Tim Sherwood

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

What was the last book you read?, Sherwood was asked

“I don’t read books. I read the Daily Express and The Star.” Not the Guardian?

“Too much writing in it.

Read more at http://www.squawka.com/news/tim-sherwoods-most-cringeworthy-moments/319341#dRShFSIMJDeRae0b.99
200.gif

I think the BBC commentators Pearce and Lawrenson should be sacked. To hear them say that Villa's pitch invasion was "back to the 80's" could not be more wrong and totally misrepresented the fans and the entire vibe of their supporters. It's this kind of fan misrepresentation that fucks it for all fans of any club.

Villa have been in the shit for years. For the last 4yrs they have had to watch some of the most shit football played in the Premier League whilst also fighting off a genuine relegation threat. It was only last year that we all had to endure boring turgid football, but we played it at the top end of the league, these poor bastards are watching it whilst also genuinely believe they are going down. In comes a new man who has given them all something to cheer about for the first time in years, whilst I might add by beating their bitter rivals twice within a week and taking them to Wembley for an FA Cup semi-final in the process. I watched a lot of football in the 80's and pitch invasions in those days were not unbridled joy and mass celebrations, it was confrontational, aggressive and potentially violent, which wasn't the case yesterday in anyway shape or form.

I am of cause referring to the pitch invasion at the full time whistle. The mini-invasion that occurred in injury time, whilst was still one of celebration, was stupid.

Get this hooligan off the pitch now, lol.

I think the BBC commentators Pearce and Lawrenson should be sacked. To hear them say that Villa's pitch invasion was "back to the 80's" could not be more wrong and totally misrepresented the fans and the entire vibe of their supporters. It's this kind of fan misrepresentation that fucks it for all fans of any club.

Villa have been in the shit for years. For the last 4yrs they have had to watch some of the most shit football played in the Premier League whilst also fighting off a genuine relegation threat. It was only last year that we all had to endure boring turgid football, but we played it at the top end of the league, these poor bastards are watching it whilst also genuinely believe they are going down. In comes a new man who has given them all something to cheer about for the first time in years, whilst I might add by beating their bitter rivals twice within a week and taking them to Wembley for an FA Cup semi-final in the process. I watched a lot of football in the 80's and pitch invasions in those days were not unbridled joy and mass celebrations, it was confrontational, aggressive and potentially violent, which wasn't the case yesterday in anyway shape or form.

I am of cause referring to the pitch invasion at the full time whistle. The mini-invasion that occurred in injury time, whilst was still one of celebration, was stupid.

Pearce and Lawrenson are representative if everything that is wrong with the BBC:
Arrogant, complacent, lazy and absurdly expensive for what they provide.

Therefore, I agree with you.

Sherwood is a genius though, he's managed to single handedly take this shite team all the way to a Wembley appearance. :eek:
Anyway WBA have only managed to beat Villa twice in the last 27 times they played them. Villa winning 12.
So, what's new there?
I'd say they are more excited about going to Wembley during this relegation fight.

As far as I know, they never took 'selfies' in the '80s...

Yeah, look at these cheeky little monkeys.
266C226300000578-2984377-image-a-9_1425757937322.jpg

266C1B3600000578-2984377-image-a-2_1425757289749.jpg

In comes a new man who has given them all something to cheer about for the first time in years, whilst I might add by beating their bitter rivals twice within a week and taking them to Wembley for an FA Cup semi-final in the process.
Sherwood hasn't taken them to Wembley. He's responsible for one win of their FA Cup journey. Lambert, whether the Villa fans want to except it or not, had as much of a hand in it as well. But really it's down to the players to have gotten them this far. I think it's seriously irrational for any Villa fan to see Sherwood as the saviour because of two wins.

That said, I do understand the pitch invasion because of the poor football they've had for so long. It's a testament to that, and is a bit sad really, that an FA Cup semi-final is enough to cause such a thing.

Back
Top Bottom