Jewish chronicle article on Spurs and the Y-Word

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Theres a bir

Many people struggle with the difference between anti-Semitism and anti-Zionism. Israel certainly doesn't encourage people to actively differentiate.

Personally i think the Yid debate is complicated enough without bringing Israel into it.

Agree re the first bit.

Just my own personal feelings re the second.

They are wrong not to print the word "Yid" in the media even though it offends some people of the Jewish faith? You are saying fuck them, offend those jews by using the word?
Yes I'm saying they are wrong, not saying anything as crude as fuck them, more like defend the contextual use of the word, after all the people who are offended on sight by Yid, knows that Y- word means the same thing.
So if people start chanting Y-word or Y-wordoooooo, is that going to be much less offensive?

Yes I'm saying they are wrong, not saying anything as crude as fuck them, more like defend the contextual use of the word, after all the people who are offended on sight by Yid, knows that Y- word means the same thing.
So if people start chanting Y-word or Y-wordoooooo, is that going to be much less offensive?
You can't tell people they are wrong for how they feel because you don't share that feeling.

You need to ask those that are offended by it, not those that aren't.

You can't tell people they are wrong for how they feel because you don't share that feeling.

You need to ask those that are offended by it, not those that aren't.
Yes you can, if you put forward a sound argument, just because someone is offended by something it doesn't mean they are right.

Some of Tarantino's films would look so stupid if the actors said N-word instead of nigger in his films. He has upset Spike Lee and some in the black community but he kept using in is films and has been backed by other black actors.

Yes you can, if you put forward a sound argument, just because someone is offended by something it doesn't mean they are right.

Some of Tarantino's films would look so stupid if the actors said N-word instead of nigger in his films. He has upset Spike Lee and some in the black community but he kept using in is films and has been backed by other black actors.
This isn't Hollywood mate, it's real life.

This isn't Hollywood mate, it's real life.
There is a balance, not directly equating the things but to illustrate the point.

Some people are deeply offended by swearing, some people are triggered by loud noises - there is a line drawn on offence and expression all the time.

There is a balance, not directly equating the things but to illustrate the point.

Some people are deeply offended by swearing, some people are triggered by loud noises - there is a line drawn on offence and expression all the time.
But Jewish people being offended at the use of the word "Yid" is completely different. And why it's down to non-Jews to determine what is or isn't offensive is ridiculous.

But Jewish people being offended at the use of the word "Yid" is completely different. And why it's down to non-Jews to determine what is or isn't offensive is ridiculous.
Yes it is completely different but we very often don't follow:

"You can't tell people they are wrong for how they feel because you don't share that feeling.
You need to ask those that are offended by it, not those that aren't"

We make decisions on expression vs offence all the time, I think we are on the right side on this one.

Yiddo has been added to the Oxford Dictionary apparently:

• yiddo, n.: “A Jew. Also in extended use: a supporter of or player for Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. See Yid n. 1, Yid n. 2.”

• yiddo, n.: “A Jew. Also in extended use: a supporter of or player for Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. See Yid n. 1, Yid n. 2.”

I should also add that numerous others have been added as well, this one in particular I took an instant shine to:

wankstain, n.: “A semen stain.

Bravo OED, bravo! I can finally use these in a game of Scrabble now!

Last edited:

We are winning...

Eh? I thought you were banned?

Maybe, this time, you'll try and behave.

Hahahahahahahahahahahahahahahaha.

Yeah....riiiight.

:pochsmirk:
Out on appeal.

Case reviewed the facts of the case and came to the conclusion that the public service I provide the forum by taking the puppy down shouldn't be punished.

''Now you do not punish anyone, Dutch or otherwise, for having big boobs. If anything they should be rewarded''.

giphy.gif

I should also add that numerous others have been added as well, this one in particular I took an instant shine to:

wankstain, n.: “A semen stain.

Bravo OED, bravo! I can finally use these in a game of Scrabble now!

Grammar nazis all over demand to know how wank stain constitutes 1 word. :wansum:

....Piss stain, shit stain and all manner of other stains say otherwise.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom