Tim Sherwood

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Sherwood - good luck to him. He's the past and he did ok. We have had lots worse over the years and I'll have to always have a degree of ( grudging ) respect for him for the way he said it how it was post that Chelsea shit show when he was in charge. I always felt he did care and wanted to succeed, he certainly did not want to fuck up, being pragmatic I don't honestly think he did. It was a cluster fuck of epic proportions when he took over. Who was ever going to get Paulhino, Vlad etc to do any better ?

Ramsey, Ferdinand and him might well be a situation where collectively they add up to success, if they do well. Good. If they don't oh well, they will at least give everything trying to do well. I certainly don't have any ill feeling towards them being successful.

Sherwood - good luck to him. He's the past and he did ok. We have had lots worse over the years and I'll have to always have a degree of ( grudging ) respect for him for the way he said it how it was post that Chelsea shit show when he was in charge. I always felt he did care and wanted to succeed, he certainly did not want to fuck up, being pragmatic I don't honestly think he did. It was a cluster fuck of epic proportions when he took over. Who was ever going to get Paulhino, Vlad etc to do any better ?

Ramsey, Ferdinand and him might well be a situation where collectively they add up to success, if they do well. Good. If they don't oh well, they will at least give everything trying to do well. I certainly don't have any ill feeling towards them being successful.
Do you by any chance think that Nigel Farage is the "Breath of fresh air" that politics in this country needs?

Lee Power, best bud o' Sher wood, and chairman of Swindon Town:

"We're very mindful not to use the title 'manager' - it's not a demotion for Luke Williams. He'll be head coach still. Tim will be running training alongside (Luke)."

Power said that Sherwood will "head up all aspects, including transfers, the way we play, the formations and the picking of the team", implying a strong level of day-to-day involvement.

"A director of football is normally someone who doesn't put their tracksuit on and doesn't interact with the team - that won't happen here," said Power.

So Tim won't be the manager, as Luke Williams is still the 'manager'. But Tim will be taking training, buying and signing players, picking the team, picking the formations, plus probably throwing gilets at Williams in the dugout, whilst cunting him off on MoTD2 interviews.

He's not the manager, though.. :sherwoodlol:

To be fair... little Timmy did help inspire Swindon to their famous Cup Final Victory over the Arse in 1969, by virtue of being born just a month earlier!!

...so he's not all bad...

Knowing Tim he's on a salary for all three jobs:

NOT MANAGER
NOT DOF
NOT COACH

Apparently he's not even on a contract.

The whole thing reeks to be honest. They're 4th from bottom in League One.

But Timmy is definitely not the manager, definitely not.

And we definitely don't have an issue with having to pay Williams off on his brand new 5 year contract if we were to call Timmy the manager.

Still, i moaned that he needed to be prepared to gain experience at a lower league level before he "deserved" a bigger job and that's exactly what he's doing. I'd still only give it 6 months though.

Back
Top Bottom