Tottenham v. Burnley - February 28 14:00 GMT

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Hart
Tanganga - Toby - Rodon - Reguilon
Hojbjerg- Ndombele
Bale - Dele - Son
Kane
Joe Hart? I know where you are coming from but we need consistency in the back line and that has been Jose's mistake so far. Sure, Hugo has not been great, far from it.

Toby, Rondon, Reggie - 100%
Is Aurier fit or available? - I would take him over anyone else.
All the rest as per you. Unleash the beast.

Lets stop fucking around, Mou.

Lloris
Guy-Guy-Guy-Guy
Ndombele-Hojbjerg
Bale-Dele-Son
Kane

(insert your preference for Guy slots).

9-2 Spurs.

:balescream:
Hell Yeah Yes GIF by Food Network

French Alcoholic
Ivorian Nutcase, Belgian OAP, Saloman rondon, Spanish Speedy Gonzalez
Viking, French Penguin
Welsh Golfer, Argentine Crackhead, K-pop
English Golfer

It may look like lots of players, but let's be honest it'll be the only way we win.

Bale, Dele, Son and Kane give us 4 genuine goal threats. It means we aren't just relying on 2 players. It also means we don't just rely on Ndombele and Kane to create as Dele and Bale are both capable.

The only thing holding us back is the defence. If JM picks who is best, and not who he likes, then we should have far too much for Burnley.

I have come up with a formation that means the centre backs cannot fuck up!
—————————Lloris———————————
———————————————————————
Tang—Lamela—-Hjojberg—Ndombele—Reg
Bale—————-—--Dele—————————Son
———————Kane———Vinnie——————-

:mourthumb:

Lloris , Reguilon , Son , Kane and Ndombele - No minutes played
Rodon , Aurier , Hojbjerg and Sanchez - Completly rested
Moura , Bale - only 25 minutes played

That's 11 players who got a rest or a very good amount of rest. I expect the team v Burnley will be made up of at least 9 of those players.
We should be fresh and therefore we shouldn't look sloppy or slow against Burnley , we should look energetic and up for it.

Hopefully he gives Rodon/Toby partnership a go and if Aurier is fit he should start , everything else is pretty self-explanatory. Dele won't and in my opinion shouldn't start. I think Fulham on Thursday is a good opportunity for him and he 100% needs to take it because doing good in the EL is alright but the EL don't translate to the PL performances.

I have come up with a formation that means the centre backs cannot fuck up!
—————————Lloris———————————
———————————————————————
Tang—Lamela—-Hjojberg—Ndombele—Reg
Bale—————-—--Dele—————————Son
———————Kane———Vinnie——————-

:mourthumb:
Very high ‘defensive line’ aswell.:moursad:

Considering it is Burnley who mainly play defensive ball and they have a few strikers injured I wouldn't be against bringing back the 3-4-3/3-5-2 from the Sheffield and West Brom games.

Considering it is Burnley who mainly play defensive ball and they have a few strikers injured I wouldn't be against bringing back the 3-4-3/3-5-2 from the Sheffield and West Brom games.
I wouldn't bother doing that
Hojbjerg can just drop deeper to make it almost a 3 with the other CB'S

Full backs pushing up high
Get the front 4 into that box too

We clearly need to win this game but we also need to start seeing a shape and personnel Mourinho is confident in playing.

I really don't care who arrives at the party but I want to see Bale given a proper chance to impress and if Alli really has now begun to come out of the other side then great.

Ultimately it's THFC and however we regain some lost ground I don't care but let's just get there.

Last edited:
League is all about building confidence and fluidity for the cups now. We need to have our forward options sharp, so plenty of meaningful game time for Bale, Vinny, Dele, GLC as well as Kane and Son. What the fuck to do with our defensive line, I have no clue. Not sure we have one fit for purpose centre back... so perhaps go with Rodon and Tobs. Or Chirpy.

I'm gone beyond feeling optimistic about league games, but Dele and Bale showing some fire will give us a lift in the coming weeks. Should sit out Son in one of the next two league games, he's played so many minutes this season.

Easy to tell from last night, by those rested, what Mourinho's initial choice for Sunday is

Lloris
Tanganga Sanchez A.N.Other Reguillon
Ndombele Hjobjerg
Bale Son Moura
Kane

Now if anything from last night has changed that (hopefully Dele coming in) we shall see

Back
Top Bottom