Tottenham Hotspur vs Leeds United; Sunday 21st November 2021; 16.30

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

I didn’t say that though.

Which reinforces my point, this isn’t just about Ndombele being a fat lazy cunt or needing to “pull his finger out”.

As Conte himself said, some of it is about positional awareness. Which I think is fair, but I also think he’s not exactly been used smartly, tactically speaking. When he was constantly playing as an 8 in Lyon’s cm3, his positional discipline was less of an issue and he was pretty consistent - and not just in ligue1 but the CL too.

Playing as a CM2 in a 343 in terms of transitioning with the ball is no easier as you’ve got one less option ahead/around than in the 4231. It’s just a bit easier defensively maybe. My point is, I don’t really want Ndombele playing in a CM2, he’ll just spend more of his time doing basic water carrying.

I don’t think they are purely tactical, but I think we aren’t going to get the best out of him in certain tactical structures, regardless of any other issues.
I think we all agree and know deep down that as much as some of us Love Ndombele(myself included) it’s very risky to play him in a midfield 2, PEH doesn’t particularly have the intelligence to cover all the grounds he isn’t able to cover.
As much as Conte would love to play attacking football(perhaps) he would rather not concede goals.
With Ndombele we would be sacrificing a player that potentially could help with defense which is perhaps our weakest link.
I sorely would love to see us play a 352, but Moura has something that makes all the managers love him and deem him undropable.
Perhaps Kane gets a suspension and we are forced to play Son Moura. I’m sure we’d do more without Kane

It goes without saying that it was an important win. But just overall for Conte, the playing group, fans, staff everyone, it eases some temporary pressure and allows people to breath and smile which is always healthy.

50% of times works every time
Lol. Seriously though, he didnt really manage to get the ball over the wall or anything . If the freekick went over the wall and then hit the post or got saved but spilled and reguilon had followed up, then the freekick taker played a part. This was just a random thing that happened from a deflection.

Nothing overtly creative and it’s not like old WHL was a frenzied cauldron of intimidating atmosphere.

My season ticket in the old place was South upper, which was supposed to be the hub of the atmosphere, most games it was like a library up there.

The supposed atmosphere at English games is the biggest misnomer in footballdom. It’s generally shit. The atmosphere at many European leagues is much better, most of the time.

They often have designated blokes with megaphones that keep their “ultras” going virtually for the whole 90. Even 2nd tier games. They often allow unofficial standing in these areas and allow the “ultras” to all congregate together regardless of what their ticket says.

The one thing that I've noticed in the new stadium is that the South stand can be really, really loud, however for those that are in it and therefore creating it it doesn't sound like it. The only way to experience the noise the South Stand can make is to be in the other 3. The acoustics push the sound away from the South Stand!

We were awful in the first half against a Leeds side really struggling this season and fourth from bottom. Good resilience after half time to turn it around. Think that’s the first time in nearly two years since Boxing Day 2019, we’ve won a league game where we trailed at half time.

Our next four are Burnley (a), Brentford (h), Norwich (h), Brighton (a). I don’t take any opponent for granted any more, but if mindset and attitude are right, you’d be hoping for a decent haul of points from these.

Maybe people that never go to games should turn up and show us how it is done?

English football fans just aren’t happy clappers or high school cheerleaders - and thank goodness for that (imagine me with pom poms for starters…)

People go on about Dortmund but based on their visits to Wembley they were shite. Just some orchestrated monotonous drivel for 90 minutes that bores the shit out of everyone. Bayern were the same with a fat ponce forcing everyone to follow his shit songs.

When we make noise it’s real and it means something. We don’t ask for much. A bit of effort, a decent tackle, running with the ball… as the second half showed, the crowd were very willing to get behind the team but we literally had fuck all to respond to in the first 45.

Nothing overtly creative and it’s not like old WHL was a frenzied cauldron of intimidating atmosphere.

My season ticket in the old place was South upper, which was supposed to be the hub of the atmosphere, most games it was like a library up there.

The supposed atmosphere at English games is the biggest misnomer in footballdom. It’s generally shit. The atmosphere at many European leagues is much better, most of the time.

They often have designated blokes with megaphones that keep their “ultras” going virtually for the whole 90. Even 2nd tier games. They often allow unofficial standing in these areas and allow the “ultras” to all congregate together regardless of what their ticket says.
Yes. Plastic orchestrated dull monotonous and meaningless shite.

VonnegutBusy said:
Agree thick Irish fuck. The lights are on but no one's home.

I don't think I've ever even given out a disagree on this site, but surprised and disappointed that this blatant racism hasn't been called out by more here. (well done Airfix btw) About 4 disagreed with his post.

For a filter, just run it by yourselves if he'd said 'black, asian or jewish thick cunt'.. all equally unacceptable.. as would be English white cunt )
a sad reminder that anti Irish racism still passes people by, even those who would see themselves as well meaning.

VonnegutBusy.. you had a chance to reconsider your post and doubled down.. you still sticking by it?

VonnegutBusy said:
Agree thick Irish fuck. The lights are on but no one's home.

I don't think I've ever even given out a disagree on this site, but surprised and disappointed that this blatant racism hasn't been called out by more here. (well done Airfix btw) About 4 disagreed with his post.

For a filter, just run it by yourselves if he'd said 'black, asian or jewish thick cunt'.. all equally unacceptable.. as would be English white cunt )
a sad reminder that anti Irish racism still passes people by, even those who would see themselves as well meaning.

VonnegutBusy.. you had a chance to reconsider your post and doubled down.. you still sticking by it?

I missed that post. Completely agree with you. Out of order.

I missed that post. Completely agree with you. Out of order.
He's a dick I've on ignore. Probably about Doherty as he never fucks up about him after changing his tune after 4 months.
Great deal if this comes off.

Doherty looks like one of the best attacking options available and is prem proven unlike the Celik/Castange links.
I think Doherty is shit.
🤡

He'd played about 10 games and we had lost once in that time or something btw...then got Covid.

Back
Top Bottom