Tim Sherwood

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Who knows...

His bold statements say 1 of 2 things to me
He knows he is in for next season no matter what and has the ok to shake up the squad

or

He knows there is no chance of him in for next season so doesnt give a fuck!
I agree with that, although if he knew that he wasn't gonna be here next season then I'd have thought Levy would have made sure he kept a lid on it and didn't say some of the things he said today.

There's certainly a strange self loathing of English managers and players that many in the fanbase have.
I`ve no dislike of English managers. It`s just that they tend to play an english style of football. Its what they were brought up on. Unfortunately in the modern game that style of football is unlikely to bring success at the highest level. Give me a top continental coach all day long.I guess its being the opposite of xenophobic, but thats the view I take anyway.

I`ve no dislike of English managers. It`s just that they tend to play an english style of football. Its what they were brought up on. Unfortunately in the modern game that style of football is unlikely to bring success at the highest level. Give me a top continental coach all day long.I guess its being the opposite of xenophobic, but thats the view I take anyway.

No it makes you home-aphobic

:sherwoodlol:

I agree with that, although if he knew that he wasn't gonna be here next season then I'd have thought Levy would have made sure he kept a lid on it and didn't say some of the things he said today.

If he knew he was going anyway, and wasnt going anywhere until May, would he give a toss what Levy said?

Doesnt strike me as the sort to worry to much in that instance!

I reckon he is sincere about what he's saying about the players, and I really do think he wants to turn it around. But I agree that the motivations seem selfish as he's probably wanting to make a success of it because his next job is unlikely to be anywhere as big a management job as Spurs.

I hope so mate, I really do.

I get the feeling with the majority of his interviews since he got the job that he is enjoying playing the premier league manager too much to actually think about the consequences of what he is saying.

It looks a bit desperate to me. I can't imagine any situation where id say that to my staff, and although its a different industry, I just can't see it going down well whichever industry your in. If you have problem staff who can't be fixed then you shift them out the way, not publicly try and shame them.
I do agree with his view mind you - displays have been gutless and pathetic. Just not sure this will work out the way he wants it to.
If we get knocked out the Europa and lose to Woolwich then you have to say Sherwood is surely going. Just have to see whether what he's done works or not in the next two/three games.

trouble is fella,the industry they are in, has huge publicity. "Most" industries, are contained to that particular industry and it's associates. In the football world, it's front page, center page and back page news, in addition to all the TV, Radio and other media.
He probably shouldn't have done it, or at the very least, it's a gamble, but so far, our players have melted more than gooners wearing WHITE tops at WHL, without the public bollockings, so if it shames them into growing some, or just shames them full stop, then well played Tim.

I always thought FM was unrealistic when the result of my (Sunday footballer) digging out the team in press conferences would lead to, say, Modrić's immediately demanding a transfer.

Probably ought to reconsider.

What a mess this season has become.
Bale sold
Reinvestment monies seem wasted
Your manager AVB gets narky creates disharmony in playing squad
We incur dodgy ref decisions which affect outcomes
We sack a manager , install a youth coach, but with big potential
cop thrashings beyond anyones nightmares
fall out of contention of competition glory
players indicating they want out or protecting themselves for national teams
replacement manager publicly outs player non-commitment

Yuk, end this nightmare

trouble is fella,the industry they are in, has huge publicity. "Most" industries, are contained to that particular industry and it's associates. In the football world, it's front page, center page and back page news, in addition to all the TV, Radio and other media.
He probably shouldn't have done it, or at the very least, it's a gamble, but so far, our players have melted more than gooners wearing WHITE tops at WHL, without the public bollockings, so if it shames them into growing some, or just shames them full stop, then well played Tim.

True, of course. But even so, you don't see many football managers doing it, do you? Because although the football side of things is very exposed to the outside world, the inner workings are fairly opaque, at the least, very controlled what is put out there for the media. At the end of the day, you are dealing with people doing this as their job, and no one likes their work being questioned like that, whether it be your peers in teh same office as you, at a annual meeting in front of all your companies employees, or publicly for the world to see. Some players might react negatively to such an occurence, rather than positively.

At the end of the day, I think most of us fans agree that Sherwood isn't wrong about what he said, and if it does get the result he wants, where it shames them into stepping up and giving a good account of themselves in the coming games, then that will be fantastic. It's the best thing that could happen if he gets a positive reaction given our next few games.

Is there anything in the previous 177 pages worth reading?

The man is 'fit for purpose', that is all.

Ho hum another 'transition' season. probably followed by another.

No fucking way would I tell Sandro to his face that he played like shit.

Interesting though and confirms what I've often feared - that we are sometimes just too nice. I've heard several players talk about how great the team spirit is and what a nice bunch of lads they all are. But sadly niceness doesn't win you trophies. If what Sandro has said is accurate I expect to see the boys come out breathing fire on Thursday and Friday.

As patches o'hoolahan once said. You gotta get meeeean. You gotta get angry!

No fucking way would I tell Sandro to his face that he played like shit.

Interesting though and confirms what I've often feared - that we are sometimes just too nice. I've heard several players talk about how great the team spirit is and what a nice bunch of lads they all are. But sadly niceness doesn't win you trophies. If what Sandro has said is accurate I expect to see the boys come out breathing fire on Thursday and Friday.

As patches o'hoolahan once said. You gotta get meeeean. You gotta get angry!
I've said this before. The teams above us all have an arrogance and mean-spirited ruthlessness about them that we lack. Nice guys don't win things, you have to be at least a bit of a nasty cunt to get anywhere.

Also it's funny to me that people are only now starting to question the players and their attitudes just because of this Sherwood thing, whereas earlier in the season they would blame everyone and everything except the squad.

Back
Top Bottom