Tottenham Hotspur FC - Crystal Palace

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Exactly what Jose said. he was glad Palace scored cos it stopped us retreating into our shell... which is interesting cos it makes it sound like Jose wants us to play positive attacking football.

At least a part of me wonders if we have seen a turn in our strategy overall. Like after the City loss in particular, but even after the West Ham defeat if Jose basically said “we have to play offensively”? Kind of the opposite of when he lost the 5-3 New Year’s Day game at WHL years ago and played much more defensively after.

Before anyone dives all over me, I realize it’s not that simple. But this team seems much more progressive in general these days. We weren’t necessarily against Fulham, but against the 4-4-2 of both Burnley and Palace we definitely were.

Surprised that you rate Sanchez's physicality. I've always thought he looks a bit slight/lightweight for a centre back. Quick and mobile, but not that strong.

He seems like a guy who is anxious to get close to his opponent, and win the ball back as soon as possible, but he then sometimes gets out muscled.
Despite that I do think Toby-Dav is our best CB partnership, and I wish Mourinho had backed him sooner.

At least he has played the game at the top level, unlike Alex Scott?
On one hand, she's a quota filler, on the other hand, lots of girls play and also watch mens football. It's good for them to have someone they can relate to on TV.
I often say to my little girl "look, that lady likes football so you can too"
Doesn't work, she hates it, but I try.

The impact of Bale and Moura is so important

Teams use to just be able to stop us by stopping Kane/Son but now we have 2 other players who can contribute to goals.
Son is also going more wide and getting more invovled in our play now. We are giving teams so much more to think about when we attack.

Souness hasn’t played the game for 30/40 years. How is his opinion relevant. The game has changed beyond recognition from then.
He made himself look an absolute moron with the dour faced bash of Bale post match.
He said he peaked at 31, in the centre of midfield, which if he was put in a PL game now, at his peak, he'd almost certainly be labelled a plodder.

awful pundit and has been for years.

Fuck me, are we good again?!

3 wins, from 3 tricky games to approach. The front 3 look telepathic, and the work behind them is just as good. Lucas Moura is unplayable at the moment.

It's amazing how much of a better team we look with Reguilon at left back. His intensity and drive add so much to the team.

He made himself look an absolute moron with the dour faced bash of Bale post match.
He said he peaked at 31, in the centre of midfield, which if he was put in a PL game now, at his peak, he'd almost certainly be labelled a plodder.

awful pundit and has been for years.
He would not play 90 mins even at 20 nowadays, would be sent off every game , he wasn’t hard he was cynical and dirty in my opinion

I really don’t understand why Sky persist with Keane as a pundit, he is so subjective in his comments and clearly has no emotional intelligence at all.
Simply, he is highly unprofessional.

Agreed. And Keane shouldnt be anywhere near a pundit job, after the hatchet job he did on Aalf Haaland.

What makes me laugh the most is that Utd fans think they are signing his soon to be World Class son.
Annoyingly, if United finish 2nd/3rd this season, they probably will sign him.
He won't give a toss that his dad got ended 20 years ago by a player who no longer has any affiliation with the club at all. It's not like he's the manager or ever will be the manager.

I hate United but they're impossibly rich and will just pay what ever it takes.

He won't give a toss that his dad got ended 20 years ago by a player who no longer has any affiliation with the club at all. It's not like he's the manager or ever will be the manager.

I think Halaand to Man City is the most obvious transfer ever.

A Club that needs a new goal scorer, a player that could play for any team in world football.

You'd think it would come in to discussion though, when he and his father discuss his future.

It would surprise me if he'd go to United. They'd have to pay him twice of whatever other big teams would be willing to, even if Solskjær, who was Haalands coach at Molde, remains in charge. Haaland has made it very clear that he is a Leeds fan, and most likely has a very clear negative opinion of Man Utd, as most non Man Utd fans, and particularly Leeds fans in Norway has. Additionaly, Man Utd has not been great for many, many years, and are not set up to get the best out of Haaland.

I think Halaand to Man City is the most obvious transfer ever.

A Club that needs a new goal scorer, a player that could play for any team in world football.

At first glance it seems like an obvious first choice for both club and player. Might be an issue though with the possession oriented football and a striker whos greatest strength is counter attacks.

Back
Top Bottom