have to sell to the bigger clubs anymore. My dislike for their style is well documented, but they deserve credit for pulling this achievement of. Standing on top after 38 games is amazing. Congratulations to Leicester City!

Spurs had to dug deep to try to play catch up. Never once were we in 1st place, and the last night's game when it became impossible to reach LC, was versus one of our biggest rivals. A poor start to the season, at least if you count the points made it very hard. On last night's game I can only say that I have never seen a Spurs team fight that much. However, the fighting went into overdrive as the frustration reached very high levels. We were never dirty, last night we were. In earlier times you wouldn't see retrospective action as much, but today, with cameras every where players should be aware. We ended up in a position where we needed to beat a team that hates us with a passion. The comments from Fabregas and Hazard, the antics of Costa, baits were taken, and we could have had several red cards at the end. Now, we will get a few suspension for the rest of the season, Lamela and Dembele first and foremost, and we need to take that on the chin and learn from it. It will be wholly deserved. This was a game like one of the United vs Woolwich games end 90s, early 2000 and we weren't ready to cope with the stress with this high end game - ending up with losing the grip of the game and the control of our players. This is also an aspect for Spurs to learn from. I like this Spurs team to be play hard, but fair as it has been.

Overall, this season has been an adventure with amazing football and change of direction at the football club to the better. We have young, capable and eager players who are willing to work hard and are in this for the long run with an amazing manager in Pochettino. We fell down last night after a long and tough season. This team is though, believe me, not a one-season wonder. For Spurs fans, always sceptical about their own team, this has been the most complete season in so many years. They are as much a one-season wonder as Harry Kane was, and will only improve. We will continue to build on the foundations laid this season, and learn from dropped points early in the season and mistakes made.

Now, we have two more games to play. I will be going to Newcastle with hope to celebrate the highest finish in the league since 1962-63! Still going hard to get that 2nd place.

COYS.

So we've gained 3 points on Leicester. Gone 2 points further ahead of City. Gone 3 points further ahead of Woolwich and the rest of the top four chasers.

In that same time we saw West Ham and Man Utd granted yet another fixture. Woolwich and Chelsea get knocked out of the FA Cup.

Enjoy weekends like this lads.

What is it with you lot coming on here? Fucking grow up - you've won nothing yet.

Sick of this, fucking Hibs fans, idiotic morons with crazed political beliefs and East Midlands chavs who haven't got 2 quid to rub together for their own shitty forum a 6yr old could have put together

I say no new members on this forum until June - fuck it

colbertmicgif.gif

I think we need to trust in some stats and just hope there's not an ultimate (sorry) Spursy fate awaiting us. We have the most goals, the best defence, the highest goal difference and the league's top scorer - if all that is still the case after 38 games then we must have an excellent chance of having won the league. If not, well fuck me, that'd be just us all over!

One game at a time; secure top 4, then top 3, finish above the Scum and then worry about the title after that.

If we go on to win the league it'll be because we've been the best team this season.

If Leicester win the league it'll be because of the head to head results against us.

Either way, neither side can complain.

I don't understand the fatalism from our own fans? 'Spursy', 'Spurs Way' etc. If anything this season has shown we are not the Spurs of the past and we have an amazing coach working wonders with a young squad. Our football is some of the best seen since 'Arry fakin rhannn abhat a bit' but with a lot more defensive steel and tactical approach to attack.

I don't even think I am a happy clapper! I am just enjoying what is happening, we're pulling away from 4th and if we can guarantee top 3, then see where we go from there.

We are "Spursy" no longer

New manager

New team

New philosophy

We are born again 'hard'!

No-one fucks with us and everyone must dread playing us

Enjoy the ride

I am having waited 55 years for a team like this

Yes we are that good and next season we will improve so I don't give a fuck how much Chavs, Citeh, ManUre spend or who is in charge of the scum

We have a settled side and Poch!

:levystare:

:pochohshit:

I love the optimism on here but I think we need to accept the reality here and that we are not going to win the league this year unfortunately. Leicester city are to far infront now with 7 points being a monster task with only 6 games to go. They need to basically lose 3 out of the remaining 6 and us win all 6.....just not going to happen boys. Thankfully bar a major collapse, we almost have CL footy next season which is brilliant. Now to keep 2nd place and finish above the gooner cunts because the league is gone

Goodness sake we would never have beaten Dortmund over two legs, end of story with whatever team we put out, they will win it at a canter as are in top 6 sides in Europe easily. Nobody else we have played have even been close to how good they were, was a schooling and Poch did the right thing not to bust a gut and still lose

As for league, 38 games no winter break, every team with money, we have succeeded where the big teams have failed to cope, we are where we are as we have the better goal scoring, the better defence, we are prepared for every game despite playing more than most and have had many other teams say we are best team we have played.

Plus we are probably still undercooked, only 8 months ago we had many cunts who didn't deserve to be here, still tweaking the end product, we will be right up there next season too

No idea where we will finish yet, I have being say wait while people were stupidly planning the last 12 games of season and what would happen, all I can do is like what I have seen so far and the fact we will continue to get better from the ground zero of last summer

Did i hear right that we play after them every game until the last game of the season?
Yep. Four Monday nights in a row, then a Sunday afternoon, then the final day.

It's unfortunate that we'll be playing catch up (and you could argue that it may give Leicester a psychological boost as they'll be playing to extend their lead each time), but it's simply a result of the broadcasters suddenly realising we're important right now and so cramming us into the television schedule in the only available slots.

At least there's one person who'll be pleased with the extra revenue...

BVXSzi.gif

What's leaving a sour taste in my mouth is the attitude of some of these Leicester fans. Taunts at the weekend directed at us (from the security of a 9 point lead at the time - really brave) and champions scarfs already printed.

For a team that was relegation fodder last season id have thought they'd be a bit more humble.

I could understand them giving shit to a Chelsea or City if they were their title rivals but we are on much the same journey this season as they are. Sticking it up the so called Big sides.

Like to think if the roles were reversed we wouldn't be goading them. And getting carried away like a teenager after his first sip of beer.

Lawro's League Table.

Had this been his prediction at the start of the season, I could understand it. But he has the benefit of form guides, week by week. A building picture. And it's clear, by where he's got Man U and Liverpool that he suffers massively from some weird premature confirmation bias. Has us on 35 points. What a twat.

Looks like the FA have decided to try and win the league for you w

Have to take my hat off you to tonight. I knew you would destroy Stoke and you did. Looks like your title now. Pity the FA and ref has had such an impact to what was otherwise a fantastic two horse race. I just hope the season is remembered (outside of north London) for the right reasons and not the season the FA decided who won the league. To all those having a go at our style of play - football is a points game and we have done fantastic to get where we are. Spurs play fantastic and attractive football and have done fantastic to be where they are. The FA have stuck their nose in along with a cheating ref this weekend to influence what was a brilliant season. Sky and the FA have what they want which is a big club winning the league rather than little old Leicester.

Congratulations to you guys and wish you well in the CL next season.

Well done to the ref and FA also. If it wasn't for them who knows who would have ended up winners.

Nothing you can say about style of play or tactics etc will take away the FA and ref have decided what happens this season.

Oh my, I thought it took more than a few months at the top of the table to become an entitled, paranoid anti-FA conspiracy cunt, like the United, Liverpool, Woolwich and Chelsea fans.

The red card for Vardy was completely justified, so was the report for miscunduct. Moss didn't have a perfect game though, as he should've given West Ham a penalty before your 1-0 counter (of course it was a counter attack) and he shouln't have given you that penalty where there was no foul at 93:50.

You're complaining, but if anyone was lucky with the refereeing it was you.

To be honest, he could of had a ban/red for this too vs Watford:
Create, Discover and Share GIFs on Gfycat

^^ Didn't they get 3 points from that match?
If I remember correctly, others have been banned for similar.

And as for not a dive, looks like he got away with the same move here
WhimsicalCoarseCattle.gif

So obviously cheating. Some think he should get away with it, "because there is definately contact", but he is the one that creates that contact to disguise his cheating.

In my completely honest opinion, that Vardy red card is probably the best refereeing decision this season, because he sees through the disguise and manages to show a crucial player for the league leader, on his home turf, a second yellow for his bullshit in the run in.

The decision was 100% correct, and anyone disagreeing is clueless or deluded by their affiliation to Leicester.

Last edited:
Spurs fans would be no different if it was the other way around - so just accept and move on. That's football.

If we don't win the league, you are better off looking at many of the games we could and should have won if your want to point that big finger of yours.

Honestly.

Spoken just like the new age modern day fan..

I bet if you went to games you'd take a selfie stick or spend all game taking pictures on your iPad.

If a team had to beat us to deny West Ham winning the league then I can guarantee you I would not run around get a stiffy saying I hope we lose..
I believe my club deserves better support than that..

At the final whistle I might not be pissed off if we lost but I would never cheer a team that was playing against us on our own ground.. That mentality staggers me..

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom