WTF is going wrong

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

As the title suggests

• Under-invested mess of a squad

Votes: 100 49.8%
  • Over-the-hill mess of a manager

Votes: 12 6.0%
  • Both of the above

Votes: 60 29.9%
  • I prefer to stick my head in the sand and pretend everythings sweet

Votes: 11 5.5%
  • We have the right board and the right manager, but teams lose games sometimes

Votes: 11 5.5%
  • Liver metatastis frequency

Votes: 7 3.5%

• Total voters
Nope not a chance..

I do think our season is done though. With respect to Norwich but it says how far we have slipped from our temporary pedestal.

But Mourinho or whoever will NEVER again enter a season with anything less than 2 if notv3 strikers.

It's Mourinho's saving grace unless we lose more games than we win from now until season end.

But again I just laugh and shout out those who thought getting a striker in addition to Kane would have been a waste of money. Shame on you for being so myopic.
Mourinho was here when we left a January window with not one fit striker in the squad

So I don’t see how you can be so sure that we go into next season with 2 or 3

The only thing you can be sure of with spurs is that no matter how bright things look they will always end in disappointment

2 points off of a Champions League place....,it ain't no over yet regardless of this dull ache we all feel and see. A week can be a big thing in football, for good and for bad.

Onto Saturday, we go all over again.

it’s over mate. We don’t look like winning a game anytime soon and we are completely toothless upfront without Kane/Son. We are awful in defence and pretty much concede every game. It’s over mate, face the facts. This Spurs side are not picking up the appropriate amount of points needed because they are simply not good enough. 7th/8th at best, CL exit impending. Season is finished mate.

it’s over mate. We don’t look like winning a game anytime soon and we are completely toothless upfront without Kane/Son. We are awful in defence and pretty much concede every game. It’s over mate, face the facts. This Spurs side are not picking up the appropriate amount of points needed because they are simply not good enough. 7th/8th at best, CL exit impending. Season is finished mate.

It looks bleak but there's a quarter of a season let in the league. 2 points behind the ones we chase we simply can't be throwing in the towel.

Teams will slip up and we could have Kane back in 3-4 games. Can't be looking at it that way in my opinion but each to their own.

As for season over we now have the just 4th to concentrate on once we go out of the CL so you never know.
As I said before though, kind of hoping for 6th and no Europe next season

I guess we can look at Leicester for some hope. They practically built a whole new team over the course of a couple of years. They basically only have two survivors from the league winning team. I am just not sure I want Jose to be the one building the team from scratch...Has he ever done that before?

He signed quite a lot of the important players that contributed to his success at Inter Milan iirc.

Big signing indeed, as were Milito, Sneijder and Eto. We could do with four like that this summer

Indeed, those are class players. But the game has changed since 2010. Jose can’t play the park the bus game and counter like he used to. Only Atletico make that work and god they are a boring outfit to watch.

Indeed, those are class players. But the game has changed since 2010. Jose can’t play the park the bus game and counter like he used to. Only Atletico make that work and god they are a boring outfit to watch.

Agree but the game is changing all the time. It takes one team to be successful playing a certain style and then others start to copy. Parking the bus and counter attacking will come back into fashion at some point. It's cyclical. Nothing ever stays the same.

I don't know why v we thinking this is the team fault, it's pretty much how mourinho is set to play.

On counter attack that's what he likes and knows, to have a defensive shape not to concede and soak up pressure before hitting them on counter
if team are better, he will play 7 defenders.

Mr Dinosaur likes tall player, matic, mctominay, lukaku, smalling, ibrahimovoc.

Tbh, It's really sad at this moment and levy has to take the blame for this appointment

It looks bleak but there's a quarter of a season let in the league. 2 points behind the ones we chase we simply can't be throwing in the towel.

Teams will slip up and we could have Kane back in 3-4 games. Can't be looking at it that way in my opinion but each to their own.
Kane always takes 3+ games to get back up to speed anyway. Often looks like he's running through treacle. I just can't see him banging them in from the moment he steps back onto the pitch...sadly...

So we get NFL, Guns n Rose, Sarries and Joshua in the stadium......

BVXSzi.gif

But no striker for half a season

Seriously, though. WTF have we become?

Last edited:
Jose picked Vorm
You can blame any manager for any team selections after any loss in any season throughout any clubs history.

Sometimes, though there comes a time when the more rational look at the bigger picture.
Like after 20 years.

And with Vorm in goal or not, being outplayed by the leagues worst team at home in front of our own fans is a shockingly sad indictment of where our squad stands after 20 years of serious under investment from our owners

Back
Top Bottom