Jose Mourinho

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

All I can say is we have one of the weakest defenses in the league, so many individual errors, Vorms can be blamed on Mourinho for choosing him, but others, no, consistently, all 3 our keepers has a clanger in them, our captain, the guy people should look at for inspiration, makes so many individual errors

Yes the attacking part isn't his fault, but can you blame the individual errors on Jose? Fuck sake Jose you shouldn't have palmed the ball right to Chris Woods feet...

You can work on them in training but still these errors continue maybe the players aren't up to it?
It's funny how every struggling coach always gets bad luck.

Maybe we do need a new defence but every single person on here would take our players over Sheffield Uniteds but look at their defence.

Of course wilder has had years but the point is every struggling manager will point to individual errors.

Lloris is one of the best 'keepers in the World mate, his errors are no worse than other 'keepers at his level, they all make mistakes the difference is the oppo haven't scored from them so the stat doesn't get trotted out in the media. Did you see Edesson at the weekend? He does this every week, but his errors we finally punished. Allisson also got lucky again with Milner bailing him out clearing the ball off the line. The issue is we concede far too many shots on our goal, Lloris, as a consequence has, is by far the busier 'keeper. He's the best shot-stopper in Europe both in actual shots faced and perhaps more importantly bassed on XG (quality of shots faced).

This is a tactical and team organisation issue. If you allow so many attacks against you it stands to reason that at some point an error will be committed. This isn't sustainable.

Tottenham-Hotspur-Premier-League-Trendlines-2.png
That's a fair enough arguement, I'm not usually one for inflammatory responses but I've had a fuck full of our captain who 'leads' by example getting bullied in the box & not being vocal enough, he says his future is linked to Poch, I hope it is

It's funny how every struggling coach always gets bad luck.

Maybe we do need a new defence but every single person on here would take our players over Sheffield Uniteds but look at their defence.

Of course wilder has had years but the point is every struggling manager will point to individual errors.

That's a fair enough argument but like you said, Wilder has been there for years and shaped his squad how he wanted it to, Jose hasn't, name me another top level team with as many individual errors in a row like ours? If your done by skill or tactics fair enough, but for me, off what I've seen, in my opinion, at crucial times during games their had been individual errors

That's a fair enough arguement, I'm not usually one for inflammatory responses but I've had a fuck full of our captain who 'leads' by example getting bullied in the box & not being vocal enough, he says his future is linked to Poch, I hope it is

That's a fair enough argument but like you said, Wilder has been there for years and shaped his squad how he wanted it to, Jose hasn't, name me another top level team with as many individual errors in a row like ours? If your done by skill or tactics fair enough, but for me, off what I've seen, in my opinion, at crucial times during games their had been individual errors
That's the point mate top level teams dont have individual errors . First sign a manager is doing a shit job? He and the media start talking about individual errors.

If we lose on the weekend to United I'd also like to see this.

No sense in going for Europa. Commit to playing the young guys and hope that we reduce our fixture load by 10-12 games next season by missing out on Europa so we can focus on the Prem and the domestic Cups.
Would you rather have 10-12 fewer games, or an extra £40m to spend in the transfer market? That's roughly the equation here and personally I'd take the money and then play very rotated squads in the Europa.

Would you rather have 10-12 fewer games, or an extra £40m to spend in the transfer market? That's roughly the equation here and personally I'd take the money and then play very rotated squads in the Europa.

Definitely I'd take fewer games.

Not travelling to Eastern Europe on a Thursday Night to turn around and have to play Sunday is much more important than signing one player who may or may not even be any good.

This team needs to focus on finding their best XI next season in the Prem, and rotate their bench through the Cup games.

In that time he got us to our first ever European cup final and a top four finish. Be pretty harsh to sack him after that without at least a chance to rebuild.

One of his last acts in shelling out a club record £60 million on Ndombele wasn’t a very encouraging sign for the rebuild project ahead.

Back
Top Bottom