Yves Bissouma

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

It’s been a few months since we signed a RB so I can imagine we need another one of those.

By now we must hold the record for number of RBs bought within the last 10 years. Need to keep that up.

Southgate puts us to shame... He has at least 5 in every squad. 👊

Rightly so.

A properly managed club would have prepared for this way in advanced. Losing three players like this shouldn't mean anything to us.

But it does because of Levy's appauling recruitment record that is going to take years to sort out.
We are in the process of fixing that. It just is going to take years.

What is Liverpool's plan or contingency without Salah?

I’m insinuating that twitter fans are generally morons who have no idea we are about to lose son, Sarr and Bissouma. It will come as s huge surprise to them as they probably look at the L and R on their shoes to help them out every day and have no idea the afcon or Asian cup exists.

Then due to the fact they are morons their group mind shout will be “sign more players now!!” Hashtag #levyout or something like that.

That we get our 3 players back start / mid feb doesn’t compute in the minds of the dangerously stupid.
Or that most deals are done in the last few days of the window due to the fact people don’t really want to sell their best players and definitely need to replace them so we are buying players for a couple of games.

I would guess a CB is our main requirement not a centre forward or DM but I’m not running our recruitment.

And no idea what pwopa spurs mate is?? Something an Australian with rhotacism says over a shrimp and a barbie??

Does anybody talk like that you know Tom??
Can’t say I’ve ever met someone who has told me that.
Definitely not youths from Tottenham anyway.
To insinuate that the Spurs fans that want us to go and strengthen the squad in January and who will be vocal when we inevitably leave our manager short as we do after almost every window are “Twitter Morons” is frankly incredibly insolent.

Outstanding player who seems beset with a 'Jonah' complex atm.......during pre season one of the few players who was not away on international duty and had an early opportunity to impress Ange after being identified as player to be relied upon only to turn up late for training the very next day.

:bissoumateeth::ange-facepalm:

That said I fully expect him to be a big player for us in the future.

Last Summer they missed out on Bellingham, Caicedo and Lavia, what are you talking about LMAO , Liverpool fans have been highly critical of their owners and are still looking for a DMF. Endo is a stop gap and gravenberch wasn't even needed, they only got him because they panicked. 🤦‍♂️
They did miss out, yet they still got in top class players. Gravenberch is just as good as Caicedo, and whilst Endo may well be a stop gap he has proved to be a good one and they will in all likelihood still go out and get a top DM next summer. Szboslai and MacCallister and both top class 8/10’s.
They overhauled their midfield last summer in a way that our ownership just never would in any area of the pitch.

Their fans have been vocal about their recruitment and it just goes to show the difference in standards deemed acceptable when you compare how good their recruitment has been and their success on the pitch in comparison to ours.

I hope Big Ange feels some of the Academy lads might be ready for longer sub appearances than run the others into the ground.
It's not just to let any promising academy player get playing time in the EPL just because they look promising at academy level. It's a huge gap between senior level footy and academy level.
If young player are played before they're ready it can ruin their confidence.

Absolutely not. I just asked what their contingency for one single player that they are overly reliant on.

Salah assists or scores in about 95% of their games. They do not have an adequate plan for him not being there.

It's not one player either.... They haven't had proper back-up for DM or RB for years (and they could very very rarely afford to rest Mane & Sala) .... Even when that team was peaking 2/3 years ago.

How the fuck are we years from anything????

Cat years

Cat Typing GIF

We have fans that want us to buy players to cover the absentees away on intl duty even though they'll be back a couple of weeks after the window closes.

Yeah and not realise the bulk of the transfers happen the last few days of the windows anyway - especially players whose clubs don’t really want to sell them.

Not just us playing silly buggers out there.

Yeah and not realise the bulk of the transfers happen the last few days of the windows anyway - especially players whose clubs don’t really want to sell them.

Not just us playing silly buggers out there.

Bro people just set their expectations way too high and when they don't come to fruition they start the Levy out nonsense because they haven't been placated, it's hilarious when you think about it.

I know for a fact that we have fans readying themselves to smash their keyboards on the 31st Jan because we didn't get a striker they've never seen play for example, like you said they're going to be shocked when we have a list of absentees due to suspensions and Intl duty and wonder why the club aren't buying players to cover them for 2/3 games, the same people by the way wondering why we can't shift players and wondering why we have deadwood because we panicked and bought in duds in the first place. :ledley:

He needs to wake-up or he will become a squad player.

I'm not interested in blindsighted support.

I think if all are fit he is curremtly fighting Sarr for a starting place.

Quality is encapsulated in consistency at a high level.

Fancy going into a season with only 2 CB's, and 2 mil speculative buy.

Resulting in us having to play our backup wing backs as Cab's.

Sorry but there are no excuses for this.

Abysmal management by the club and yeah no other club enters a season with one fucking CB like we did last year and two CB's this year... Praying to fuck we get no injuries or suspensions.

How many years have we known this AFCON was coming...

No excuses.

Everyone knows that we are short in the. CB dept and it's a collective failure that we are in this positions but you were initially saying that we should have a load of players on the books to cover for an unmitigated circumstance.

What does AFCON have to do with our CB situation, what are you actually talking about?

We have cover for our AFCON players but they are injured ffs lmao

Fancy going into a season with only 2 CB's, and 2 mil speculative buy.

Resulting in us having to play our backup wing backs as Cab's.

Sorry but there are no excuses for this.

Abysmal management by the club and yeah no other club enters a season with one fucking CB like we did last year and two CB's this year... Praying to fuck we get no injuries or suspensions.

How many years have we known this AFCON was coming...

No excuses.

Da fuck has AFCON got to do with any of this???

MF: Benta / PEH / Sarr / Skipp / Madz / GLC (and recently Kulu)
LW: Perisic / Solomon / Gil (and maybe BJ depending on how we line up)

That's our provision for no Biss / Sarr (& Sonny)..... How big do you expect this squad to be exactly?

Back
Top Bottom