Tim Sherwood

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

I don't get why you'd play for your National Side if you didn't care about the game. No real financial reward for it, is there?

brand, it's all about brand, image and exposure.
That's why CL has become increasingly important.

That's why cunt features Terry was wearing his kit in the pictures for a game he didn't play in.

Tim Sherwoood doesn't give a toss about brand (although he might if he see's spooky recent photoshop), neither does Sandro from what I can see. I quite like that.

You may do, but I think Levy and our sponsors may have one or two concerns.
I care not a tinkers cuss for our sponsors. And I'm sure levy can live with it until the summer. Let's face it we're not in the news so much these days so now is the time to get these things out in the open.

I see it as much like when government bad news press releases happen, just at the point when people are looking the other way.

Well done Tim, if this has provoked the players into giving some semblance of a shit then thats great.

A limp arm over the should and a nice chat in private with individuals was never going to cut it.

brand, it's all about brand, image and exposure.
That's why CL has become increasingly important.

That's why cunt features Terry was wearing his kit in the pictures for a game he didn't play in.

Tim Sherwoood doesn't give a toss about brand (although he might if he see's spooky recent photoshop), neither does Sandro from what I can see. I quite like that.

I find it conflicting that, in that article, BAE also says he has no friends in football?.....

:adebaehug:

I don't get why you'd play for your National Side if you didn't care about the game. No real financial reward for it, is there?

Most nations with the exception of Brazil do pay for international appearances, although it's much less than premier league pay packet. What really valuable about playing for your country though is the image rights. If a company wants to run a new campaign, they look for international footballers, almost always current or former England players. That's why some players stick around with England once they have probably passed the point where they should have been moved on.

Most nations with the exception of Brazil do pay for international appearances, although it's much less than premier league pay packet. What really valuable about playing for your country though is the image rights. If a company wants to run a new campaign, they look for international footballers, almost always current or former England players. That's why some players stick around with England once they have probably passed the point where they should have been moved on.

I guess.

I was highlighting the potential for the article to be a little bit flawed and out of context really, but I guess there's always the logic that he's for real.

For me there is a time and place to wear your heart on your sleeve. That time/place, is after/before a game, in the dressing room. The best managers, can be equally as passionate in front of the camera's. Use emotive words and phrases, which allow us to read between the lines!

Then when your team takes to the pitch for the preceding game, you hopefully see what you expected to see. But when the manager sets it up in the way Sherwood has, which in my opinion, put the likes of Sandro, (being Sandro, The Beast) in a position, where he felt, he should come out and back TS and his comments! All great! But my point is, if the next few results go against us, then all that has been achieved is a fall from a greater height!

COYS!!

“The manager is the manager,” said Sandro. “He can say more or less what he feels like.

"If he says something like that it’s because he feels some or all of us are not doing their job. From now on we will listen to his words and share them amongst ourselves and apply them on the pitch, and do whatever he wants us to do.
“We have to put our hearts on the table and pull our sleeves up for the benefit of our team and ourselves. I am sure we will show much more character in the next matches.”

From now on??? Surely you do what the manager says AS SOON as he's the manager, No?
This would most definitely suggest either the players didn't rate or respect Sherwood enough to listen to him, (or that he didn't 'command' that respect by trying the old tactic of trying to be their mate) OR they didn't think he'd be in the job long enough (as many fans probably feel) to warrant having to listen for him for too long!!

Either way, a previous shitty attitude amongst the players - for whatever reason - may have finally been stamped out 'cos of this.
...and if that IS the case, then I for one am glad to finally hear it!

Oh do fuck off sammy. Some of us neither backed or said anything against Sherwood for saying what he said and even if we did not back him who the fuck are you to say we can't back Sandro because of it? Get off your giant cucumber already.
who the fuck are you to say who the fuck are you? fuck you you fucking fuck.

did I just outfuck you?

I'll fuck off................

From now on??? Surely you do what the manager says AS SOON as he's the manager, No?
This would most definitely suggest either the players didn't rate or respect Sherwood enough to listen to him, (or that he didn't 'command' that respect by trying the old tactic of trying to be their mate) OR they didn't think he'd be in the job long enough (as many fans probably feel) to warrant having to listen for him for too long!!

Either way, a previous shitty attitude amongst the players - for whatever reason - may have finally been stamped out 'cos of this.
...and if that IS the case, then I for one am glad to finally hear it!
or maybe its a naturalised portuguese speaking footballer doing his best to explain things, and not saying it quite right.
I do wish people wouldn't look for hidden meaning in these quotes.

The message is - "we all realise we've been dicks and we're embarrassed about it. From now on we're going to try harder for the manager and the club and the fans"
yay

I care not a tinkers cuss for our sponsors. And I'm sure levy can live with it until the summer. Let's face it we're not in the news so much these days so now is the time to get these things out in the open.
Not in the news so much these days? Are you kidding? Sherwood's popping up in the press all the time. It's like one of those little games where you have to hit jumping weasels with a hammer as fast as you can.

I fact, I think there's a merchandising idea right there.......I'm off to phone Daniel...:adethumbup:

Not in the news so much these days? Are you kidding? Sherwood's popping up in the press all the time. It's like one of those little games where you have to hit jumping weasels with a hammer as fast as you can.

I fact, I think there's a merchandising idea right there.......I'm off to phone Daniel...:adethumbup:

This game was far superior.

funky-gators.jpg

• More from Tottenham's non-executive director Sir Keith Mills, and asked about Tim Sherwood's forthright reaction to last week's defeat at Chelsea he said: "He was very emotional and upset and if I had his job I would probably be emotional and upset.

"When he got back to the training ground I am sure he would have sat down with the players and analysed where it went wrong and try to find a way to make sure it doesn't happen again."

• "We think he is doing a great job, the results since he took over have been good and he knows like every player on the pitch that success is based on performance," Mills said. "He will be in a great place if we do well and if we don't he won't, the same for every player in every football club in the world."
Non-executive director Sir Keith Mills with thoughts on the large number of overseas players brought in at Tottenham last summer: "I'd like to think the vast majority of the players we brought in will develop and stay and produce the value we believe they had when we bought them.

"This year is probably for us a transition year with a large number of new players and the manager's job is to make the best of it."

• "We think he is doing a great job, the results since he took over have been good and he knows like every player on the pitch that success is based on performance," Mills said. "He will be in a great place if we do well and if we don't he won't, the same for every player in every football club in the world."
Seems pretty damning, really, doesnt it? Confirmation of what many thought to start with or an easily misread statement?

Seems pretty damning, really, doesnt it? Confirmation of what many thought to start with or an easily misread statement?
No like he says its the same for any football team. Mancini got the push last season for not winning the league.

Mancini had hold of the best squad in the division, had been there 3 years and already won the title once. He had had a fair shot.
Tim has been there 4 months, and is already on an ultimatum it seems. We know the club want CL, and if we are honest the chances of getting it are minimal. I think Tims toast, I did from the start and comments like that really resonate now.

• More from Tottenham's non-executive director Sir Keith Mills, and asked about Tim Sherwood's forthright reaction to last week's defeat at Chelsea he said: "He was very emotional and upset and if I had his job I would probably be emotional and upset.

"When he got back to the training ground I am sure he would have sat down with the players and analysed where it went wrong and try to find a way to make sure it doesn't happen again."

Non-executive director Sir Keith Mills with thoughts on the large number of overseas players brought in at Tottenham last summer: "I'd like to think the vast majority of the players we brought in will develop and stay and produce the value we believe they had when we bought them.

"This year is probably for us a transition year with a large number of new players and the manager's job is to make the best of it."
How, in all honesty, can they say "we think he's doing a great job" when his results aren't that different from the performances under AVB this season, including the drubbings, and we're at a point where Sherwood is having to berate his players?

Back
Top Bottom