Tottenham v. Manchester City (Sun Aug. 15 16:30 BST)

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Absolutely love it!! WHAT A WIN!!Up the the Spurs.

Proper football match today. Full commitment from the players with an amazing atmosphere from the crowd which added to it.

Great day. COYS!!

Another one who can't just enjoy the win and has to try and prove a point.

Right, so your're happy dish out the fake news bile before the game, but not big enough to take a gentle ribbing after the game? It's only a friendly piece of humble pie...... It won't poison you. :)

We even got a cameo from our new 50m CB......

Still haven't even seen you pipe up and say you enjoyed the win yet; but still Eric & Dav.... Pair of cunts, rite!

Last edited:
I fucking love that. haha
One of the things that really stuck with me was when we played Juve in the CL, Poch made a massive thing about what the directors were doing behind the scenes (he didn't give any specifics) but he was making out how everyone "plays the game" how they put pressure on the officials etc. I can only assume that Paratici was part of that and maybe that's a bit of it right there.

I think the nicest thing about winning today was that it was unexpected by most of the world.

Feet on the ground time now. We've seen an example of 'new manager bounce'. Everyone was playing for their place in the team - long may it continue.

There season is over unless they sign Kane. Really.
To be fair, they need him worse than we do on today’s evidence. Ferran Torres as a false nine was shocking. Jesus is a nothing player. At least we have Son.

Pep is a weird guy, obviously an all time great manager but supposedly he was telling Grealish that he was their missing link to win UCL when it’s clear to any casual he’s so duplicative of what they have. No idea why they just didn’t stump up the £150m for Kane earlier in the summer.

Great stuff today. But obviously goes without saying that no one should read anything into this. The season will take a million different turns. Even by the time the transfer window shuts, things will change a great deal. Let's just enjoy this for what it is, a single win, and not get carried away with it.

What a lovely game to start with.

so going with the assumption that Kane will be gone , we have the two donkeys dier and Sanchez at the back, no creativity in the midfield , and sissoko , winks , aurier, and Davies still as options ...... I’m going with
1-4 loss
Nice bit of predicting son!

Back
Top Bottom