Troy Deeney

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

A Schol then.
Skål is better

81zrfS%2BZOXL._UL1500_.jpg

I think we gave up on Janssen too early, Saha 3 goals in 10 games decent return on a 6 month contract. Denney certainly wasn't better than Bent, 8 goals in the first season 17 goals in the second , we'd take someone with that record now.
Rebrov as well, got 12 goals in his first season and looked decent enough. He then barely played because Hoddle stupidly signed 33 year old Sheringham and Rebrov got marginalised and lost all confidence.

Yup Bent was actually OK, just average for us given the price tag at the time. Janssen is on 1 in 5 in the Mexican league currently (including a hat trick in one game), he wasn't good enough for what we wanted, as I've written very many times.
I wouldn't go by that maybe if he played with better players in a better league he'd do better.

Rebrov as well, got 12 goals in his first season and looked decent enough. He then barely played because Hoddle stupidly signed 33 year old Sheringham and Rebrov got marginalised and lost all confidence.
He needed a proper partner, but anyway he's a racist so fuck him.

I suggested him a while back and got told he’s erm....too .facially challenged for us
98-A5-C2-EA-652-E-485-D-B9-D9-DEF5-BA560-A2-A.jpg

personally I’d have in a minute rather be in our squad than against us 100% effort every time he takes the field won’t disappear

He is a truly awful player . No way in hell should we sign him

Surely Wilson is so much better
Will he come and tolerate being a bench warmer though?
I read that he wants to get back in the England team.He wont do that being Kane's spare part.
That's the problem we have.No established decent age striker will do that.
We either have to use a youngster looking to prove himself or an old war horse coming to the end of his days.
Or change the way we play.

Maybe MourinhoBall is a little closer to making it work, but I still don't see how you can have just a basher who can't play football in this team.

The stuff we complain about with Lucas or Lamela or even Sissoko would be 1000x magnified with Deeney, who is a relegation fodder setpiece scrapper and little more.

Will he come and tolerate being a bench warmer though?
I read that he wants to get back in the England team.He wont do that being Kane's spare part.
That's the problem we have.No established decent age striker will do that.
We either have to use a youngster looking to prove himself or an old war horse coming to the end of his days.
Or change the way we play.

Tammy Abraham has played for England after being a part time starter with Chelsea, Jesus has played for Brazil having been Aguero's back-up for most of his career.

Wilson has been playing for Bournemouth for 5 years as the "man" and that hasn't exactly resulted in plenty of England call-ups.

I think he could get a chance with a team that is more mid-table than relegation fodder, Newcastle?, which might be appealing but he will have plenty of chances to play for Spurs if he comes here and if he performs well could easily see him impressing England coaches that are likley paying attention to the squad because of Kane, Dele, Winks, Dier already being here and us playing in London so easy for Southgate and co. to watch a game.

Back
Top Bottom