Tim Sherwood

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Following in my footsteps
Mediawatch didn’t think that even Tim Sherwood would have the nerve to take credit for Tottenham’s wonderful season. We were wrong.

“I gave a lot of those players their debuts so he has been able to see them first hand in the Premier League, and see that they can do the job,” Sherwood told BBC Sport in an extended PR campaign interview.

Funny you should say that, Tim. Because by “a lot of those players” you mean ‘Nabil Bentaleb’.

Yes, Bentaleb is the only current Tottenham player given their first-team debut by Sherwood. He’s played 168 minutes of Premier League football this season.

Never change, Tim.

Mediawatch: Tim's been telling porkies again - Football365

Following in my footsteps
Mediawatch didn’t think that even Tim Sherwood would have the nerve to take credit for Tottenham’s wonderful season. We were wrong.

“I gave a lot of those players their debuts so he has been able to see them first hand in the Premier League, and see that they can do the job,” Sherwood told BBC Sport in an extended PR campaign interview.

Funny you should say that, Tim. Because by “a lot of those players” you mean ‘Nabil Bentaleb’.

Yes, Bentaleb is the only current Tottenham player given their first-team debut by Sherwood. He’s played 168 minutes of Premier League football this season.

Never change, Tim.

Mediawatch: Tim's been telling porkies again - Football365

It's funny, but Sherwood did give Kane his full Premier League debut and started him in the last 6 games of the season where Kane scored 3 goals.

I don't know about 'a lot of these players' though, lol. Classic Tim.

Have read a few different opinions on Sherwoods involvement with the young players. It seems his role was more administration than actual coaching and Ramsey had more influence on the players football development.

It still astounds me to this day that some saw "Proper Football Man / God" Tactics Tim as a viable long term option for manager at Spurs.

It amazes me even more that the same people are still defending him despite the shit show he orchestrated at Villa.

Being English and "passionate" doesn't suddenly qualify you for a top job in football.

There may be a lot of reasons that there are no English managers at the top level but it certainly isn't helped by having twats like Sherwood strut around with his chest puffed out, looking wounded because he lost out to "Johnny Foreigner" despite having next to no experience of first team management.

Be prepared to do your time in the trenches. Non league or League 2.... Build up your experience. Learn the game, develop your system and how to get the best out of your players. Get a handle on the press.

At least get your fucking badges....sigh....

It still astounds me to this day that some saw "Proper Football Man / God" Tactics Tim as a viable long term option for manager at Spurs.

It amazes me even more that the same people are still defending him despite the shit show he orchestrated at Villa.

Being English and "passionate" doesn't suddenly qualify you for a top job in football.

There may be a lot of reasons that there are no English managers at the top level but it certainly isn't helped by having twats like Sherwood strut around with his chest puffed out, looking wounded because he lost out to "Johnny Foreigner" despite having next to no experience of first team management.

Be prepared to do your time in the trenches. Non league or League 2.... Build up your experience. Learn the game, develop your system and how to get the best out of your players. Get a handle on the press.

Think he finally got his badges as he was force to start the Pro Licence whilst with us? Still doesn't make him a good coach though. Sherwood is a complete chancer and hasn't proven anything other than have the highest win ratio of any Spurs manager. However let us qualify that stat with the fact he was only in charge for 28 games. It's like saying Big Sam is the most successful England manager.

These nonsense 'proper football men' as opposed to Johnny Foreigner who more than likely played the game as well as coached to a high level before coming here and stole good British coaches jobs. Do they not qualify as proper football men as well?

Wag of the finger as well to Ryan Giggs, who claims he was offered the Swansea job but turned it down because they lacked his ambition.

Back
Top Bottom