Tromsø v Spurs

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Are people really taking this game as a serious indication of anything. We're playing on a plastic pitch in fucking narnia for christ's sake and the average age of our bench is 8 years old.

Commentators talking like its a make or break tie. We've already qualified

It's got nothing to do with the result being 0-0 in a match where it doesn't really matter. It's the lethargic way we're playing. I'm sick of this boring football. I'll still watch it and I won't call for AVB's head, but I'm getting extremely frustrated.

Well I enjoyed that, nice to see us score and win again. Dembele's first of the season, shame it wasn't Vlad's first for the club.

We really need to start getting more attackers in the box. I wsh Townsend would get involved and start shooting from 12 yds instead of 25.

I'm getting frustrated by Soldado's shows of frustration. He's beginning to do a Berbatov without the end product and technique of Berbs. not a good sign.

Anyway excellent result and assuming no injuries, a difficult trip safely negotiated - top of the group with a game to spare.

AFAIK Spurs currently hold the British record for the most European wins in a row (8) - this team might break our own record :thumbup::thumbup:

I usually do the same. I'll come on at half time. Today I came on at the last 20 or so minutes of the second half. I find when posting and reading shit during the match you miss a good bit of the actual match.

finally.jpg

SOMEONE SAID IT!!
@ Mrs Perryman Mrs Perryman and @ maria should be the only ones allowed to do both... as the rest of us can't multi-task!

Last edited:
what i expect from this match ? GOALS! we need to score ...goals ,for morale ,for everything...GOALS ! I give my horse for some goals made by our players ....

It's annoying that our 2nd XI looks that strong... we have got SO much strength in depth, yet don't seem to be doing anything with it!!

started drinking already I see.....

:avblol:
:)

No just happy at the prospect of watching us in a game where we've got a good chance of scoring a goal, and indeed winning a game.The Prem for the most part has been a borefest this season for us, in terms of playing style and crowd atmosphere.

I've enjoyed the Cups so much more, which is a pretty 'old School Spursy' thing. As I said before the City game, I'm looking forward much more to the West Ham game than the City and Utd matches. I'd swap beating West Ham for Utd on Sunday no danger.

I won't be drinking any alcohol incidentally, I'm trying to cut right down on the booze, I'm tired of making myself ill. Mind you I dare say I'll manage one pint at least before New Year's day :)

Holtby always adds a huge spark and sense of urgency to our play which we sorely lacked until he came on. I like him in the number 10 role behind the striker rather than deeper in midfield as he is a good in and around the box, however
Dembele also made a claim for this role tonight on his two runs into the box, reminded me of his Fulham days...

I think we need to stop playing two defensive/holding midfielders and just have one (i.e. Sandro) sitting just in front of the back four allowing the other midfielder, be it Paulinho or Dembele to maraud forwards. Then Eriksen /Holtby in the number 10 role behind the striker with two PROPER wingers none of this inverted winger lark when we have a striker who needs balls put into the box...
That's more our inverted wingers being shite... Either it's townsend who's all huff and puff and no actual contribution (wannabe Bale last season, and so far he's doing a very good impression minus the left foot of a god). Or it's Siggy who's clearly not a winger, never really has been and it shows as he wants to be central, and drifts there too early. if we played Chadli and Lamela as them we'd see much better wing play as they actually understand the role...

whether he will ever work in our system or we develop a system that suits him remains to be seen.
with his record his talent is unquestionable but we better make it work soon or were going to be screwed..

Our new look teams attack without a doubt should be built around Soldado, Lamela and Eriksen. We should be looking to play to their strengths to get them playing to their full potential. It could make or break AVB to be honest. We need to try and hit teams on proper counter attacks without slowing everything down even if we lose the ball more often we've got proper beastly ball winners who can get it right back.

Back
Top Bottom