Tottenham Vs Woolwich - Sun 12th July, 4:30pm.

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Who was your MotM today? I think Winks edges it, as I exclusively predicted 25 minutes before kick off in answer to the tirade of abuse he was getting...

MotM from Harry Winks incoming

#WinksLoyal

Just in front of Toby especially and Sánchez, who were both excellent I thought, and Sissoko's second haf.
David Luiz....

I try and listen to as much coverage as possible after a big win like this to just soak it all up. I normally never listen to the clowns on the ESPN podcast but I did yesterday since few other podcasts were available shortly after the match yesterday

They had some idiot gooner on there saying Spurs looked crap and the style of play was completely indistinguishable from Bournemouth. Look, I am no expert, but I'm amazed people get paid for that sort of "analysis" because it's not remotely true.

Possession...
v. Bournemouth = 64%
v. scum = 37%

Against Bournemouth we played possession football and could do nothing to open them up. Against the scum we played counter attacking football.

How can an "expert" at one of the largest media companies in the world be so completely clueless?

Mourinho brings a massive amount of baggage with him wherever he goes. His history of winning, trolling, reactive football and third season meltdowns means most pundits will just resort to their established view of Jose rather than watching what’s in front of them and analysing it.

As soon as he got the job everyone in the football media forgot that we hadn’t won an away game for a year and had been utter shit in the league for the whole of 2019, suddenly the narrative became about Jose destroying everything Poch built, ignoring the fact that what he built had crashed and burned anyway and was now losing to Newcastle at home.

There’s nothing wrong with criticising the way we are playing, but any pundit who thinks our current form is any worse than what we served up this time last season is just proving how few Tottenham games they actually watch. That run to the CL final is all the pundits remember about the 18/19 season, the league matches have all been forgotten.

Last edited:
Bazali red-carded again...!

Does anyone know the reason?
Looking at his recent posts, I don't see any red card offences.
There seems to be a certain cartel of posters who have it in for him. I have no idea who or why. He seems to be a lot less offensive than many others.

Thought it was hilarious that Arteta thought Woolwich 'dominated' the game. Having more possession does not equal dominating the game.

It's what you do with the possession that counts, and we didn't allow them to do much, and we had more chances and better chances than they did.

Mourinho's tactics were highlighted perfectly on MOTD, and I was very impressed I must say.

If anyone dominated anyone yesterday, it was Jose dominating Arteta like a schoolboy bitch.
Possession for show......

Goals for dough......

:tobyarm:

I try and listen to as much coverage as possible after a big win like this to just soak it all up. I normally never listen to the clowns on the ESPN podcast but I did yesterday since few other podcasts were available shortly after the match yesterday

They had some idiot gooner on there saying Spurs looked crap and the style of play was completely indistinguishable from Bournemouth. Look, I am no expert, but I'm amazed people get paid for that sort of "analysis" because it's not remotely true.

Possession...
v. Bournemouth = 64%
v. scum = 37%

Against Bournemouth we played possession football and could do nothing to open them up. Against the scum we played counter attacking football.

How can an "expert" at one of the largest media companies in the world be so completely clueless?

Julien Laurens I think. He was full of it. Even the moderator made a quip about how the Spurs actually won the game.

Not at all comparable to the Bournemouth game. We had 8 shots on goal versus Woolwich and 0 against Bournemouth.

I'm a little fed up with your snide remarks. Some of us were unable to do the things we wanted to do because we were either training or working 16 hr shifts looking after people like you.
Yes, I missed out on a lot of Spurs history but let me remind you that I was at WHL from 1960 regularly until university took me away. My lack of knowledge is nothing to be ashamed of which is why I ask when I don't know. So please stop with the petty little potshots.

Okay, things are not going well with us... but well... let's take a moment to think that they could be worse.

- sure our CB pairings of late have not been in class of prime Toby&Jan. But at least our CB roaster is not EXCLUSIVELY comprised of total clowns like Luiz, Mustafi and Kolasinac
- sure, there have been rumors about Kane long term future. But at least he is tied to long contract and he has not came out and quite direclty indicated that he plans to move like Auba did.
- sure, we had issues with Eriksen motivation in earlier season. But at least our top earner who bags more than 200k per week is not lazy fucker who is frozen out of the team.
- sure, we all hoped that Ndombele would hit the ground running, and he hasn't been most succesful purchase of late. But at least we did not paid as much as 80 mil euros (!) for a freaking donkey like they did for Pepe

I mean... one could argue that Aubameyang and Ozil are their two biggest stars... and both either already are or do want out :D . God they are a shit club.

I'm a little fed up with your snide remarks. Some of us were unable to do the things we wanted to do because we were either training or working 16 hr shifts looking after people like you.
Yes, I missed out on a lot of Spurs history but let me remind you that I was at WHL from 1960 regularly until university took me away. My lack of knowledge is nothing to be ashamed of which is why I ask when I don't know. So please stop with the petty little potshots.

People like me?

And it was one word. Hardly a snide remark or potshot.

Back
Top Bottom