Tottenham Hotspur vs Leeds United; Sunday 21st November 2021; 16.30

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Nothing overtly creative and it’s not like old WHL was a frenzied cauldron of intimidating atmosphere.

My season ticket in the old place was South upper, which was supposed to be the hub of the atmosphere, most games it was like a library up there.

The supposed atmosphere at English games is the biggest misnomer in footballdom. It’s generally shit. The atmosphere at many European leagues is much better, most of the time.

They often have designated blokes with megaphones that keep their “ultras” going virtually for the whole 90. Even 2nd tier games. They often allow unofficial standing in these areas and allow the “ultras” to all congregate together regardless of what their ticket says.
I do agree with your comments about English football, although I also think there is a myth of how it used to be so much better.
Personally, I hate ultras and the megaphone stuff is nonsense. I like that English fans actually react to the game. And lots of those games on the continent are half empty. I remember BVB fans not realising they had scored because they were too focused on corny chants. With Ajax as well, lots of them had their backs to the game for most of it.

Megaphones are a bit cringe though in their own right.

Not really. It works. One guy with the megaphone starts it off, the crowd then follow him. It just keeps it going. Constantly.

In English grounds it’s one guy with a megaphone voice who chirps up a couple of times a game with “super PAV”.

Harsh to blame fans for the standing rules....

I’m not blaming fans for that, I’m just saying it helps keep the atmosphere going. And it generally does.

I’m watching Genoa/Roma now - there’s been noise the whole game.

Not really. It works. One guy with the megaphone starts it off, the crowd then follow him. It just keeps it going. Constantly.

...Or:

fight-and-win-sounders.gif

In English grounds it’s one guy with a megaphone voice who chirps up a couple of times a game with “super PAV”.

Who else apart from Palace in the EPL do that shit then?

No-one I've noticed?

I’m not blaming fans for that, I’m just saying it helps keep the atmosphere going. And it generally does.

Sure, but when exploring what we do or don't do; there's nothing we can about that.

...Or:

fight-and-win-sounders.gif

Who else apart from Palace in the EPL do that shit then?

No-one I've noticed?

Sure, but when exploring what we do or don't do; there's nothing we can about that.

I didn’t even know Palace Had a guy with a megaphone, I didn’t think anyone in the Premier League did. But Palace are one of the clubs with the best atmospheres in the Premier League aren’t they?

I was just pleased to get a win and show some passion. Baby steps with this squad he has to work with.

Think some of those in the lower West Stand could be asking for a seat change, when Conte was riling them up he looked possessed. Think that is the loudest I have heard that Stand.

:contefists:

Back
Top Bottom